It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contagion - New 'bird flu' movie to scare you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hollywood being paid by pharmaceutical companies to create fear so that we all buy flu shots this fall. Right on time with a September 9th release date. There are plenty of movies just like this...why make another?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yeah lets be scared of birds, pigs, cows, vegetables and everything that we eat. Thank god that we have nice looking GMO food that is much much safer and healthier. (sarcasm)

Well i must say i usually like apocalypse / world disease type movies but this is too much.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

MATT DAMON!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, whats with all the crap movies now, they seem to have ran outta good ideas, its all comics and books made into films these days.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Or it could be using past events as a plot to a movie, to make money.
Out of the box i know.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

I don't go to the theater anymore. The price of the ticket, snacks and drink have ruined it for me. I just wait to hear others views on the flick and get it from my library later on. For Free!

Even then I have been disappointed with the drivel Hollywood puts out.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Remember The Andromeda Strain or Darwin's Radio or 12 Monkeys or Outbreak? This isn't the first time disease pandemics have been used to make money. The Stand miniseries was one of the most watched in the history of television. Not necessarily meant to get us to get the shot, but definitely meant to scare us and keep us watching = money for the studio.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'd watch it I like stuff like this, though we wouldn't have to pay for the flu shot here any way.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just saw Contagion and was blown away by the bald-faced (to me) propaganda: viruses (which arise naturally) are valiantly combated by the CDC (govt will protect you) in league with heroic pharmaceutical companies (how could they be otherwise). Oh, and don't forget to take your vaccine (sorry, they're aren't enough for everyone!).

The folks I saw it with experienced it another way. To them it was an entirely fictional and slightly improbable thriller. "From now on I'll wash my hands! A lot!"

Am I out of my f*cking mind? Or are they?

I joined ATS to have someone to talk to, someone who doesn't think I'm bonkers when I call it like I see it.

This is perhaps off topic, but how do you all stay sane? Move through the world? Interact with family who think you're a nutjob?

Awakening alone...a helping hand would be most appreciated.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goodmedicine

Just saw it last night - agreed!!

top topics

join