It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light Seen From ISS.14.7.2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Recorded this yesterday from NASA's live feed don't know what it is.

Not saying its a UFO well it is unidentified did not know where to put so I put it here.

This is what I put in the youtube comment.

Don't know what it is at first I thought it was a light been beamed down from the ISS for some sort of experiment.
But the light seems to go under the cloud.
This happened on 14/7/2011 over Canada

So what do you think it is
strange thing is every time something pops up they cut from the live shot all the time.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reflection of the sun, imo

p.s. nice avatar, loved this brilliant game

edit on 15-7-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Looks like it's just a reflection in the window.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's a great big giant laser beam from the ISS....they are trying to fry us like ants!!! Run for the hills people!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection of something , it maintains position , disappears when the ISS passes the lighter cloud base the reappears in the same position when the cloud is passed .
Nice view though

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

No it's not in the same position it's further back not keeping pace with the ISS that's why at first I thought it was some experiment they were doing.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Looks like it's just a reflection in the window.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Defo the sun reflection imo.

Here's an interesting one, any ideas?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

No reflection at all.
Nice find!

Don't worry: only, as usual, our neighbors that Come and Go....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That was a good one see how they mess with the color to make it less visible very similar to one I got a while back this one www.abovetopsecret.com... but this had a red light under it.

Thanks for that star for you

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That was a good one see how they mess with the color to make it less visible very similar to one I got a while back this one www.abovetopsecret.com... but this had a red light under it.

Thanks for that star for you

Thanks

Much obliged, thank you.

Yeah, apparently Nasa screw with the feeds, which would make a lot of sense considering some of the stuff which has leaked out. Interesting documentary on this is The Greatest Story Ever Denied 2 (Moon Rising).

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

The briefest look at the video shows that the light is moving the exact same speed as the ISS rotating around earth, so it's obviously just a lens flare. Like someone else said, most likely from the sun.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Yeah, apparently Nasa screw with the feeds, which would make a lot of sense considering some of the stuff which has leaked out. Interesting documentary on this is The Greatest Story Ever Denied 2 (Moon Rising).

I keep seeing this claim, like there's some kind of flight control console responsible for switching cameras when UFOs come into view. If so, they sure are doing a lousy job of it!

It seems more likely to me that the scenes are switched around to get the best views, get some variety, respond to comm outages and restorations, and other all-too-ordinary spaceflight situations.

Imaginations by some viewers that it is done deliberately to fool those viewers strikes me as irrational and unjustified.

I worked in Mission Control for more than twenty years and know the team and the procedures, and that's what I base my views on.

Recently, I visited the newly-redesigned control room, and the first thing I asked to see was the audio cutoff button at the Public Affairs Office console. THAT one is real, and I got pictures! The guy in charge there said he's never used it but it's there in case of medical issues or major vehicle malfunctions. But it's audio only -- he has no control over the video feed.

edit on 15-7-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

I keep seeing this claim, like there's some kind of flight control console responsible for switching cameras when UFOs come into view. If so, they sure are doing a lousy job of it!

It seems more likely to me that the scenes are switched around to get the best views, get some variety, respond to comm outages and restorations, and other all-too-ordinary spaceflight situations.

Imaginations by some viewers that it is done deliberately to fool those viewers strikes me as irrational and unjustified.

I worked in Mission Control for more than twenty years and know the team and the procedures, and that's what I base my views on.

Recently, I visited the newly-redesigned control room, and the first thing I asked to see was the audio cutoff button at the Public Affairs Office console. THAT one is real, and I got pictures! The guy in charge there said he's never used it but it's there in case of medical issues or major vehicle malfunctions. But it's audio only -- he has no control over the video feed.

edit on 15-7-2011 by JimOberg because: typo

Sounds like real interesting work.

Surely if they had an audio cut off, there would be a video cut off for similar reasons, last thing Nasa would want is for us to see an astronaut explode unexpectedly.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Are you sure, but really, really, really, really.................................(periodic) that that guy tell you the truth?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think its space deris floating back to earth

if not then WHAT THE HELL???

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by JimOberg

Are you sure, but really, really, really, really.................................(periodic) that that guy tell you the truth?

I'm never sure ANYONE always tells me the truth, even myself.

But the more context you have about a situation and the people involved, the more difficult it is for somebody to fabricate a workable subterfuge aimed at you. NASA officials have lied to me on occasion -- they wound up as chapters in my books, and were very very nice to me subsequently.

For example, pp. 306-8 of my tell-all "Star-Crossed Orbits: Inside the US-Russian Space Alliance"

By mid-2001, once NASA had wrapped day-to-day ISS communications in a shroud of secrecy, the temptation to exploit this secrecy to project a false public image became too great. On June 28, 2001, chief ISS flight director John XXXXXX sent out a memo which stated that "I want every ISS Flight Director to understand the US/Russian relationship issue is becoming a problem onboard." And, to keep the public and the Congress from knowing how bad things were, he added a stern warning: "Please DO NOT FORWARD!!" Somehow or other, a copy of the memo reached me anyway.

XXXXXX's memo was sparked by a message from Expedition-2 crewmember Jim Voss, then in orbit with Susan Helms and the station commander, Yuriy Usachyov. The crew got along fine together. But on June 27, Voss had reported that the TsUP (the Russian control center in Moscow) kept insisting on only talking with the Russian on the station, and refused to give Voss data intended for the Russian. "We are becoming more segmented every day and the unwillingness of some people in the Tsup to deal with any crew member is making this worse," Voss wrote.

Usachyov asked for an explanation from Moscow. According to Voss's note, an official there "said that we still have no agreement that Houston is the lead control center." Months earlier, officials on Earth had told the public that Houston had assumed that role, following the activation of the US Lab.

"So, who is the lead center?" asked Voss. "I realize that in many ways the Russians are still flying the Mir and we can't get them to move ahead, but we have to keep plugging away."

"As a professional astronaut with a lot of experience, I was insulted by their approach to this," he continued. "To me it is totally unacceptable for them to not work with any crew member on any subject. I hope this is resolved after Yury's discussion with the supervisor today, but I wanted you to know what we were thinking about this and what was going on off the loops. I will be patient and continue to work with them, but I will find it hard to accept another occurrence of this type."

Voss added a request that this problem be concealed from the public. "This is private/personal mail and not for release to the media," he concluded. This was in flagrant violation of written NASA policies regarding operational versus truly personal email.

XXXXXX replied to Voss by another email message never intended for the public to see. "I also had a very similar week regarding Russian relations," he wrote. "The Russians ARE DEFINITELY trying to force us into segmented operations," where the Russian crewmembers obey the Moscow TsUP and the Americans are controlled from Houston. This is a direct violation of the fundamental principle of the 'unified crew', agreed to by all the international partners.

"They REFUSE to acknowledge any type of US leadership in the planning world on items such as sleep cycles, priorities, etc, and they proactively maintain a written record of instances when [Houston] makes a planning mistake. This record is then periodically shipped to Houston as justification for why they should still lead planning (i.e. [Houston] planners are a bunch of idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground)."

XXXXXX had found out that a month earlier, TsUP boss Vladimir Solovyov instructed all his flight directors to follow the policy that the TsUP was still in charge, and they should "maintain ownership of all Russian Segment related activities". Concluded XXXXXX "I believe Solovyov's goal is to drive us into segmented operations so they can have free reign to profit from Space Station operations without US interference."

"I've been trying to fight this 'who's in charge' battle behind the scenes for quite some time," XXXXXX wrote. "We have jointly signed Flight Rules which clearly state [Houston] is in charge of all operations including Planning except in specific instances such as Russian Vehicle docking/undockings and [spacewalks] from the SM," he explained. "In addition, we have signed protocol agreements defining the requirements which [Houston] must meet before complete handover can take place. [Houston] has now met all of these requirements."

In public, however, these conflicts were never mentioned, and NASA officials explicitly denied any Houston-Moscow friction. Internally, other officials knew they were covering up contrary information so the public image of diplomatic concord wouldn't be disturbed.

new topics

top topics

join