It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shall we be more sensitive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The flip flopping Mr. Kerry has himself in a fix. It seems his party hates Bush, hates the war, yet Mr. Kerry must convince the american public he is a tough military man, fit to be commander in chief.

Dick Cheney quotes from this, believe it or not, CNN article

cgi.cnn.com...

"America has been in too many wars for any of our wishes, but not a one of them was won by being sensitive," "A sensitive war will not destroy the evil men who killed 3,000 Americans and who seek the chemical, nuclear and biological weapons to kill hundreds of thousands more. The men who beheaded Daniel Pearl and Paul Johnson will not be impressed by our sensitivity."

And read this article, which more closely quotes Mr. Cheney

news.findlaw.com...

"President Lincoln and General Grant didn't wage sensitive wars. Nor did President Roosevelt or Generals Eisenhower and MacArthur"

And is Mr. Kerry not the Flip Flopper supreme?

www.drudgereport.com...

What is Mr. Kerry to do? Cambodia in Christmas, now in January?

and last but not least, a letter from Kerry to Bin Laden

www.strangecosmos.com...

[edit on 13-8-2004 by smokenmirrors]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is an article in "Aviation Week and Space Technology."

"Nice weapons for the Next War!"

The PILLOW GUN

The Atomic Wedgey.

The Baby Powder Nerve gas.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The flip flopping Mr. Kerry has himself in a fix. It seems his party hates Bush, hates the war, yet Mr. Kerry must convince the american public he is a tough military man, fit to be commander in chief.

Dick Cheney quotes from this, believe it or not, CNN article

cgi.cnn.com...

"America has been in too many wars for any of our wishes, but not a one of them was won by being sensitive," "A sensitive war will not destroy the evil men who killed 3,000 Americans and who seek the chemical, nuclear and biological weapons to kill hundreds of thousands more. The men who beheaded Daniel Pearl and Paul Johnson will not be impressed by our sensitivity."

And read this article, which more closely quotes Mr. Cheney

news.findlaw.com...

"President Lincoln and General Grant didn't wage sensitive wars. Nor did President Roosevelt or Generals Eisenhower and MacArthur"

And is Mr. Kerry not the Flip Flopper supreme?

www.drudgereport.com...

What is Mr. Kerry to do? Cambodia in Christmas, now in January?

and last but not least, a letter from Kerry to Bin Laden

www.strangecosmos.com...

[edit on 13-8-2004 by smokenmirrors]

Sad thing is, "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" covered this last night. Whats even more sad is how they showed Cheney's speech mocking Kerry's attempt to fight terrorism with "sensitivity" to be completely out of context. They ran the clip of Kerry's speech where he used the word "sensitivite", along with a dozen other pertinent words that Cheney conveniently left out. It was great. Cheney never looked more like an ass!

Even better, they showed a clip of a recent Bush speech to a black coalition group, where he said that we needed to be very "sensitivite" in our dealings in the war. It was beautiful! I love the Daily Show. They are the best at catching people in their double talk!

[edit on 13-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Sad thing is, "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" covered this last night. Whats even more sad is how they showed Cheney's speech mocking Kerry's attempt to fight terrorism with "sensitivity" to be completely out of context. They ran the clip of Kerry's speech where he used the word "sensitivite", along with a dozen other pertinent words that Cheney conveniently left out. It was great. Cheney never looked more like an ass!

Even better, they showed a clip of a recent Bush speech to a black coalition group, where he said that we needed to be very "sensitivite" in our dealings in the war. It was beautiful! I love the Daily Show. They are the best at catching people in their double talk!

Gotta love the Daily Show!

I watched it last night and it was priceless how they pulled up that footage of Bush.

Another good one was when he caught Cheney in a lie about Atta.
The classic 'your pants are on fire' line.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How stupid is it for them to get in a pissing match over the word sensitive. There are more important issues people...shees.

Anyway, Bush wants to be more sensitive too!!!

The Kerry campaign Thursday said that the senator's comment was being "taken out of context" and the "meaning twisted" by the Bush/Cheney campaign. (Kerry wraps up coast-to-coast tour)

Kerry spokesman Phil Singer told CNN the Democratic candidate was referring to cooperation with allies. President Bush himself, Singer said, used the word "sensitive" in a similar context in March 2001, when he said the United States should be "sensitive about expressing our power and influence."

cgi.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
How stupid is it for them to get in a pissing match over the word sensitive. There are more important issues people...shees.

Anyway, Bush wants to be more sensitive too!!!

The Kerry campaign Thursday said that the senator's comment was being "taken out of context" and the "meaning twisted" by the Bush/Cheney campaign. (Kerry wraps up coast-to-coast tour)

Kerry spokesman Phil Singer told CNN the Democratic candidate was referring to cooperation with allies. President Bush himself, Singer said, used the word "sensitive" in a similar context in March 2001, when he said the United States should be "sensitive about expressing our power and influence."

cgi.cnn.com...

Uh...ya...what I just said 2 posts ago

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yeah, saw that as soon as I posted....you must have posted it as I was typing.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
yeah, saw that as soon as I posted....you must have posted it as I was typing.

I figured...I do it all the time too!
I sometimes think that some posters here can create a post without typing. Just think it and it's there. There some fast typers round thse parts

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Come on what a load of rhetoric (oldspeak for bull).

The hawks in the pentagon are right now planning the nex big firework show on some poor little third world country. The US is at war EVERY 5 YEARS (plus minus). And recently it has been alternating between one fro us (when they go it alone with some NATO buddies) or one for them when they go in under the guise on the UN.

Really make a time line and you will see a pattern forming.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What Kerry meant by that statement was that we must be more sensitive with regards to our allies. He didn't mean the terrorists. And he is right, we need all the help we can get and the Bush administration has little regard for the rest of the world, except the militants, seems to me the Bush administration is fighting somewhat sensitively when they wait in Najaf around that mosque for Al Sadr's men to come out. If they were as unwavering in their war as Cheney claims, they would flatten it. So which is it Cheney? Are you ruthless, terrorist killing machines, or just blowing partisan smoke?

top topics

join