It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Way to Store Sun's Heat: Modified Carbon Nanotubes......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Harvesting solarenergy has been costly but its getting
cheeper and cheeper. Not to mention STORING...phu

A novel application of carbon nanotubes, developed by MIT researchers, shows promise as an innovative approach to storing solar energy for use whenever it's needed.

Sounds promising...

Not only is this new chemical system less expensive than the earlier ruthenium-containing compound, but it also is vastly more efficient at storing energy in a given amount of space -- about 10,000 times higher in volumetric energy density, Kolpak says -- making its energy density comparable to lithium-ion batteries. By using nanofabrication methods, "you can control [the molecules'] interactions, increasing the amount of energy they can store and the length of time for which they can store it -- and most importantly, you can control both independently," she says

Full story

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Question: could you use this technology for the sequenced transmission of heat in pulses from one block of the material to another?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I belive they are doing the same thing we would do. already beliveing they are the supirior race as the have found and reached us first they have watched and observed us and experimented on us. What i feel is the most important information is the types of experiments as they will give us understanding of what they want to know and that is what is most important to them. I dont know alot about the experiments but i do feel the exposeing ufos to us is one of them and that our governments know this that is why it is not often released into main stream media. The governments dont want to play into them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
sorry wrong post reply

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Why?

To utilize just do as they said in the article..

Transfer heat to steam and power a generator...

That is all i need to know...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I was just thinking aloud wondering what its abilities are and what other novel uses we could find for it beyond the obvious. never mind.

edit on 15-7-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well if there are, find them...
Im no scientist but i do understand
some of the article.
The part of powering a steamgenerator got
my attention..Getting OF the grid is my main
focus..

Im sure there are plenty of other ways to do that though.

new topics

top topics

join