It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboriginals: Their Flying Shiny Eggs and Moon-Man tales.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You know, it occurs to me, that the Moon is probably the first place the fallen ones told mankind that they were from. After all, when mankind first encountered them, they must have asked these people where they came from. What would the fallen do, but point to the sky? What's the first thing other than the Sun that one sees? I wonder how long it was before their lies caught up to them? Now they are from the Pleiades, or Sirius, or some other equally unprovable place. The origin of the 'gods' seems to be getting further and further away as time progresses.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Really interesting thread, would love to read more about the concept of Dreamtime!

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zetaReticulous

Hey thanks, The Dreamtime is interesting, there is not really a past or future. "Dreaming" existed before the life of the individual begins, and continues to exist when the life of the individual ends. Some words used to describe it are "un-creation" "time out of time" and "every-when"

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I can only think of how much Ed from Ed Edd n' Eddy would love this website.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Hello Zazz,

I have spent some years in central Aust and know many of the stories. My children went to the community's pre and primary schools. One story that caught my attention was a song the children learned. Its a simple counting song based on an egg shaped object crashing at 'Mission Creek' near Yuendumu many years ago.

In the song there was a creature who survived that was cared for by the Warlpiri out there. The creature eventually died. In the song the words "poor thing" were mentioned. (related to the alien)

When my daughter left the school at Yuendumu they gave her a dreaming painting and a translated copy of the song with drawing on a poster for her to learn in English and Warlpiri. Some years later we were at Kintore (Walungurru) for a while and I showed the poster and song to some aboriginal elders both men and women. They sang the song in Warlpiri and Pintubi. All knew it by heart. They swear the story is true. I still have the poster and painting as well of some photos of an aboriginal elder holding the poster up and pointing to it.

In any other written records there is no mention of this occurance.

From talking to quite a few of the families at Yuendumu this actually took place although none could tell me the exact location of the crash site or where the alien was finally placed.

"Mission Creek" crosses the Tanami Highway northwest of Yuendumu although it is not named on maps. I have been there many times in the dry and floods. Mysterious area. Thanks for the read.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

That is an epic tale. Now imagine if someone came across the "egg" debris! Its pretty remote, there's a chance there is something there, thank you so very much for sharing your story.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I have often pondered on the thought of returning and seeking out old friend, Francis Jabarula Kelly, (Aboriginal movie producer) - (Bush Mechanics). He knows the story and the land. Would like to get together with him and followup on the Mission Creek story/song.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There seems to be a similarity in the oldest Wandjina figures and the Kachinas of the American Indians.

edit on 20-2-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some further info here..

There is no one deity covering all of Australia. Each tribe has its own deities with an overlap of beliefs, just as there is an overlap of words between language groups. Thus, for example, the Wandjina spirits in the northern Kimberley of Western Australia belong to the Ngarinyin, Worora and Wunambal tribes. These Wandjina are responsible for bringing the Wet Season rains, as well as laying down many of the laws for the people. As one travels east, this function is taken over by Yagjagbula and Jabirringgi, The Lightning Brothers of the Wardaman tribe in the Victoria River District of the Northern Territory, then by Nargorkun, also known as Bula, in the upper Katherine River area, and by Namarrgun, the Lighning Man in the Kakadu and western Arnhem Land regions.

Culture

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wow, took 20 min to read and a great read!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

*chomp* nom nom nom nom =D

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I knew you would bite me! LOL

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Brotherman

I knew you would bite me! LOL

=D got my eye on you grrrr =D

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

She is all yours! She bites too!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I went to u2u to not cause the thread to drift asunder.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join