It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record numbers dying from heatstroke in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
From the report
The average temperature in Japan this summer is nearly 4 degrees Celsius higher than usual, with some centres sweltering in near 40C heat.

They are saying the increase in cases is caused by people being urged to save power and turning their air con down or off.
But what of the 4 degree increase in average summer temperatures,That is a large increase in any terms
obviously nothing to do with the massive radiation cloud from FU .
Nothing suspect here ,move along
ETA They say they are having to conserve power,Are you trying to tell me that if ONE friggen Nuclear power plant goes down in a country that has about 200 ,they are struggling to supply power.Yeah ,thats a good one.
edit on 14-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
40C = 104F for us Americans.

Yeah, climate change is a myth.

edit on 7/14/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's true, summer conditions in the shelters housing the Fukushima disaster refugees are positively medieval. As usual, the very old and the very young have the hardest time.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Heat waves happen every year all over the world.

www.reuters.com...

You don't have to tie everything into the nuclear disaster.

www.businessweek.com...

That second link is for a 2010 heatwave in Japan. They have em almost every year.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
ETA They say they are having to conserve power,Are you trying to tell me that if ONE friggen Nuclear power plant goes down in a country that has about 200 ,they are struggling to supply power.
Wjere did you get "ONE friggen Nuclear power plant"? There were 6 at Fukushima Daiichi . Four of them, #1-4 were involved in the disaster.

I'm not sure of the status of 5 and 6 but they were already offline at the time of the disaster. I'd be surprised if they are operating 5 and 6 just because of all the contamination in the disaster area, I expected them to stay shut down.

And I'm pretty sure Japan has less than 60 operational nuclear reactors so 6 down would be more than 10% of their nuclear capacity. That's a sizeable chunk.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why are you sure it's not HAARP causing the heat? They caused the earthquake didn't they so that makes more sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on 7/14/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It works out to be only 3% of the countries total power output .It doesnt matter this is not about that
4 degrees C is a big increase in average temp,I would think that a steaming pile would be cranking out some localized heat adding to that radiant heat

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here in the US MidWest (somewhere Out There by Ioway....) I was watching my Weather Channel, with an orange warning crawl along the bottom, showing that the -entire- next week starting, Sat./Sun. is going to be unrelenting dangerous heat and humidity night and day, and so I have been out and about all day stocking up on human and pet groceries and stuff, to hole-up, and I hope and pray the power doesn't overload from all the ACs. I just HATE this s**t.

new topics

top topics

join