It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXPIONAGE: Why Gay Governor McGreevy really stepped Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There are two stories happening with regard to former New Jersey governor James McGreevy. Some are trying to spin this into a story of a gay man being outted by an affair. That's just the cover. I'm sure McGreevy would love for us to believe it and leave it at that.

The real story, however, has to do with his affair with Israeli citizen Golan Cipel. This guy, a former soldier in the IDF, was appointed to head New Jersey's Homeland Security apparatus. In short, the married governor and he had a tryst and the unqualified Cipel got one of the most important jobs in New Jersey - a state that was identified as one of the targets in the recent terror alert.

Forget about the fact McGreevy is gay, that's secondary. The primary story here is that he endangered state and national security by appointing a man who was unqualified for the post and possibly a spy for Mossad. Cipel also formerly worked in the Israeli consulate in New York. I think he targeted McGreevy for espionage purposes.

McGreevy is a classic example of why the US government is so strict about gay people serving in sensitive posts. Those who are 'in the closet' and behave outside the margins are HUGE targets for blackmail. So are adulterers, for that matter. It's frightening to imagine how much of our national security secrets have been turned over to our enemies because of the inappropriate private actions of our leaders/lawmakers.

It reminds me of the case of Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.

Here's a little info. putting Golan Cipel at the NY Consulate:

Today's Israel Line was prepared by Golan Cipel and Joshua
Mitnick at the Consulate General of Israel in New York.
www.la.utexas.edu...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ouch, thats a great scoop. Not to mention the fact that McGreevy was plagued by other scandals due to campaign financing fraud.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
the largest contributor to his election campaign is under indictment. He's been accused of blackmailing and bribing witnesses and jurors (hookers and video tapes apparently).

McGreevy's decision to out himself is an attempt to beat the harrassment suit to the punch. I would imagine he was threatened with a suit and didn't want to settle out of court and, when threatened with the announcement he opted to go public on his own. With all the bad press his administration was been getting, it was an easy way out (no pun intended).

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ECK, wow... we agree!

This has NOTHING to do with being gay.

He gave a job to a completly unqualified person. The governor is using the gay community as cover for his mistakes.

You better be careful ECK you COULD BE A CLOSET CONSERVATIVE!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

You better be careful ECK you COULD BE A CLOSET CONSERVATIVE!

I've always been a conservative Republican. Never voted for a Democrat in my life.

In the aftermath of 9-11, I've come to realise what a fraud this two-party paradigm is. For me now, it's about common sense. Screw party loyalty. That's gotten us nowhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Forget about the fact McGreevy is gay, that's secondary. The primary story here is that he endangered state and national security by appointing a man who was unqualified for the post and possibly a spy for Mossad. Cipel also formerly worked in the Israeli consulate in New York. I think he targeted McGreevy for espionage purposes.

As I read the articles about this whole deal yesterday, I kept thinking to myself, "man they are totally ignoring the fact that him being gay is not the only issue here". I can't beleive the media isn't adressing the spy/blackmail issue more. Well, I take that back. Unless the whitehouse puts that on the list of things to talk about, they won't address it.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this doesn't mean that sweet little monica was a spy also, does it?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
There are two stories happening with regard to former New Jersey governor James McGreevy. Some are trying to spin this into a story of a gay man being outted by an affair. That's just the cover. I'm sure McGreevy would love for us to believe it and leave it at that.

Whoa� uncharted territory here, I too agree with you ECK (not even a thought of an " ICK" reference), however the real problem remains; there is no "former" Governor McGreevy, he will be the sitting governor until November 15, 2004. Am I the only one who finds this unacceptable? This is not a Conservative Republican calling for the ouster of an elected Democrat, this is a concerned American calling for the removal of a governor who is unfit for office by any reasonable definition. The fact that he's �outed� himself is irrelevant (with the exception of the �Christian Right�, the rest of us could care less). We can only hope that bipartisan pressure is brought to bear, and his exit from office (and the possibility of any more compromises) can be swiftly (I really didn�t mean that
) promulgated.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The primary story here is that he endangered state and national security by appointing a man who was unqualified for the post and possibly a spy for Mossad. Cipel also formerly worked in the Israeli consulate in New York. I think he targeted McGreevy for espionage purposes.

I agree that there is alot more to this story. But, if he is Mossad - then why the sexual harassment suit? You'd think he would have left the country and not stuck around to try to gain financially.

Do we know if this guy actually got clearance to review "sensitive" documents? How far did he actually get in the process?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

In the aftermath of 9-11, I've come to realise what a fraud this two-party paradigm is. For me now, it's about common sense. Screw party loyalty. That's gotten us nowhere.

Man, you took the words right out of our mouth.

People have forgotten how to think for them selves. They seem to pick a side and just go with their views. Alot of times they don't honestly agree with certian views, but go along with it out of loyalty to the party. The parties should be loyal to the people. Not the other way around.

We need to demand more out of our leaders. We need to hold them accountable for their actions. Afterall, they are responsible for our safety, prosparity (sp?), and basicly every aspect of our governed lives. We don't get to choose our parents, but we do can choose our leaders ( You would think anyway). We really need to choose more wisely.

It's not about how they look, what movies they were in, how many war medals they have, how rich they are, their family name, what companies they own, or how famous they are. The jobs should be given to those that truely hold our BEST interests at heart. Not their own personal or financial issues.

I believe the media is responsible for this. They hype and shove these people down your throat till you know nothing else. The people dont pick the leaders, they let the media choose for them. It's a popularity contest.

Just look how the current canidates are acting now. They are name calling like little kids. They are nitpicking at the minor details while the bigger ones are being ignored. Both sides are accusing the others of lieing about certian things. Do we want this kind of behavior being part of the character of the person that is responsible for everything that matters to us as Americans?

When a man pays something in the range of $500 to $800 dollars for a haircut like some of our leaders and canidates do, doesn't that show you how wastefull and vain they really are? To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference either way.

Besides the wars we wage and the imposition we have in other parts of the world, this is a big part of why people dislike us. They judge us on the character of our leaders. I guess it's next to impossible to fix this problem mostly because of the diversity of this country and the difference in ideas and ideals.

The government needs some sort of reform IMO.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Very interesting post. Much of WWII espionage history was fraught with exploitation of closeted homosexuals. Both the 'secret relationship' nature of using a closeted homosexual as an asset and the personal connection associated with engaging in a sexual relationship with another person are very powerful tools in the espionage game.

Makes you wonder what sorts of information this Governor (who is privy to quite a lot of sensitive information) released during 'pillow talk.'

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

I agree that there is alot more to this story. But, if he is Mossad - then why the sexual harassment suit? You'd think he would have left the country and not stuck around to try to gain financially.

Do we know if this guy actually got clearance to review "sensitive" documents? How far did he actually get in the process?

McGreevey's lover (Golan Cipel) could not get a security clearance, if I'm correct. How he ever was allowed into that position of power is a mystery. Perhaps he was blackmailing the governor? I'd bet Cipel isn't even gay. Who knows. Irregardless, who cares if McGreevey is gay; what matters is that he jeapardized state and national security 'cos he couldn't keep his pecker in his pants. Heads should roll.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i just read the GOP is calling for the resignation immediately, which would put into motion an election. otherwise, if he stays on to november, the DEM's keep the governership.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The guy has caused a breach in security; forget about him being gay. That's just a smokescreen. It's the security/blackmailing/other issues that he's ducking. He needs to step down immediately. And they need to investigate this thoroughly.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All we hear from Bush and Cheney is that Al Qaeda wants to attack us! Here, at home! Behind you! Under your bed! If there's such a huge and imminent danger I want to know just how something of this magnitude can occur? It's abominable.
Talk about endangering national security!

From my favorite media bulldog:

Sex, Lies, and Terrorism
How did Golan Cipel become New Jersey's 'anti-terrorism' czar?
by Justin Raimondo
The self-"outing" of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and his involvement with Golan Cipel, described as a 30-something Israeli "poet," soon degenerated into one of those the-personal-is-the-political soap operas Americans seem to revel in. After hearing McGreevey's now famous "I am a gay American" speech, some gushed that this put him right up there with rising Democratic star Obama Barack. Gay rights groups were quick to hail McGreevey for spilling his guts to the nation. No sooner had the Gay Guv finished filling us in on the details of his trauma-laden childhood and the burden of a life lived in the "closet," when every cable news station booker was dialing Arianna Huffington's number. Her image flooded the airwaves, and, as she intoned knowledgeably and interminably about the travails of a wife who has been left for a man, it seemed somehow appropriate that Arianna is one of those women who might be plausibly mistaken for a drag queen. The amalgamation of "news" into entertainment never seemed more vivid. But as I half-listened to the former Gingrich groupie-turned-limousine-lefty bibble on in heavily-accented psycho-babble, she suddenly blurted out the truth:

"As the day progressed, it became clear that this was a story unfolding on so many levels only a Shakespearean drama or a Verdi opera could do justice to it. There was the personal, the political, possibly the legal, and who knows what else to be revealed by the time we get to Act Five."
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The cat's outta the bag. McGreevy's aZZ is in hot water. It's a case of SEXPIONAGE, plain and simple. The gay gov. got sucked into the age old sex ploy. He should face time in the big house for this abuse of his office.

The McGreevey scandal: An Israeli-Rove Connection?

Download a .pdf file for printing.
Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
Click here to download a free copy.

By Wayne Madsen
Online Journal Contributing Writer

August 16, 2004�Here we go again. Another political bombshell hits the American people and there is yet another connection to the subterranean labyrinth of possible Israeli intelligence activities. New Jersey Democratic Governor Jim McGreevey's announcement on August 12 that he was resigning because of his involvement in a gay relationship with an Israeli national may be the tip of an iceberg that represents another high-level Israeli attempt to burrow into the most sensitive areas of U.S. national security and our political process. The surprise announcement is also being used by a number of neoconservative news outlets to tarnish the Democratic Party and absolve Israel of any connection to the New Jersey political scandal.

The ties between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Russian-mafia infused government and shadowy Israeli and Eastern European ex-intelligence agents are beyond a doubt, according to international law enforcement officials. But what is not readily apparent is the fact that a number of Israeli off-the-books intelligence operatives are active inside the United States and they do not have U.S. national interests in mind.
www.onlinejournal.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
this doesn't mean that sweet little monica was a spy also, does it?

She might have been. God knows how much information she managed to suck out of Clinton's brain.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Who knows. I doubt it, though. If you wanna get into what ifs, Chandra Levy would have been the candidate of choice, as far as Mossad goes.

This should be a wake up call for all politicians. You play you pay. Using sex to trap people is the oldest trick in the book. I can't believe the vanity and hubris of these folks, thinking they can get away with this stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Golan Cipel has denied being gay and trying to blackmail McGreevey.
He told reporters that he wanted to prepare for a legal battle against the governor over alleged sexual harassment.

Golan Cipel in an interview with haaretz

Rebekka

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Golan Cipel has denied being gay and trying to blackmail McGreevey.
He told reporters that he wanted to prepare for a legal battle against the governor over alleged sexual harassment.

Golan Cipel in an interview with haaretz

Rebekka

Of course he said that. He's not gay. He's a prostitute for Israel's intelligence apparatus. Just because someone f**ks someone, doesn't make 'em gay. Cipel probably video taped and recorded himself doing McGreevy up the hershy highway. Watch and see if Cipel doesn't go back to Israel sooner than later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join