It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unmitigated Gall! Democrats to introduce Gun Control legislation tomorrow!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
According to townhall.com:

Democrat Representatives Maloney, Cummings and McCarthy, all members of the Minority on the House Oversight Committee chaired by Republican Congressman Issa, plan to hold a press conference tomorrow to announce new gun control anti-gun trafficking legislation in light of Operation Fast and Furious. The "Stop Gun Trafficking and Strengthen Law Enforcement Act," is designed to "keep high powered firearms out of the hands of dangerous criminals, including Mexican drug cartels."

U.S. Representatives Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY), Elijah E. Cummings (D-MD), ranking member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, and Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) will join other members and a leading law enforcement organization for an event Friday, July 15th, 11:00 a.m. at the House Triangle to introduce the “Stop Gun Trafficking and Strengthen Law Enforcement Act,” which establishes a dedicated firearms trafficking statute to empower law enforcement to keep high-powered firearms out of the hands of dangerous criminals, including Mexican drug cartels.

So let me get this straight, democrats want to punish law abiding Americans and impede on Second Amendment rights with new legislation "to prevent gun trafficking to Mexico," however, aren't willing to focus on the ATF and DOJ's role in deliberately putting high powered firearms into the hands of criminals including Mexican drug cartels? It doesn't matter how many gun control laws we have on the books if the federal government is willing to break them to push a political agenda, however, this is not surprising.

townhall.com...

This is what I posted on another forum concerning this topic:

I am shaking my head in disbelief! I don't know why; I've known for some time what these so-called "public servants" are really all about!
Yet, another side of me just cannot believe that they actually have the unmitigated gall to initiate GUN CONTROL (anti-gun---awwww, such a nice phrase)legislation...after it's come to the Nation's attention concerning the involvement of our government in Project Gunrunner/Operation Fast & Furious!

Is anyone else as outraged right now as I am?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Problem , Reaction, Solution.

Even when the Administration has been caught “red-handed” they still have plans to employee this tactic.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why is this being pushed so ridiculously hard?

The ATF wanted to institute it as a pilot program earlier this year and the White House said no.

The. earlier this week Obama sticks it in his executive order bundle and congress says no.

Now these dems are pushing it in a bill?

If they want to stop trafficking guns to cartels just tell the ATF to stop selling guns to cartels. lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I figured this would happen since the day I heard about Operation Fast and Furious. Pisses me off beyond belief... "Sorry citizens, but due to OUR mistake, we have to tighten gun laws".

It figures it's Democrats in support of this. It seems Democrats loooove to # all over the Constitution every single chance they get. If they had their way, I'm sure they'd be burning the Constitution during that press conference.
edit on 7/14/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How can you be outraged when you don't even know what they are going to propose in the legislation?

Kinda jumping the gun aren't you?

It will probably be meaningless stuff since Obama hasn't been to keen on going to battle over this topic. He's being pressured at the moment so has to do something. I'd expect it to be very minor like deeper background checks or something irrelevant like that.

It's just a political show.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

All they have to do is look at the big loser that was the Canadian Firearms Registry. Look at the cost. Did it do anything to stop crime? No. It is about people that haven't the foggiest notion of how to handle a situation trying to seem like they are doing something about the problem when really, they can't.

Canadian Firearms Registry

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There is absolutely no momentum for anything to do with gun control right now in the country. Far too many other things on people's minds and i'm sure this is probably the last thing Obama want's to deal with at the moment.

There is actually more of a trend of pro-gun in America right now. That governor trying to pass legislation to carry guns in bars, the Supreme Court decisions in 2010 that finally told states to uphold the second amendment, stuff like that.

I'd hardly worry at all about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yeah, Obama supposedly believes everyone has the individual right to bear arms.

Just because you have an individual right, does not mean the government can't constrain the exercise of that right. - Barack Obama

Yeah, a real Constitutional hero, that one is.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Zomg I havent read the bill but i just know theyre gonna take away our guns AAAAAAAH! You fearmonger much?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Does it really matter? EVERY gun law that is passed is a direct violation of our second amendment rights to bear arms.

How would you feel if they made a law that said "You still have the right to free speech, but before you talk we gotta run a background check to make sure you're allowed to speak freely"?

...and don't say "herrr durrr that's different Adyta!"

Because no, it isn't.
edit on 7/14/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I will be concerned when I hear what bill they plan on attaching this to if any. If this is just going to fly solo, it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of ever passing.
Lets wait and see what verbiage they choose before we get all up in arms over it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Zomg I havent read the bill but i just know theyre gonna take away our guns AAAAAAAH! You fearmonger much?

Nah, I think the OP is just smart enough to know where this is eventually headed. It's ALWAYS good to have a heads up when issues are on the board that are moving with great speed.

Maybe it's nothing tomorrow, or maybe it's kind of what they did with the Patriot Act stuff. Gotta watch these jerks. If it's nothing then no harm no foul.

You do know there's a strong contingent that really do wanna take away our guns dont'cha?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not about to jump on the "don't worry about it bandwagon." There are far too many things being done "under the radar," as Obama put it, to just not worry about it. For all we know deals could have been made in back rooms in trade for other legislation. For all we know this could be the go-ahead for a UN treaty with teeth.

Maybe not... probably not. But they still bear watching every minute of every day....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
According to townhall.com:

new gun control anti-gun trafficking legislation in light of Operation Fast and Furious.

Don't these idiots realize that it wasn't American citizens who were running Operation Fast and Furious??? It was our own government!!!! We don't need more gun legislation- we need responsible government!
I can't even take it anymore- we are on an express elevator to Hell.....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by kro32

Just because you have an individual right, does not mean the government can't constrain the exercise of that right. - Barack Obama

Per the Constitution he is exactly correct. If you don't like it that's something you'll have to take up with the people who wrote it.

And for the record the 2nd amendment doesn't say you have the right to bear any and all arms. It was purposefully written to be flexible in that regards depending on how the future Congress's wanted to set laws to it. The basic right is there but not the specifics.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They HAVE to push it right now before the real story comes out.

I suspect that only the tip of the iceburg has come out on Operation Fast and Furious.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

This wont effect anyone who isnt a smuggler.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
only affects smugglers?
(haha, thats the whole U$ government remeber the CIA coke plane last year
four tons of uncut coke headed for the US in a known CIA rendition plane...
crashed in mexico
ooooops)

just like the state departement run underwearbomber only affects underwear bombers..
and children
and little old ladies in diapers
and goodlooking women
and x governors
and presidential candidates like Ron Paul...
edit on 14-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by kro32

Per the Constitution he is exactly correct. If you don't like it that's something you'll have to take up with the people who wrote it.

And for the record the 2nd amendment doesn't say you have the right to bear any and all arms. It was purposefully written to be flexible in that regards depending on how the future Congress's wanted to set laws to it. The basic right is there but not the specifics.

"flexible"my furry red baboon butt:
It was written when the most common;most up to date arm of the day (the muzzle loading flintlock smoothbore musket or rifle)was the uber military weapon and the "assault rifle" of its day used by militaries around the then flat known world.

"bulllsh(ockey)"Shall not be infringed": you want to change it: itakes a constitutional convention and ratification by all the states

The Doctrine of the Three Percent.
The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we’ll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move.
And, as things begin to spin out of control, remember this:
"All politics in this country now is just dress rehearsal for civil war." -- Billy Beck, August 2009.
From MamaLiberty over at War on Guns:
"Here's an idea...If nobody wants a 'civil disturbance,' why in heck don't they quit disturbing us?"

Indeed.
edit on 14-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yes there are members of congress who would love nothing more than to take away peoples guns. They also don'y have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it done.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join