It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hate America?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Except that it's pretty obvious (even if they can't express the fact) that if Iraq didn't sit on or near oil, we wouldn't be invading that country right now...

I'm not sure it's just because these protestors don't know what's going on, they probably know enough to realise that the US govt is lying to them, and that's a pretty sobering thought for a lot of people. Once you've got there it's pretty easy to start listening to people who are saying this war isn't just and are providing good arguments to back up that case.

To be honest, I'm amazed that many US citizens are against the war. Where do they find out the anti-war information with such a lying govt, and manipulative media?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Many media organizations have been accused of being against the war. Fox not being among them.

I'm not saying the pro-war people are right, but I'm definatly not saying the anti-war people are right. I think it is all a distraction, from what I don't know. Maybe to bolster our economy.(we do tend to go to war durring most every reccession)

But the idea that sticks in my mind is the NWO. The world will be in turmoil, and somone will establish a NWO. (I think most of the nations are in on it, whether their leaders know or not)

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think antiamerican feelings comes from the fact that the United States behaves like a bully, coercing foreign nations into trading with them, disrespecting the very laws and values they proclaim to uphold etc...

This isnt the fault of the american people, since they are to a largely excluded from the governing process. Industrial and financial lobbies dictate the Agenda, and one could argue that the united states aren't really democratic. It suffices to "buy" or manipulate a president, get him to go to war with some defenceless country, and bham, you have a nation enforcing the agenda. Dissension is being repressed, and nobody of rank or position inside the political class can afford to disagree. It is a systematic problem of the american political institutions. The President is far too allmighty, as we can plainly see today : The world is on the brink to WW3 just because someone doesnt know the good manners called civilization and diplomacy.

dom

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I really don't think it'll be anything to do with the conspiracy-theory type of NWO.

I think this can all be put down to the US trying to establish an NWO with them at the top. That perfectly explains all of the US actions as long as we assume that the US government is made up of lying nasty people. Which I find to be a reasonable proposition...

The biggest question is why Blair is helping.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I believe it goes beyond the US. The US is just a puppet, same as everyone else, though they are more powerful, thus a bigger influence.

Nay, Blair is in on it too. So are the leaders of France, Germany, Russia, North Korea, China, and Iraq.(yes! Iraq too!) Bin Laden is probably deep in the conspiracy.

This goes beyond anything political. The democrat/republican parties are just puppets. They are just there to cause more unrest.

We need to look past our political beliefs, so we can discover this NWO and its purpose. Or do you want your country to change, your freedoms to be taken away?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Even if there is anything planned like the NWO ... The answer how to react to it stays the same : Power to the People !

The civil society kept the European countries, africa and south america from joining into the american expedition, and ultimately forced the US governement to back off its moral claims. Without democracy, all nations would have joined in to get their piece of cake from the juicy reconstruction and defence contracts.

The United States need a democratic restructuring on all levels of political life, including the media.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
100% agreed there!

Especially with our education system. I think it needs to be a bit more strict. Children need to be taught respect from an early age, and learn to accept others. (no matter what)

Once this is done, the rest of society will fall in with them. There will be less, not none, but less racial tensions. Religion would be accepted. Crime would decrease. People wouldn't have as many problems. Life would be better all-around.

If we keep on the same track that we are on now, we're doomed to fall, like Rome fell before our time.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is hillarious.

It's all a question of this:

Is the mainstream media lying to us? And everything that says otherwise is "The Truth".

Or is "The Truth" really just retarded, and the Mainstream media is not far from the real truth.

You buy into a load of crap period, go read a book, turn off the tv.

This war is just. America has only saved the world ONCE before. Now we try to save ourselves and help a few along the way and the bastards we had to put down the last time, won't shut up.

Who are you going to listen to?

Former Nazis and their Lap Dogs...or the USA?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't want to live in this Country ( or what you call the Land of freedom, or the democracy ), Even If I'm in a deep need to you Green Card even if I won the lottery , I don't even want your passport .
I don't want to be like other stupid Refugee tax payers, work hard and benefit the Zionist American Non- democratic government
I don’t want to pay taxes from my sweated forehead to support this government to kill our people and support the Zionist state of Israel (The occupied land of Palestine)
After all those blood shed I have seen in TV from Lebanon & Palestine every day, I know Israel needs more Weapons of mass destructions to kill more Muslims , So its really a good idea to give free green cards for Muslims & Arabs to work in your country so that your can pay taxes for the Israel government .

I hate America from deep of My Heart 1000 time more then before, I hate America more the Israel. I used to like you American but not anymore, I hate a country that give the green Light for killing Children , Not the green Cards for living a respectful life . I hate American because they are stupid & the don’t know the value of human life. America was created for the existing of Israel, Shame to you American; you should know that you are the most hated country in the entire World, and its growing everyday, and for every life we lose, & ancient child soul we lost in Lebanon, Iraq, & Palestine.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
every one says that the american goverment is responsialbe for all the crimes that have been committed in the Middle East by supporting Isreal to kill anicent childrens , but who voted for this goverment and the members of he congrees the American people , & all the polls shows us that the American people support the wars in Iraq , Afgahnista, Palestain, & Lebanon . So they gave MR.Bush the green light to support Isreal & they are really happy to pay from thier money and donate for them .
So I blame the American , not thier goverment

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
What did America do wrong? Why is there so much global hatred against America?

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by 10DeadInside10]

When you have a chance read the journals on American Foreign Policy
AFP

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok why does America hatred across the world bother me. Since I am 49 years old and still can remember the days of hiding under my desk at school to protect us from a nuclear strike and the day the school stopped because our president got murdered , I have been noticing trends of not just our country but of others. It seems to me that the world is jealous of our freedom. With freedom that we have comes a responsibility that seems by what the rest of the world wants us to do. When there is a problem in the world with earth changes, upheavals in governments, and wrongs deemed by the world , we as Americans stepped up to the plate , so to speak , because we Americans act for you the people of the world to help. When something goes wrong with the plan you the world has made for us we Americans wonder why we get blamed. Sure we all know nobody is ever going to feel the same about anything, religion ,politics, and even coffee. We do the bidding of what the world wanted us to do. We take the flax , as you know we can. When our country , America , seems to over step is bounds , it is our checks and balances that get it back to what it supposed to be. Sure at the moment it looks like Muslim fanatical are the ones who hide behind all those innocent children and adults. These are my observations as I look at what is happening. If it’s not, then I as an American feel ashamed and sickened. But like I said, our country does the dirty work for the world. If not us then who would help when help is needed. I say, step up to the plate and make your contributions or just shut up. I for one do not see anyone country, other than ours that see a problem with our young people getting killed on a daily basis for freedom. Do you know what the Muslim frantic want, they want the whole world. They want to over take Europe, Africa, Asia, Russia, and everyone and convert them to there own religion or kill them if the do not want to. And since I have observed this from my youth till now I have a good understanding that you the people of the world do not want to be told what you want to worship. Freedom is why the world hates us. We as Americans love our freedoms. And do find the laws that affect them, as to the war on terror, difficult and know that if we did not have these laws to protect us, that we would not be able to protect you the world. And like I have stated, know one person completely agrees with another on any given subject or idea. Where else do you find people from all the world gathered into one nation having the freedoms that are needed to help you the nation that they are from. I believe if you study and really look at the actions we have taken in the world then you would realize it’s a collective mind set from the world. If this being the case, then its you who hates you. This is why there is hatred against our country America. Freedom.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
america isn't something to be hated
it's a great country founded on great ideas

the people in power have made some horrible foreign policy decisions, and they have pissed off a lot of people, especially the whole WMD dealy.

it's like the great guy that decides to grope a few girls at a party, you respect him for who he is, but you think he's a jerk

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, foriegn policy might come to mind... Why do they hate us? People, believe it or not, for most of them, it is not because they are jealous. It has nothing to do with how we have democracy and they dont, and therefore, they want to kill us. Many of them want an islamic-based republic.

In my opinion, the biggest reason they "hate us" is because of our support for israel. No matter what way the media trys to spin it, israel is not a nice country. They are not simply victims of crazy palestinians, regardless of what the media trys to make it out to be. Israel has been illegally occupying and colonizing palestinian land for decades. That land belongs to the palestinians, not the israelis, and it is a war crime to settle areas that are not yours during a time of conflict.

Basically, the generalization has come that israel represents the west. "The west" is constantly attacking the "arab islamists." They divide up their land, and make what should be short trips to different areas take hours. The palestinians ("arab islamists") must always carry papers through the checkpoints that are in place. So, in effect, you have israel ("the west") illegally occupying palestinian ("arab islamists") land. Obviously, the palestinians are not to happy about this. They hate it, and see no way out.

And then... they hear that israel would not have the power it does if it were not for america. Lets face it, israel probably would have been wiped off the map years ago if it had not recieved aid from america. THIS (imo) is why the palestinians (and all of their sympathizers from around the world) do not like america. America has constantly supported israel, and in the process, has given israel the power to do whatever it sees fit.

Clearly, the overgeneralizations ("jew" "islamist" "the west" etc...) exist. That is not to say they are right. However, it provides a common rallying point from which dissenters can come together to express their disapproval. And i personally dont think most arabs REALLY think in generalizations; rather, they just provide them with a group they can identify with.

So in short, they dont like america because it is israel's greatest supporter. And, as previously stated, israel isn't exactly nice to its palestinian neighbors. It is a simple fact that America is the fuel behind Israel's power. "Arabs" see this, and come to the logical conclusion that america aint cool, and needs to be stopped.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
What did America do wrong? Why is there so much global hatred against America?

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by 10DeadInside10]

Most of the world dont hate American people at all. It is the US Government
treason what is hated.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why ?
You should know why !
US /Israel THE most hated people on the Planet

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As a European I would like to propose a slightly alternative argument concerning our attitude towards America and Americans. Mush like the "love the troops hate the war" platitude, Believe Europe is heavily anti-american foreign policy and americans. But, as this is an indefensible attitude, we suplement it with overt statements of support for its people. Its a little like saying We hate hitler but support the Germans when, during the second world war, we hated the Germans as well, but clung to the belief that the entire nation was in the grip of a couple of bad eggs. With hindsight we can see the flaws in believing a nations foreign policy is demonstrative of the people of that nation, but during a time of war ( such as this one ) we actually hate them too.

I believe this is mainly due to how European media has informed our understanding of the US.

We see three highly vocal attitudes coming from the US.

The first is the government. Most people in Europe believe this is a pointless war that we are being dragged into for the good of the US rather than the world as a whole.

So we hate the government.

The second is the media. We percieve American media as our poor cousin. We don't consider it factual, independant, impartial or informed. We consider it to be a dumbed down version of world affairs sponsered by corporations, government agency's and other pressure groups. Liberal or conservative we don't care. No one in Europe takes US media seriously and because of this we consider the people of America to be ill informed.

Lastly we have the vocal populace. You fall into two groups. Republicans, the far right christian loud mouthed gun toating idiots who love explosions and liberals, the sanctemoinious, uninformed, hippie tree hugging morons who've read one too many self help books.

Both these grtoups are considered too stupid to know whats going on and are generally a source of a lot of European humour with a roughly fifty/fifty split.

We're sure that there must be a small minority of sane normal americans but as we rarely hear from them, we conclude that they are just that. A small minority.

Of course all three of these statements are false. They are huge broad judgements on millions of people, but we are as capable of being swayed by the presentation of a country as any other people. And currently America, and americans are seen as a bunch of dumb war mongering idiots ruled by a great big dumb war mongering idiot.

Of course we'd never say that to your face, oh no, we understand that the common american isn't to blame. Just don't be surprised if the next European to say that doesn't start s'n-word'ing at you when your backs turned.

We hate Americans just as much as we hate its foreign policy, it's simply that one is easy to justify, the other is our dirty little secret.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom
To be honest, I'm amazed that many US citizens are against the war. Where do they find out the anti-war information with such a lying govt, and manipulative media?

You don't need a lot of inside information, or to be in the know, to be against war. War is bad. War kills people, wastes money, destroys resources, and pisses off the world. Without a really, really good justification for it, people are against war by default. That's because they're not completely stupid.

The real question to be asked is why a majority of the American people, a couple of years ago, were FOR the war. And I believe the answer, is that for a year or two after 9/11, Americans by and large were so angry, frightened, and confused, that they were incapable of being rational, and accepted justifications for the war in Iraq that they normally would not, and no longer do.

Originally posted by Joehayner
But the idea that sticks in my mind is the NWO. The world will be in turmoil, and somone will establish a NWO. (I think most of the nations are in on it, whether their leaders know or not)

Yoiks.

I think it's time to explain, once more, the difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy fantasy. A conspiracy theory posits a conspiracy that falls within the realm of the humanly possible, or even likely. Conspiracies that actually work (and they do exist), have only a few members, all of whom know each other well, and are strongly interested in making the conspiracy's efforts bear fruit, as well as in keeping the secret. The more members a conspiracy has, the more likely that someone will spill the beans, turn traitor, and bring down the wrath of whoever on all their heads.

A conspiracy consisting of "most of the nations" is just nonsense. This is not humanly possible, and therefore cannot be true.

Another reality check is in order about something else people believe that makes no sense: that people hate America because they are "jealous of our freedom" or of our wealth (which is actually more likely).

People have been jealous of America since the nation's founding. But as a rule, that jealousy did not lead them to hate us, or to throw bombs in our general direction, let alone jet airplanes. Instead, it led them to want to live here, and many did.

If you want to understand why people want to hurt us, don't look at jealousy or envy. Look for what we as a nation have done, that gives people cause to be angry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join