It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey time on ATS, what is more imporant to you? Tax Breaks for the rich or Social Service Programs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Time to decide what is more imporant for everyone right here right now.

This is a continuation on the debt ceeling talks currently being conducted stateside whereas the GOP wants to keep tax breaks, cuts and corporate welfare for the rich going while the Dems want to keep Social Service programs going like Social Secuirty, Medicaid/Medicare, keeping civil service workers employed.

What is more imporant to everyone here, tax breaks for the rich or maintaining social services which has served as our nation's backbone for nearly 80 years now?

A - Continued tax breaks, cuts and corporate welfare for the rich?
B- Financing social service programs by eliminating tax breaks and corporate welfare?

Stay on topic please and any post that tries to continue the "Left-v-Right" paradigm going will be ignored.

edit on 15-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

This is a continuation on the debt ceeling talks currently being conducted stateside whereas the GOP wants to keep tax breaks, cuts and corporate welfare for the rich going while the Dems want to keep Social Service programs going like Social Secuirty, Medicaid/Medicare, keeping civil service workers employed.

What is more imporant to everyone here, tax breaks for the rich or maintaining social services which has served as our nation's backbone for nearly 80 years now?

B- Financing social service programs by eliminating tax breaks and corporate welfare?

Stay on topic please and any post that tries to continue the "Left-v-Right" paradigm going will be ignored.

I choose

C- Stop the big government from wasting money and work on the problem we currently have.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Answer rejected because you went off topic. Keep to the topic please.

link   
B.

One other note, make a flat income tax of 5%. No matter what your paying 5% to the government entity. For most of us thats a tax break! I have a feeling it would draw more income tho.

+11 more 
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

C. Bring ALL the troops home before august, and default on any obligations to the federal reserve, then abolish or strike it down altogether and return to a finite, resource backed currency

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Would have to go with the social service programs.

I understand their effect. But there's still plenty of poor people in this country. The rich can do with a little less, IMO. I doubt most of them will be heavily dented for their status.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Tax breaks for the rich are not important to me at all.
What was the second thing?

Just kidding...You will take SS and Medicare from my cold dead hands!
Probably likely anyway.

I get a kick out of people who claim these "RICH" people affected are our largest employers. Really? Who are they employing? We are all out of work now. Give them breaks if they employ people. Don't give them breaks because they just made a windfall and they want to keep it. Consumers get none of the savings rendered from a company that gets a tax break. That savings goes to profits. They will raise prices? They will raise them anyway. At least you did not sell off your granny to give the rich another break and end up still paying the higher prices anyway.
edit on 15-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
tax the rich, they have to much money and for what to make more money? enough is enough, pay your part.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No way man, I vote raise the taxes for the rich, and put it towards the programs. Enough of this taxing the poor, or working class. It is just a scam for the rich to steal money from those who actually worked to earn it.

Biggest scam in history, income taxes were originally intended for only the rich...and no one listened. I forget the quote exactly, but it went along the lines of that, the income tax was meant for the rich, but it was inevitable that the working class and poor would feel it too.

It was said best in these lyrics;

Tax the rich, feed the poor. Till there are no rich no more.

I'd love to change the world

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

C. Bring ALL the troops home before august, and default on any obligations to the federal reserve, then abolish or strike it down altogether and return to a finite, resource backed currency

The troops in the Iraqi Theatre should be home by the end of next year while the Afghan Theatre will end by 2015 and both are contingent that the situation on the ground warrants it.

The plan against The Federal Reserve is already in motion and do not expect to hear much until the 2013/14 trimeframe.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

B - Would be a human suffering like none other with over 55,000,000 American's with no income, no food, or shelter. These people require that money to simply EXIST.. B is more important, let the rich people and corps sinch their belts, as they currently pay no taxes (in the case of the top 10, BoA etc.). Major companies have posted HUGE profit gains over the last few quarters. They are hoarding the cash, and not hiring, so let them pay..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

BS! we can have both.

we need to keep what we got.

we can get enough money with a flat tax, 15% across the board for everyone and everything(corps)

VAT? naw,
we need to be independent! from everyone and everything, toys and oil come to mind.

except some great little Vietnamese restaurants.

tax corps and products that take jobs out of the country more.

we pay for energy big time, no doubt they profit tons of bucks, they invest also.

what does a worker in nigeria make compared to someone in the gulf? or OK?

enough of a diff to pay for the transport, i'd say.

anyway, it's all BS! we can have the best again. close loopholes, make things fair for everyone.

we can have flying cars, lol!

we can take care of all our citizens too.

eta, Nigeria
edit on 15-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

One or the other and not both, either one way or another, stay on topic please.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Tax the Rich and assist the poor.

It's not rocket science is it, time to put the Tyranny of Greed in its place.

And as for Obama's threat to stop the welfare payments pfffft i call bluff, three days without food will cause 30 million Americans to revolt more surely than any other reason, three days after stopping welfare and he would be an ex-President, Congress would ex-Congress...well you get the picture.

Money has become such an obsession with the wealthier types that it clouds their judgement in all things, we have got to recognize that they have addictive/obsessive psychologies and rather than cut their taxes we should be boosting their medication.

If the so called elite succeed in their plans to eradicate the poor so only the rich survive then our species will become a dark spirit bereft of Empathy, Sympathy and Compassion.

We have two choices, with the elites we have certain doom and the dissolution of mankind into commodities.
With the poor we have hope for the future, a restoration of the human family and a pursuit of higher goals.

The Rich can eat my shorts !

Cosmic...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

really? then you are running off a cliff dude.

people like you with these threads, black and white, are a waste of time and ink.

besides, who exactly are you to police an open forum on the net?

a little Napoleonic complex goin on maybe?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

really? then you are running off a cliff dude.

people like you with these threads, black and white, are a waste of time and ink.

besides, who exactly are you to police an open forum on the net?

a little Napoleonic complex goin on maybe?

I had specifically asked that all respondents do not push the "Left-v-Right" paradigm yet you and Skipper here used this to try and inject your will upon a good intention thread. It is either A or B as if there was a C I would've listed it but since I did not it is either A or B.

Remember, this website is a wholly owned, operated, controlled and financed entity of The Above Network, LLC Family Of Websites which means you are here on their site.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I vote for B .. not only are those people dependent, they cannot even go and work for temp services! ..
They likely would be out of rentals and out of food in very short order!!

The retired, in many instances are as bad off or worse off than the wage earners .. hand to mouth or close to it.

They put almost all the money given (and they worked for it, remember) back to the economy -- every darn month!
Do the rich do that with their tax breaks?

Those tax breaks were some strange shenanigans by a President who turned out to be more strange than anyone who has been in DC so far ... (His signing or not signing of bills .. for instance .. he had a way out of all of them! Ask his lawyer!!) ...

So what were they really for ... to try to insure a comfy place for him and those he ran with?

Default is not an option .. we owe too much, and our interest rates .. if they devalue our bonds ... will kill us off in short order ...

Take back the tax breaks of "dubious reasons" ..
Take away the subsidies for the top 5 oil companies ...
... and do a little more of that kind of clean up.

BTW .. if we bring all those troops home (granted they will then spend in the US) .. where are they going to work after they are discharged? .... big, big question ... or will they deploy them to some other place?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

if you are really wanting answers then, you can't create limits, A or B.

i judge this as a BS thread. no redeeming value or valid answers.

bb!! c ya!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

if you are really wanting answers then, you can't create limits, A or B.

i judge this as a BS thread. no redeeming value or valid answers.

bb!! c ya!

Do me a favour, do not post to this thread again as you clearly do not understand nor comprehend the purpose of this here thread. There is no third option, got it?

Just because you cannot shove your brand of politics down everyone's throat means you'd rather attack then be apart of the solution. Grow up and go away.

To everyone else who has selected either thank you very much and y'all are reiterating to me that sanity does still exist in this country of ours.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
it was the rich that benefitted the most to the real estate boom and bust, and alot of that debt was incurred bailing them out, protecting their ass......etts....
tax the rich, let granny have her social security check.....

of course, they need to build a new vault to store all those bronze presidential coins that they are minting at the rate of over a million a day, that no one wants.....
so, well, that's a million dollars a day, 30 million a month, add to that the savings of over $600,000 for the new vault, a million to transport the coins to the vault....
and hey, I might have found the money to keep social security going for awhile!!!
pay them with the unwanted millions that treasury has in presidential coins!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join