It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is DNA the influence behind some paranormal activity??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

And a very good thought too.
Life reaches out to life...

If thestructure of our surroundings is sufficient enough to hold or support ajn image of DNA, then surely there must be something going on which creates what we experience.

It might even be how the concept of reincarnation came about way before we have our modern thinking..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

A Very thought provoking thread... well done OP.

My 2 cents worth would be this:

Having 2 children under the age of 5, it is often remarked by family that they are so much like "you, when you were younger" and also traits you see in yourself manifest into a new life.

I liken this to an operating system, where the key functions are as standard, and the user can then modify by adding programs to the OS to help them maximise their computer (or in this case body)

i think its perfectly conceivable that DNA acts like a transferable media, that when it is transferred (through birth and splitting of 2 sets of chromosomes) the information is somehow subconsciously imprinted onto the OS (children) and thats why not only physically the appearance of a child is like that of their parents, but also emotional and non physical characteristics come out.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Everyone on my girlfriends mothers side has the gift to see and hear the dead, she often lets me know when spirits are nearby. Every house she's lived in has had some kind of entity in it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surtur
Everyone on my girlfriends mothers side has the gift to see and hear the dead, she often lets me know when spirits are nearby. Every house she's lived in has had some kind of entity in it.

Makes perfect sense to me. The information stored on the DNA in her side of the family has been carried through. It's possible that somewhere down the line (possibly a very long time ago) this ability was far stronger and may have been part of the idea behind spiritual 'shaman' in tribes. (witch doctors etc)

I believe we are surrounded by spirits, no matter where we are. The inside of a house closes you off from external influences, like noise, sunlight,other people and helps individuals 'open up' to what's going on around them. You could pretty much bet that even without the house being there, we may still epxerience some degree of activity.

We forget what was there before, how many houses have been built on the same spot. We forget our history so easily. The best way to try to get an insight into this is imagine if every person who ever lived was able to all appear on Earth at once.. I think we'd pretty much be able to cover the world twice over..

But, there is an idea floating around about how we don't hear or see ghosts/spirits of the proverbial 'cave men' or members of other ancient tribes and clans.. there seems to be no reports of ancient Celts hunting the land or fighting etc.. But there is a story of a Roman legion marching through an area and are only see from the knee up..(ground level has increased and the romans are a 'residual' image.)
So what causes this difference could possibly be our fear of death due to the creation of hell and damnation by our most recent church leaders.. going back into the last 2000 years or so. But that does not account for all.

We have so much to learn about our environment and its influence on us and the information our DNA can contain, recieve, remember and pass on.

Quite incredible really..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Makes perfect sense to me. The information stored on the DNA in her side of the family has been carried through. It's possible that somewhere down the line (possibly a very long time ago) this ability was far stronger and may have been part of the idea behind spiritual 'shaman' in tribes. (witch doctors etc)
contain, recieve, remember and pass on.

It makes sense to me she is half Colombian and her mother was born in Columbia, they traveled here to America. I know their are shamanistic tribes in the jungle near her hometown of Bogota, In a way I wish I could share her abilities. My children will most likely inherit her gift.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

contain, recieve, remember and pass on.

It makes sense to me she is half Colombian and her mother was born in Columbia, they traveled here to America. I know their are shamanistic tribes in the jungle near her hometown of Bogota, In a way I wish I could share her abilities. My children will most likely inherit her gift.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Extralien

Sounds intriguing but I know with me,I was a very big sceptic all my life,and I have the scars to prove it,when crazy things happened I would just think it was an optical illusion,till my mom died,I had to catch a plane to colorado,by the time I arrived my mom had slipped into a coma,I spoke with her anyway,as soon as I got home at 3 am my king sized bed started throwing me up and down,every night for a week,I was afraid of sleeping,talked with a lady,she told me it was my mom trying to tell me she heard me,and to tell her you know it's her,I did,and all stopped,but now wherever I work,if there is an entity,they always introduce themselves,not my imagination as I take pics and videos for naysayers,but it's funny found out thru DNA I am 28% native american,who knows,and truth be told I believe a lot that at once I didn't I am skeptical but can't fake the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join