It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I was driving down the freeway one foggy night in Las Vegas, and there hovering over the city was an object. It was the very epitome of the classic “disk” flying saucer. I at first ignored it telling myself it was not really there. After driving a bit further it started to move out of the fog bank, and I started to really get a good look at it. There was no denying it, this was the real deal. I began to slow my car and reach for my cell phone to take a picture, and the thing started to move back into the fog. At this time I knew if I did not get a picture instantly I would never get the chance. I hurriedly pulled over to the side of the road and jumped out with my phone at the ready to snap some pictures. As the thing moved closer to me, I could feel my heart racing. I was rooted to the spot in disbelief. I almost forgot to take the picture I was in such a state of shock. When I realized I was not taking the pictures I quickly brought up the phone to take the picture, and then I saw it for the first time as plain as day. The entire ship had just cleared the fog and was hovering right over me in plain sight. And I was dismayed. It was a silly blimp advertising some used car lot.

My brother and I also had this same experience with the “Grim Reaper” a few years earlier. We had been out rock climbing and it was getting late. We were hot and tired so we sat down on a ledge to look out across the valley. And there he was standing and pointing his long bony finger at us. At first I was silent then turned to see my brother was very pale. He looked at me and I nodded. We very carefully began to climb back down all the while being extra careful not to make any mistakes. As we descended we realized the Reaper was nothing more than a tree and some bushes.

The point to this is that, while our brains were so sure of what we had seen that if we had not ever seen the reality of it in both of these cases we would be adamant of what we saw to the day we died. We could have passed any lie detector test ever devised, as in our minds we were 100% certain. This is why I find myself so skeptical of any UFO sightings, or other paranormal events. This also goes against the very fabric of my being. As I do believe there is intelligent life out there somewhere. I just can’t buy into the fact that they are here on earth. With all the planets out there, there must be others that have developed intelligent life. And with this in mind there may even be some with the ability to travel the distances to visit other planets. I just can buy into the majority of the “sighting” that get reported. I think 90% are flat out hoaxes, and the other 10% are a combination of events like the two I have experienced, or indeed some may be real. There are a few other events in my life, that while I do not place too much stock in, I do not have any explanation for other than “supernatural”.

So my question to ATS is this. Taken at face value the sheer number of sighting reported would mean there were aliens, ghosts, or strange creatures of many types out and about all the time. So obviously they can’t all be true or there would be no “mystery.” We see posts here all the time about sightings of one sort or another in this thread or other threads about the supernatural etc. Some get proven as Hoaxes, or 99% sure very quickly, While other seem to linger around for a long time with no conclusive endings. So if this is true, how many of the reports of these events do you think are real, misconceptions, or flat out hoaxes?

edit on 15-7-2011 by Byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Byeluvolk

Pic's or it didn't happen!
(I'm Kidding)
Had to say it.

Very interesting story, Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
See any videos on Rex Heflin on youtube by the UFO Hunters.
He had numerous photos of a slow flying disc ship.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You can't confirm whether its alien or man made.

I believe Area 51 created some form of an advanced aircraft and they dont want to reveal it to the public until war of some kind is declared

THEY ALWAYS DO THIS!!! a new war starts. a new weapon is shown or an aircraft is shown to the public...

SCREW THEM

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So my question to ATS is this.

You got a lot of questions about ufos for one sighting.
I'll set aside all your suppositions on whats going on and
just say the surest thing is saying you saw a ship invented
by Tesla.

new topics

top topics

join