It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Playing The Race Card"?? Yeah Right!!! You Don't Know The Half!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Accusing people of "trolling" because they share a minority viewpoint is far more annoying. That should be considered trolling.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

There are several reasons I can think of to account for why you were followed.

• 2 young males in a nice store = no money & mischief. Not racism but just a know fact that most young males are broke, broke, broke. I know I was at that age. Plus this group probably accounts for most of the random mischief that occurs. Again, can't say I didn't fit this stereotype.
  • Loose clothing = shoplifting. It's much easier to hid stolen goods in loose clothing. Sweatshirt hoodies have nice big pockets.
  • Competitive espionage. Some stores hire other people to spy on prices. I know an asst. manager at a major chain store that has to kick people out on a weekly basis for trying to stalk their store to record prices.

It could have been racism but don't assume that just because a white manager is following you that you're being targeted for being black. It could be true but there also could be a large number of other reasons that add to the situation. So even if this guy didn't like black people he's not going to just follow every black person he sees come into the store. He's going to keep an eye on what he sees to be a risk for more than one reason.

From my point of view I would have seen two kids, obviously in middle-class families (iPhone 4, Aeropostale shirts) roaming the store. Who normally shops at large grocery stores? I can't think of the last time I saw two teenagers with a buggy full of food. Their parents do the grocery shopping. If kids want a drink they go to 7-11 so what are they doing in this store? So I doubt your race had much to do with being followed.

edit on 18-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

• posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
    link   

Originally posted by 547000
    Accusing people of "trolling" because they share a minority viewpoint is far more annoying. That should be considered trolling.

there is a difference between a minority viewpoint and an ignorrant one. the claims this "person" is making is just that. he cries race card and yet anybody who says they are white and have been discriminated against are nothing more than entitled whiney brats. but as soon as somebody says white on black, its magically racist and oppressive.

sounds pretty ignorrant, and on that level it just sounds like somebody trying to get a rise out of an internet forum, hence the "trolling"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
    link   
    This thread is now closed pending staff review.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join