It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's statistics have changed on YouTube and Twitter (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If this belongs in the Political Madness Forum, then please move it there, but I thought I'd make it here since this is more "conspiracy" related than "politics" related.

There is a rumor going around that the statistics on Ron Paul's pages on YouTube and Facebook are being tampered with.

YouTube Account
Twitter Account

At the time of me posting this, the Ron Paul account linked has 2,927 subscribers (account "CongressmanRonPaul" has 17,198 subscribers and account RonPaul2008dotcom has 90,074 subscribers, for a comparison), and he has 12,641 Twitter followers. Also, they are saying that the views on various Ron Paul videos are being deliberately lowered. What I'm looking for is not the typical YouTube view count ranting but actual proof that these statistics are being tampered with. I'm a supporter of Ron Paul, but I do not avidly follow him every second of the day, so I am uncertain whether any of these have been altered. If you are one of those that believes they have, please provide evidence showing this.
edit on 7/15/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Fixed links

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah it would be great to find evidence if this really is happening. It wouldn't surprise me if true though, we've already seen this with CNN and other news outlets' projections. You can pretty much expect this from corporation or government owned media entities across the board but the great thing is that we, Ron Paul's supporters, know what the real numbers are. We don't need no stinkin' projections!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
He's not a big enough threat for anyone to even bother with tampering with anything. It's not like he's gonna get much of any vote.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is a neat little app.

screen-grab-pro.en.softonic.com...

You can get a screen shot of desk top and save it as a bit map or other grafix files

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Google archive and or other web archive site should have a record of older pages as well. This could show a change either being gradual or all of a sudden, as if by digital tampering... *cough* hacking *cough*....

That was what came to mind first for me any way.

Great topic by the way, I was a more ardent Ron Paul supporter before he dropped out like McCain did years ago. It was that lack of conviction that made me decide less interest and support for them was my next step.

Politicians are going to have to really, make action speak louder than words, for me from now on.

I give Ron his due though, I has stayed his own course through out his political career, only to go unheeded by the majority. Shame really, he is one of the few politicians that has had the peoples backs the whole time.

Honestly hate to see his time as being wasted and in vain, but for those who have heard and understood his council, we know he has done more than his fair share of making the path wide and clear.

Love him or hate him, he stayed his course for decades.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Once you are on board, the numbers become irrelevant. However, this may cause some concern due to the 'bandwagon' mentality of so many Americans when they have not made their decision.

I've been wanting to note down some statistics, I'll just post one set, for the record, and we'll see where it goes from there... Feel free to throw these into a spreadsheet, and update once a month.. Curious to see how things will trend.

This data was collected within 1 hour of this posting (it took a little work on my end)

Google (Names are in "quotes" when searching)
"Ron Paul" - About 29,000,000 results
"Michele Bachman" - About 22,800,000 results
"Mitt Romney" - About 18,100,000 results
"Newt Gingrich" About 13,300,000 results
"Herman Cain" - About 7,330,000 results
"Tim Pawlenty" - About 7,930,000 results
"Rick Santorum" - About 4,240,000 results

Candidate Website *Alexa Worldwide Ranking*
TimPawlenty.com - 9,198
RonPaul2012.com - 26,500
HermanCain.com - 68,577
MicheleBachmann.com - 76,884
MittRomney.com - 83,139
Newt.org - 171,409
RickSantorum.com - 437,638

Twitter Followers / Tweets --- Follow/Tweet Ratio
@NewtGingrich - 1,326,110 Followers / 2,625 Tweets -- 505 F/T Ratio
@MicheleBachmann - 61,650 Followers / 774 Tweets --- 79 F/T Ratio
@MittRomney - 59,258 Followers / 482 Tweets --- 122 F/T Ratio
@TheHermanCain - 48,727 Followers / 1,285 --- 37 F/T Ratio
@TimPawlenty - 44,134 Followers / 620 Tweets --- 71 F/T Ratio
@RonPaul - 12,641 Followers / 105 Tweets --- 120 F/T Ratio
@RickSantorum - 12,032 Followers / 847 Tweets --- 14 F/T Ratio

YouTube Video Search
"Ron Paul" About 178,000 results
"Mitt Romney" About 12,000 results
"Michele Bachmann" About 6,980 results
"Newt Gingrich" About 6,770 results
"Tim Pawlenty" About 3,190 results
"Herman Cain" About 2,530 results
"Rick Santorum" About 1,580 results

Note: I am not using candidate YouTube pages, since there are often various pages available.

Facebook Page Likes (Top 2 pages with over 5,000 likes, if available)
/MittRomney - 1,039,612 --- /MittRomneyCentral - 27,668
/TeamBachmann - 420,866 -- /RepMicheleBachmann - 251,055
/RonPaul - 418,282 --- /RonPaul2012 - 209,054
/THEHermanCain - 149,303
/NewtGingrich - 142,244
/TimPawlenty - 103,288
/RickSantorum - 23,465

Kind of surprised at a few numbers, but here they are.

Edit to add:

These are just the GOP's from the GOP CNN Debate. I know the field has changed, these just seem to be the most relevant. Should someone else need to be added, feel free to chime in with those numbers below.
edit on 7/15/2011 by BeyondPerception because: minor fixes

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I was watching political vids in general around Veterans Day and there was one particular one I watched a couple times. When I first watched it the view count was at 13,000+ views. A few days later I went back to watch it and was contemplating sharing it with friends (did not end up sharing it) and noticed it only had 9,000-something views. The title of the vid was 'Ron Paul's Emotional Speech' on YouTube. It know it was the same video, too, because it was the only one where the default image is Ben Bernake covering his left-eye.
Always found it kind of strange because a view counter is really simple code. I know personal accounts don't really mean much here, though.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexKintner

I'll take your word for it. However, it may not have been an isolated case.

But I do see possible trends in statistics manipulation, as we've already seen it done by the MSM.

People generally look at numbers before looking at principles, since it requires less time and effort, so this has an advantage.
edit on 7/15/2011 by BeyondPerception because: typo

top topics

join