It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How weird is this gonna get for Pete's sake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This whole Rupert Murdoch thing is getting REALLY strange, why would anyone want to tap the phones of 911 victims families? What could possibly be gained by that? Then out of nowhere he folds the newspaper, literally!
Why? It just absolutely does not make any sense at all. Rupert is a rich guy and I'm quite certain he has many friends in high places so a frame up or smear campaign doesn't make any sense. Don't be surprised if some shocking new 911 evidence turns up when they "investigate" this mess, perhaps a smoking gun to point at one of our middle eastern neighbors or the Chinese. The whole thing stinks like last weeks garbage.
Also, what the hell was that crap in the Roger Clemens trial? Prosecutors asked a question the Judge had ruled they could not ask resulting in a mistrial. Are you kidding me? Three years of work, all that time and money just so they could throw in the towel before the first punch was thrown? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I walk outside tommorow and bigfoot is in my front yard riding a unicorn I won't even blink, it is now par for the course.
Drink up, it's almost over.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
If I walk outside tommorow and bigfoot is in my front yard riding a unicorn I won't even blink, it is now par for the course.

Excellent finish to a great post! Made me laugh

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
This whole Rupert Murdoch thing is getting REALLY strange, why would anyone want to tap the phones of 911 victims families? What could possibly be gained by that? Then out of nowhere he folds the newspaper, literally!
Why? It just absolutely does not make any sense at all. Rupert is a rich guy and I'm quite certain he has many friends in high places so a frame up or smear campaign doesn't make any sense. Don't be surprised if some shocking new 911 evidence turns up when they "investigate" this mess, perhaps a smoking gun to point at one of our middle eastern neighbors or the Chinese. The whole thing stinks like last weeks garbage.
Also, what the hell was that crap in the Roger Clemens trial? Prosecutors asked a question the Judge had ruled they could not ask resulting in a mistrial. Are you kidding me? Three years of work, all that time and money just so they could throw in the towel before the first punch was thrown? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of attention this is getting makes it seem as if something else might be going on. Maybe it is all red herring there is so much going on they don't want us to figure out. At this point all I wanna know is what flavor is the Kool Aid are they handing out, hope it's not the nasty green stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
it certainly does stink. I remember when a former fox news employee said prior to the iraq war a memo was sent out that he would get them (bush admin) thier iraq war. and I remember watching cable in my barracks all them years ago now, and thinking "wow, this channel is relentless with the invade iraq stuff, something is up.".

I also remember how in one fell swoop this guy bought out the vast majority of high profile e-news sites pertaining to a multitude of things with little to no vetting at all. hes proved that he has tons of clout with politicains, why hes folding so fast is telling to something. also telling is that he laid out a billionaire media blueprint of which mr. soros has jumped all over.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Why did you mention the Chinese? Was this just a random country that came to mind, or is there a reason for bringing China into the conspiracy around 9/11?

Just thought I would ask........

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Why did you mention the Chinese? Was this just a random country that came to mind, or is there a reason for bringing China into the conspiracy around 9/11?

Just thought I would ask........

Something tells me you already know the answer to that question, and no, it wasn't random.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What I'd love to know is, why did innocent people have to lose their jobs on a top selling newspaper just because of the actions of a few who hadn't worked there for at least 4 years? And why was the excuse made to kill off the News of the World because he wanted the bid to completely take over BSkyB when all he had to do was fire those responsible no matter how close he was and wash his hands of them while continuing the paper and the bid?

There's definitely something going on and I'm not sure what.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Makes sense , Murdoch has been in bed with the Reds for a while now , it pays well

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"How weird is this gonna get for Pete's sake?" Besides people losing their newpaper jobs, it's only July so the stage is ripe for people to remember September. For whatever reason, stickers and t-shirts of the September event are being sold in a fabrics store! I don't get it. It is truly weird. In the meantime, enjoy summertime and sunshine!
edit on 2011-7-14 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, with the ten year anniversary coming up, the time is ripe to revisit and reshape as we remember. If they want our ire pointed in another direction, they could very well link that new direction to 'discovered' 9/11 evidence. Buckle up, this ride might be going to get bumpy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I recall reading that the Newspaper was hacking into more than 911 victims phone accounts. They were checking into politicians and celebrities and so on. And I think that closing the newspaper is a strategic move to avoid further investigations.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That's the thing though, there wasn't much fuss from the public over celebs and politicians getting their phones hacked but as soon as the revelation a murder victim and her family are hacked into at the time of investigation then suddenly there's uproar and a newspaper closes as well as committees and public questioning of the police and newspaper editors active during the time like with the Iraq War Inquiry.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

why would anyone want to tap the phones of 911 victims families?

Some people are scumbags, that's why.

Three years of work, all that time and money just so they could throw in the towel before the first punch was thrown?

That's what you get for disobeying the judge.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Rupert is a rich guy and I'm quite certain he has many friends in high places so a frame up or smear campaign doesn't make any sense

Oh i dunno man, old man Murdochs made a lot of powerful enemies in the British parliament. It all pretty much started when Vince Cable, for whatever reason, decided to announce he was going to war with Rupert. Wether or not this is to do with trying to stop him gaining a total monopoly in Britain or its some private feud, who knows.

top topics

join