Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Aboriginals: Their Flying Shiny Eggs and Moon-Man tales.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Maybe someone here explain this picture ..

UFO over South Africa on Google Earth, very clear picture ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for extra read end info, hope I did not muck your thread with this post ..
edit on 15-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Awesome read Zazz...awesome

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Star and Flag
Interesting to say the least..
Im going back to read more .Just wanted to say thanks..You put a lot of work into this

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Good points, but you can't leave out the effects that western politics/power had on the story of the Bible. I'm unaware of no such influence within the Australian Aboriginal civilization. The influence of motive can't be left out of the equation.

The Bible itself, as you mentioned, is basically a contemporary (Roman) adaptation of ancient Sumarian (pagan) mythologies. Why? And afterward through the centuries, even those were edited and changed as the power transitioned through one Kingdom after another, and one language to another.

The only motive for the Aboriginals was to preserve the ancient stories. They stood nothing to gain from changing their stories.

So on one hand, as you mentioned, there is the natural tendency of oral traditions to shift the stories over time, and written traditions not to. Versus is the political tendency of the western cultures to change the stories over time, and the lack of it in aboriginal cultures to do so, meaning their motive is to persist the stories.

In the end, is it a wash? Or did one have more influence than the other?
edit on 15-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Well no actually.

Well the Bible, as well as the Koran and a few other books, were all written down within at least one generation of their being created/organized . And before that, sophisticated societies continuously regurgitated the same myths over and over again. Ergo, little to no changes occur. This is why if you take the Sumer legend of the great flood and crack open the Bible, it's basically the same story. And why recent ruins discovered, like Göbekli Tepe, even though being some 9,000 to 12,000 years old, essentially still show the same story of a garden of Eden and a bunch of animals and humans being saved from a great flood.

well no actually

the torah was oral for Over a 1000 years aside from the dead sea scrolls/the silver scrolls and a handful of other scattered verses, the Jewish tradition was infact oral and not documented as a entire text really until the last 900 years....

When comparing verse segments that have been found they are pretty much word for word due to the strong oral tradition. This Jewish religion was back then orally taught not taught by teXt reading so your statement is incorrect.

edit on 15-7-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
More smoking gun evidence of abduction by grey aliens. Interesting how even though some of it is intertwined with fantasy and myths of their particular culture, the clear and obvious accounts of alien abduction come through all the same.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Simply fantastic work you've done, here! Though I can't provide verifiable documentation, I've read in several places that some Indigenous People of North America were on familiar terms with what we now term, "alien" or "UFO" phenomenon. It does seem to be a universal feature of those closest in touch with nature, itself. Thanks for an informative read!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Its important to remember we are applying our understanding as white people of Aliens/Ufos but to the indigenous it is their Dreaming so not necessarily so...it is their sacred song.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Well the Bible influenced Western society. But western society didn't influence what's been written in there since before western society existed. If anything, the west has added to it, and the countless dark ages myths created from it, all no older than the dark ages themselves, are clearly made up.

Even when comparing to thousands year old civilizations, it's essentially the same themes and truths

But let's go deeper. What makes them different?. Sumer, you can even trace how it itself changed it to its own beliefs!

Most beliefs in the world can be categorized by a few basic traditions. Indoeuropean, Classic Atheistic, Abrahamic, and of course, local tradition (African, aboriginal, native american traditions). Every religion in the world can be traced to one or more origins from therein. The stranger part? Even cultures separated by oceans, like the Maya and India, still show derivatives of the same lineage. It sounds crazy, but the Maya are in fact the result of a mixture between Indoeuropean, and local traditions. Did you know that Maya and ancient India both have a very similar myth about warriors holding lotuses with both hands and reclining while in the presence of sea monsters? Mexican tombs even have extremely similar "wheeled animals", even though there was no invention of the wheel in the Americas.

www.shields-research.org...

Inevitably, one has to start tracing influences from them. Classic atheism seen in both Greece, and being the primary reason Buddhism was born, both are linked with a rejection of the indoeuropean tradition. Thus classic atheism and indoeuropean are dynamically linked. Indoeuropean shares many themes from Abrahamic and monotheistic ancient beliefs. This being a world tree, serpents as antagonists, and various other themes. But it's relatively understood that the gods of indoeuropean tradition were very likely ancient kings and queens and priests whom worshiped each themselves. So monotheism and hero worship are the two oldest religions on Earth. One being a worship of something unknown, the other being a worship of a single person whom was known. Over time the hero worshiping generated pantheons of people, much like how Americans borderline worship a pantheon of founding fathers. In fact the hero worship of Americans to their founders could very well be a good look at how the indoeuropean tradition began.

Thus we come to a simple fact. Men have only ever worshiped 3 things. An unseen god, an idol, or a leader. From this derives all myths.

There's plenty of parallels for many other religious texts. This "cultural creation" that often happens in local communities actually triggered Islam to be formed, because they were becoming annoyed and disgusted at the corruption from people's own opinions. Thus they made their own religion, established it, and after Muhammad died, they write it down. "Moe" made them promise not to write it down in his life time.

Similar actions were taken to ensure corruption did not occur elsewhere. Weather it be a small community of monks who learned it verbatim or a bunch of heretics in the middle of no where keeping the texts well stored. If we look at, say, the biblical texts from Syrian heretics, people cut off from the world since around 80 AD or so, their texts are the same written words that monks translated to English several centuries later.

The key here is redundancy. A freaking huge amount of redundancy. Tribals don't have redundancies. They are their own individual units with their own individual beliefs and ways. Always shifting and changing, exchanging and trading beliefs and culture

I don't really see why motive would be out of the question. If at some point one tribe got angry at another, they could have taken their children and changed their own myths to their own or something different and then let them back or keep them, either way, the cultural impact is there. Motives are what drive all things. People simply do things for reasons.

From all this, one can state that politically, people change religion for gain in the indoeuropean tradition as well as the abrahamic tradition. But the problem is, that text is always there, unchanged. Thus these changes barely ever last a few generations before losing popularity and the changes in question being reduced to an offshoot of heretics living in an enclosure somewhere. Tribals have no such things written, thus when a change is made, it's simply accepted, because the man in charge says so and nothing says otherwise.

There;s basically three types of religion in the world that have not changed much. The belief in a single God who destroyed an earlier civilization and saved some of them for his own designs, the belief in a pantheon of gods whom fight each other, and a rejection of these for the design of seeking personal truth and stability. These thre things simply do not change. Local traditions do however.

Thus, coming full circle, it's honestly very likely this story of moon men could very well be from either some overhearing of the 1969 event, or perhaps even the sci fi of the century prior.

We can never know. But to trust it as something that definable happened, well, probably not wise.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Is there much difference between an extremely close knit team of scholars and actual written language? Have you ever dealt with people fanatical about their belief? They simply do not allow change. Much like a written account. Sometimes, to be honest, fanatics and heretics are good for the purpose of preserving knowledge. Unfortunately, this is not true in tribal beliefs. One priest leader, or maybe a small family, keeps the tradition. And sometimes he dies before telling it all to the next of kin.

More redundancy, more likely to be true.

You're right that Jewish tradition was oral for quite some time, but even the oral tradition of them split up from Persia to the homeland, it did not exactly change much, if at all. Because for all intensive purposes, they were fanatical.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Interesting, but were is this dreamtime at? And how do you get there? Or is it just what they call there collective oral history? I never really thought about it, but it deserves some thought on it.

But a lot of those stories does sound like the grays and other "aliens" have been busy for eons abducting people here on earth. Or it could just be there interpretation of a long lost past and there attempt at keeping some memory of it alive in the form of this dreamtime and its stories.

Or they could be talking about other dimensions like the ethereal plain and such when they talk about the dreamtime. Anyways this dreamtime sounds very sleepy miss zazzafrazz. Thats a lot of zzzzz's.

I'll book mark this thread and see what others say on this dreamtime. S@F. For now I got's to sleepzzz, hopefully ill dream of some time more interesting then this time. But It will probably be more along the lines of nightmaretime.
Oh well at least I wont be bored.
edit on 15-7-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nice zazz,

There are many things that are hard to imagine when it comes to this subject and when one writes certain things that are out of the ordinary it usually isn't taken well.

It is a shame that the people in this time have been denied the knowledge of their past or in some cases some just want to make a mockery of it but sadly "it is what it is."

Whether it dreams, abductions, experiencers if one doesn't experience it for themselves they will most stay in the denial mode.

Example for myself I do not like the word abduction and I will usually use experiencer because that is what is usually understood but for myself even to use the word experiencer isn't correct really.

What I really consider myself is a Human with an Alien Soul that has been transferred here to help when the time comes. There are others here on this Planet like myself but they realize themselves to share this information is fruitless.

In my case I don't give a hoot what people think really I know I can put forth information and it wil probably be ignored and that's okay by me because I see it as I did part of my job and put it out there.

As I see it the Human Legacy has gone missing.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
in Canada we have "the old man from the sky"....

And on the antidiluvian summerian king list we have
En man lu anna or Kichi anna as he is also know on some tablets

in Ojibway we have the giant great spirit
Kichiwanna or Kichi manitou
he created the thirty thousand islands by dropping a great rock....
this happened 12500 years ago by the geologic record
the ojibway got here roughly 17 thousand years ago from the east...
when their tools match those of europe...

your biblical men of renown
the flood wiped them out
edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Very fascinating stuff.

"feather foot" spirits (which do not walk on the ground, they walk in the air; they can move through walls and things....sound familiar?

Pretty sure most spirits can go through walls. Obviously the implication here is that we're dealing with alien abduction but there are many mythical beings/spirits that can phase through walls.

As Bill Chalker points out we need to accept shamanic experience as valid and not apply simply a extraterrestrial abduction account even though for UFOlogists the parallels maybe exhilarating.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. It's very tempting for folks to rob these stories and experiences from their cultural context to support claims of aliens. It's also very tempting for people to take these stories far more seriously BECAUSE of their non-Western cultural context.

Lot's of info to go through, star and flag

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Absolutely brilliant work zazz

I dont know what else to say other than star and flag. Its certainly made me more interested in looking up our native's history of them and their extra terrestrial experiences.

Best thread Ive seen for months

I'll second that.
Outstanding

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
here is a little more on "dreamtime"

www.fortunecity.com...

The Makara Sisters This all happened at dreamtime, which was a different time. Before us was a dreamtime when time was different, and earth was different. There was a nothing, and then there was a something born from the nothing, and this was Numbakulla. Numbakulla was like a thought, like a light. Numbakulla moved through the nothing and dreamed. The dreams of Numbakulla grew into souls which he kept with him. Soon Numbakulla had many spirit children inside of him. Numbakulla continued to dream, and these dreams became alive with skin you could touch. These dream bodies were called tjurunga, they did not yet have souls. Numbakulla hid the tjurunga in caves across the world. One day Numbakulla placed a spirit child into a tjurunga and an achilpa was born. Soon he had made many Achilpa and they lived and thought and dreamed in caves and in valleys all over the world.

i researched this for a tune i did, wanting to use a dijouri doo and chants.

they have a huge history, time wise.

i find all this fascinating.

great thread zazz!

edit on 15-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Their descriptions of mystical experiences (timeless environment, humanoid (often white) entities etc.) are very indicative of a fairly standard '___' breakthrough which, consequently, is fairly confidently theorised to be the cause of abduction/mystical experiences people have in Dr. Rick Strassman's book (and now movie) ''___': The Spirit Molecule'.
I also found it funny that there were recounts of spirit pregnancies resulting from sex with ghosts, when Koories hadn't even recognised the correlation between sex and pregnancy when we colonised Australia.
edit on 15-7-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman
I also found it funny that there were recounts of spirit pregnancies resulting from sex with ghosts, when Koories hadn't even recognised the correlation between sex and pregnancy when we colonised Australia.

I have heard this, I understand the accounts are post colonisation.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

excellent post, I believe what you has just posted is true. S&F.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hi Zazz!
I appreciate the information and historical research that went into your post.I personally think there is merit to the parallels you drew as well as the ones you refrained from.
I do have a question, however: In any of your research on this topic did the use of native hallucinogenic substances come into the equation?
The reason is that I'm also reading some research about the pituatary gland being the seat of our sub-conscious (science is starting to believe the yogi's after 10k years). Much of the research currently centers on the effects that indiginous hallucinogenics have on shamanic/revelatory states.
Just curious, but I look forward to future articles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join