It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security Bomb, Must Read!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Cut SOCIAL SECURITY. Obama and the democrats will find out the power of AARP the next election.

If Obama went to AARP and told them he would pin it all on the GOP in the House of Representatives then the AARP would go along with it. The AARP is as corrupt as Obama.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hqokc
You are correct. It's my understanding that for years, the taxes collected for Social Security have been raided like a slushfund. We'd have plenty of money for the baby boomers that are coming up if the goverment hadn't stuck their hand in the cookie jar all these years, but they did, so we don't.
And BTW, both parties are to blame, they've both done it.

I agree with most of what you said. Both parties are to blame for raiding the Soc. Security coffers.

However the Boomers didn't put enough into the Social Security and Medicare system to cover what they are going to get out of it. Same thing happened with the original generation of Social Security and Medicare recipients. They lived far longer than anticipated, paid in some but not enough to cover all they got out of those programs. Luckily they had the Boomer Medicare and Social Security taxes to cover that, with such a larger Boomer workforce than the Seniors.

Nowadays the workforce numbers won't cover up the shortfall that is going to happen with the Boomers hit full force on Medicare and Social Security.

It sure didn't help that the Politicians raided those programs to cover other expenses.
edit on 15-7-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but...why is everyone surprised? Does anyone believe that taxes, specified on a particular product or service actually have anything to do with that product or service? Take a look at the tax on cigarettes (as one simple example). In Pennsylvania, a carton of cigarettes is taxed at $13.50 (and a carton can cost $50). A significant portion of that tax goes to insuring, uninsured children. Granted...a worthy use of taxes...but the lie is that cigarettes are taxed BECAUSE smoking tobacco costs the state/government money. Every tax is simply dumped into the mix and they can use that money for anything they want.

A refreshing, revamping of the system would be to tax products/services that do cost the state/government/people money, but only enough to cover the cost. But then, the tax labeled WASTEFUL GOVERNMENT SPENDING would be such a shock, that a revolution would occur quite quickly.

Again...quite simply...they are all liars, and we are the fools. And THAT should piss you off!!!

PS: Back on the cigarette example...if a PA resident were to grow tobacco and roll a carton of cigarettes for personal use...legally...they are required to pay the same $13.50 tax. Not that it would be easy to enforce...but that is the way the law is written.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

There is a such thing as "opting" out, If you are a minister or work for the Railroad. Probably a few other ways too.

If this has already been said, forgive me for repeating, It's late & I only read page one of the post.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Sorry I get so off topic. I'm not suprised that Social Security does not have its own fund. Because doing that, would actually make sense. How else can you lose 2 trillion dollars and say, whoops!

It wasn't 2 trillion that they lost. Actually, our debt WAS $2 trillion before Obama, and now it is probably $15 trillion, since they "lost" $13 trillion.

In the following video a senator is asking questions to the inspector general of the Feds about where $9 trllion dollars have gone, which dissapeared within 8 months, as well as other monies of about $2trillion which was added to the portfolio of the Feds, but the inspector general of the Feds admits, without saying in specific of course, that NO ONE is supervising what the Feds is doing with our monies...

In this one Greenspan admits the Feds is above the law and it answers to no one... The part where he admits this is at about 7:46 in the video.

Here is a good video of several interviews done to senators and other people who have studied the Feds and know what it is about and that it is privately owned.

The following video is from 2007 where Ron Paul was advising against what the Feds where doing and that it would cause inflation and devaluation of the dollar.

edit on 16-7-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: wrong link.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well if this happens I would like to be part of a revolution. Because there are going to be many people that arent going to be able to pay theyre mortgages and rent. We need to rise above, mass up somewhere and take our stuff. lets all stop paying our taxes!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

haha oh OBAMA 'not enough in the coffers' LOL whens the last time america opened that prob when they closed it in favor of the PRINTING PRESS. You dont need money in tha coffers mister president. just hit print. that is if the USD has any worth by august 3...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Even when you get your Social Security, some still pay taxes on it!!! Like me and my husband.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I have worked for over 40 years. I earned my social security, and guess what?, I still pay taxes on the social security.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im am just so sick and tired of being lied too. you cant trust anything the goverment says anymore. the only thing you can trust is yourself and your own research.

You know what I get sick of hearing. That is't NOT OBAMA's FAULT, Bush left him with all of this mess and Obama is just having a hard time. I think that was all a part of the plan. Let a white guy destroy the nation then when FINALLY, we get a black guy in officve (who is charasmatic at that), he can do no wrong. Everyone will continue to blame the evil white guy for everything......and Obama now has a free "blank check" to do whatever the hell he wants to our country and get away with it...because everyone will naturally blame BUSH. The fact remains, Obama reestablished the Patriot Act, lied and still lies about everything he claims he will do FOR the country...and then does the opposite. Lied about the troops being brought home...sends thousands over there....brigs a small fraction back and the news speaks of only the ones he brought back. He wrote an executive order to keep prisoners detain in Guantanamo for "LIFE"......even if they were found innocent by a court of law. There are many, many more references to tyrannical things he has done, that he has bypassed congress on. People need to stop watching that controlled news box called the TV and look some of this stuff up online and do the research themselves and they will realize that Obama is just as big a monster as Bush....he's just quiet about it ...and the American people are actually HELPING him to do what he does by NOT doing research and blindly believing in a big lie. The American people are "enablers", by covering up for this guy and making excuses for him simply because he's black and they don't want him to fail. WHO CARES WHAT COLOR HE IS..THAT'S RACIST IN AND OF ITSELF! Get past the black thing and look at what he is doing to our country, this will affect blacks as well as whites.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
9i finally ran across a article which states the facts....

and the fact is that Social Security and Medicare absolutely are not in need of being cut or reduced...

see: market-ticker.org...

(found the link on the steve quayle site)

note that all these talks of implementing 'Austerity' aspects in detemining NEW eligibility and ammount of awards
is Stealing from the righteous workers....

.... the "Intragovernmental Holdings" is the amount that the Social Security and Medicare trust funds are "owed" by the general fund.

The Treasury can redeem those by selling new bonds into the market in a 1:1 ratio and if they do so they now have dollars in an exactly equal amount.

That's $4.6 trillion dollars.

Note that Social Security even with several million out-of-work taxpayers not contributing into the SSA pool of funds ...still has an accumulated $4.6 Trillion dollars in it...

How much is Social Security and Medicare every year? That's easy - we can look at the Trustee report, which says that in 2010 the total expenditures were $1.235 trillion.

Note that these funds also receive tax monies and in 2010 they took in $1.267 trillion.

Wait a second...... they took in more than they spent? Indeed, which means that the only reason the Treasury has a problem in the present tense is that they have been stealing the tax revenues and replacing them with yet more IOUs.

So, even with a giant group of unemployed who are (temporarily) not paying into the system
(the 17 week average of the past is now up to 49 weeks average during this banker/financier created downturn)

the present status quo reveals that the system is still solvent and reaping a profit...
profits that are being siphoned off by politicians (under lobbyst pressure) into self serving projects and misc expendentures to feather their retirement nest eggs and after term employment opportunities and speaker fees

all the slick cons in our government are seriously skewing the data, news, facts to create the Entitlement Bandit as the culprit for the 'debt' crisis...

its not social security/medicare... its the miliraty engagement and the continuous conflicts (undeclared Wars) that are the Demons that need exorcised....and the blood bankers that lobby for more weapons &^ systems of conflict=for=profits....

this whole meme of cutting social programs and SSA & medicare are misinformation...distractions...disinformation...deflecting focus... prepping the masses for a lower standard of living but still there to serve the elite masters

edit on 16-7-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I would like everyone to know the truth!

With Obama quoting: "I can not guarantee those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it." It got me thinking, Mr. Obama. I thought Social Security was in a lock box in its own fund? Why would Social Security be in the General "coffers" of the Federal Government and be threatened to not be handed out if we hit our debt limit? If it was in its own fund there would not be a problem right?

So i started to do some digging and found out that we, United States Citizens, have been lied to. There is no Social Security "Lock Box" there is no separate account. Social Security is lumped into the whole US Treasury General Fund! Shocking! We been lied to by our Government! who would have thought!

Under the Supreme Court Case Helvering v. Davis case. On November 12, 1936, "(Social Security payments) are not earmarked for any special purpose." They are (Social Security payments) "true taxes, their purpose being simply to raise revenue . . . available for the general support of Government." This was a Supreme Court decision questioning the constituionality of Social Security

www.lewrockwell.com...

So for all of us paying our Social Security tax, Its just that, a tax that goes into the general fund. NO LOCK BOX! If Social Security does not get paid when we hit the debt limit, you will know why. Obama sliped as was cought telling the truth to the american people that Social Security is part of the General fund. We get 200 billion a month from taxes. Social Security cost 50 billion. If Social Security is not paid out it's because its prioritized that way. plan and simple

Can you believe they teach you in school that Social Security is in its own "Lock Box." What a Joke.

Nice to know huh.

Oh there is a lock box but all that's in there is an IOU! SSI was designed as a pyramid scheme by FDR cause
he figured that there would allways be more money coming in then going out and they could just spend the excess revenue from this fund. So this is what our government has been doing for over 75 years and the truth is
our government has spent every penny of it and all thats in that lock box called SSI is a piece of paper saying we owe you 2.6 trillion dollars. If every american acted with their funds like our government representitives we would all be bankrupt but because our government don't think of the US budget as anything but monopoly money we have deficit after deficit. Welcome to tyranny at it's worst people and be prepared to be oppressed to the end of time or our lives which ever comes first!

Have a Great Day ALL!

edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky

Im am just so sick and tired of being lied too. you cant trust anything the goverment says anymore. the only thing you can trust is yourself and your own research.

There are some on ATS that would say that I had wasted that time, that I should have been focused on my future. It is those same people that claim there is nothing sinister going on in the world. There is no boogeyman, the world and the United States is the way it is because we all wanted it this way and our representatives did mostly what we asked them to.

I reject that notion that we wanted it. We have been conditioned since birth to accept the world for what it is.

Though we did'nt want it this way, I'm sorry to tell you this but we are all responsible for it, for not finding out sooner, for not doing anything now but talking about it and eventually after it collapses for not picking up the pieces but instead either hiding in the dark or running around killing, stealing and maiming others. We are all complacent because we all participated in the system when we knew there are people starving around our world, we knew we were polluting the environment and we all accepted it until it finally had a profound effect on our lives. So In the end people get what they put into a society and since we $hit on it, that's what we get in return!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance, I am trying to follow this carefully, and would welcome being enlightened-

This idea of a "locked box" or separate account in which the SS taxes would be held, when and who lied about that?
Where did you guys get this idea??

I never heard or thought such a thing, I was not taught that in school, and was even told as a child that it would probably no longer exist by the time I reach retirement age.

I just am confused about who has been telling these lies, and must have missed it (which happens often!)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
America, as a whole, is one big scam. Everything, from the DMV to taxes, is ONE BIG LIE. It's amazing how much you learn, AFTER school. I mean, what's the point of wasting 12 years of schooling, only to find out, everything they taugh was ONE BIG FAT LIE? I see why i slept my way through school. I just didn't see the point, so there was no need to pay attention. And yet, i still graduated.

If you think about the history of America, not much has changed; they just painted it a different color. Instead of using ball n chains...they use a work schedule. And now, we have the wonderful world of credit; which is destroying our way of living.

BTW....there is no law saying you HAVE TO have a J.O.B. You can always do freelance work. Odd jobs, here and there. And, driving is not a "privelege" it's a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. Also known as: "The Right to Travel". Research it...and be AMAZED at how they B.S. us! I gave up my D.L.; they can have it. My bike works just fine!

Uncle Sam needs to get his lazy ass off the couch, and do some of the things he demands us to do! "What's good for the goose...is good for the _________" No benefits for us......NO BENEFITS FOR YOU...Dear "Uncle"!
"We WANT Y.O.U. to get a J.O.B.!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

With a Congressional confession like that, any tax attorney should have no problem in defending your inclusion of the social security tax within the bounds of the 'tax withheld' bracket.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Social Security Reform: www.tabbarianreport.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join