Survey time on ATS, what is more imporant to you? Tax Breaks for the rich or Social Service Programs

page: 11
13
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Originally posted by SFA437
How about a third choice...

C: Force the effing government into not spending more than they make.

Then again common sense is an uncommon virtue nowadays.


How about no!

Tax the rich and you can afford to pay not only the bills but afford to finance social service programs.



Yup- why force Congress to adhere to the same rules as the citizenry. After all they are better than us, know what is best for us better than we do and should be the sole arbiters of what is done with every dime we earn from our labor.

Nothing like being a slave to TPTB. Say hi to the Rothschilds for me. Damn Bildeberg sycophants.




posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So your average federal worker is in the top 25% category, and look at those benefits! So you vae a bit of a conundrum. The best way to handle this would be to support more welfare prograns so you could get a federal job administirng them and put yourself into the rich category so you could be taxed at a higher rate.


1. The top 25% is not rich.
2. It would be a good thing if more than 50% could afford to pay taxes.
3. Benefits are good.

But overall you make a good point.

Spending money through the government creates a better quality of life.



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau
 


You can thank the job situation on Obama care. I work in the insurance industry and I can tell you without a doubt that companies are not sure what the implications are going to be when this behemoth takes full force, so they are running lean to keep their exposure limited. Thank Nobama for the job situation!



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Mividau
 


You can thank the job situation on Obama care. I work in the insurance industry and I can tell you without a doubt that companies are not sure what the implications are going to be when this behemoth takes full force, so they are running lean to keep their exposure limited. Thank Nobama for the job situation!


A blatant ccase of disinformation if I've ever seen one. The recent Helthcare reform bill is not the cause and to cite it means you are playing right off he "Daily GOP Talking Points". The rich and the tax breaks/cuts they've gotten have hurt this nation. The reform has actually kept people in their homes and have not had to mortage themselves into deeper debt. Not 1 kid has been dropped from insurance in the last year.

Y'all must be getting desperate to be using any lame arsed excuse to attack Obama instead of attacking those who are benefiting and banking on the destruction of the nation.
edit on 19-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Do you work in the insurance industry? If not, then keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about. It shows your ignorance.



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Do you work in the insurance industry? If not, then keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about. It shows your ignorance.


How many kids and people got dropped between 2005 - 2010 all because they got sick? a thousand, a million and how many have since died? half. This is why HCR was needed because when you have to mortage your home to finance your healthcare that adds to an already overburdened system. I study and know a helluva about "Cause and Effect" so don't dare tell me to shut my trap. You are the real Death Panels that Palin described. How many people did you personally deny treatment to? Now, what did your industry do right after it was passed? That's right, increased everyone across the boards costs north of 25% each so who has led to more deaths? THE INSURANCE COMPANIES!

My Step Neice has Cystic Fibrosis and according to your guidelines that is a pre existing condition which would mean she would get dropped for having her blood levels drop.
edit on 19-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


No, actually I work for a health benefits company, not Aetna or Nationwide. Sure, healthcare was broken, but this bill was NOT the fix that was needed. Some portions of it are good, but by and large most are not. The cost to business and your new taxes are what is bad. It would have been easy to pass legislation prohibiting the cases you mentioned without the rest of the bull. Mandating a business carry insurance on their employees is gonna cause tons to close. When the state I used to live in raised minimum wage over $1.00 per hour, I had to close my doors. I was barely making it as it was. Even if I had been able to stay open, this insurance cluster f**k would have done me in anyways. I'm glad I closed my doors so I don't have to deal with it. You think it's bad now, just wait until it goes into full force. Most of your local mom and pop shops are gonna lean down or close. BANK ON IT!



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


No, actually I work for a health benefits company, not Aetna or Nationwide. Sure, healthcare was broken, but this bill was NOT the fix that was needed. Some portions of it are good, but by and large most are not. The cost to business and your new taxes are what is bad. It would have been easy to pass legislation prohibiting the cases you mentioned without the rest of the bull. Mandating a business carry insurance on their employees is gonna cause tons to close. When the state I used to live in raised minimum wage over $1.00 per hour, I had to close my doors. I was barely making it as it was. Even if I had been able to stay open, this insurance cluster f**k would have done me in anyways. I'm glad I closed my doors so I don't have to deal with it. You think it's bad now, just wait until it goes into full force. Most of your local mom and pop shops are gonna lean down or close. BANK ON IT!


This is because you mantra was "Profits before people" and realized you couldn't gouge people or business anymore so that is why you shut shop.



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Again your ignorance is showing. I owned a pizza shop. I was cheaper than anyone around. I also paid more than minimum wage. My food costs skyrocketed when fuel went to $4 gallon. I could have raised prices and stayed in business, but I chose not to because I knew the new minimum wage law was coming. So you should actually know the facts before you make yourself look like a buffoon.



posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1
 


Again your ignorance is showing. I owned a pizza shop. I was cheaper than anyone around. I also paid more than minimum wage. My food costs skyrocketed when fuel went to $4 gallon. I could have raised prices and stayed in business, but I chose not to because I knew the new minimum wage law was coming. So you should actually know the facts before you make yourself look like a buffoon.


You closed up shop and lost confidence in your ability to be a successful pizza resturanteur. Your customers lost confidence in you. You should've hiked your slice prices to $1.75. You cut and ran on your community who relied on your delicious pies.



posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hilarious thread.

end the tax breaks for the rich you end the revenue for social programs.

so which way do you want to have it?



posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 





new topics
top topics
 
13
<< 8  9  10   >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum