It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crackdown escalates in east Syria, protesters killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Crackdown escalates in east Syria, protesters killed

www.reuters.com

Syrian forces shot dead two pro-democracy protesters on Thursday in eastern provincial capital Deir al-Zoran, residents said, as a crackdown escalated against dissent in the tribal region bordering Iraq's Sunni heartland.

Military intelligence agents also injured seven protesters who had gathered in the main square of the city on the Euphrates river to protest against President Bashar al-Assad whose family has ruled Syria with an iron fist since 1970.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So it looks like we're seeing Bahrain, Lybia and Egypt all rolled into one here, I find this particularly interesting:

The U.S. and French ambassadors visited Hama in a show of support last Friday. Three days later their embassies were attacked by Assad loyalists. No one was killed in the attacks which were condemned by the United Nations Security Council.

How long guys? How long?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

How long guys? How long?

I guess you dont know what manufactured revolutions are do you? whats happening in the middle east aren't real uprisings, but are manufactured uprisings benefiting Americas interests.

After all why would the war monger John McCain go to egypt if isnt to promote the falling capitalist system? by breaking the Logan's act.

They make a great couple dont they?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

By "how long", directly after the UN quote, I was referring to the wait for inevitable UN action and requesting that you provide your opinion on just how long it will take. I most certainly consider these middle eastern revolutions to be products of western manufacture, at least to some extent.

top topics

join