It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security Bomb, Must Read!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

You sir need to take a step back and calm down. I don't need to tell you what you are, you already know it. Since you are doing so great in life paying for the rest of the bums on ATS why not buy yourself a new country where you can screen who gets to live in it and who doesn't. The gubbernmint lied and deceived the American people as usual, and you just follow the ridiculous notion that the US is going bankrupt because of the poor people. I hope someday you get to walk in a SS recipients shoes, but not likely, seeing as how life is just peachy and you don't need to whine, except whining about whiners. Whiner.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I would like everyone to know the truth!

With Obama quoting: "I can not guarantee those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it." It got me thinking, Mr. Obama. I thought Social Security was in a lock box in its own fund? Why would Social Security be in the General "coffers" of the Federal Government and be threatened to not be handed out if we hit our debt limit? If it was in its own fund there would not be a problem right?

So i started to do some digging and found out that we, United States Citizens, have been lied to. There is no Social Security "Lock Box" there is no separate account. Social Security is lumped into the whole US Treasury General Fund! Shocking! We been lied to by our Government! who would have thought!

Under the Supreme Court Case Helvering v. Davis case. On November 12, 1936, "(Social Security payments) are not earmarked for any special purpose." They are (Social Security payments) "true taxes, their purpose being simply to raise revenue . . . available for the general support of Government." This was a Supreme Court decision questioning the constituionality of Social Security

www.lewrockwell.com...

So for all of us paying our Social Security tax, Its just that, a tax that goes into the general fund. NO LOCK BOX! If Social Security does not get paid when we hit the debt limit, you will know why. Obama sliped as was cought telling the truth to the american people that Social Security is part of the General fund. We get 200 billion a month from taxes. Social Security cost 50 billion. If Social Security is not paid out it's because its prioritized that way. plan and simple

Can you believe they teach you in school that Social Security is in its own "Lock Box." What a Joke.

Nice to know huh.

Have a Great Day ALL!

edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I went to school in the 80s. At no point was it ever taught that Social Security was separate from anything else. In fact, it was taught, and known by even the most seemingly ignorant of folks, that Social Security would run out within our lifetimes.

In short: my generation, and all those since, have been taught that what we pay in social security we shall never see returned to us. We accept this as fact, even if we do not really accept the reality of it.

I'm sorry this was a rude awakening for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

Your apology doesn't seem too genuine. Why not just call him ignorant? The guy is posting news that is news to some, not all. If a 2 year old posts that he just figured out why the night is dark are you going to belittle him and apologize to him too?
edit on 15-7-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

Oh in the 80s you learned this, well in the 30's they were talking about peak oil. *shrug*
edit on 15-7-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Taxation without representation! Push congress the senate and every other crooked politician into the North Atlantic with a giant red, white and blue Bulldozer!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

You sir need to take a step back and calm down. I don't need to tell you what you are, you already know it. Since you are doing so great in life paying for the rest of the bums on ATS why not buy yourself a new country where you can screen who gets to live in it and who doesn't. The gubbernmint lied and deceived the American people as usual, and you just follow the ridiculous notion that the US is going bankrupt because of the poor people. I hope someday you get to walk in a SS recipients shoes, but not likely, seeing as how life is just peachy and you don't need to whine, except whining about whiners. Whiner.

OMG, people on here so unreal. Go outside take a deep deep breath and put a smile on, truly you will ultimately feel FREE. Let go, your gov't is good.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OMG, I'M going to leave this , to much negativity. Please, go outside and relax, take a breath of that clean air, it will truly work.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

OMG so will I not kidding you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
GREAT, is there anyone else? I love our proud america, we help so many. Our funds span the world and all we get is greif. I hope more understand the whole scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
in my travels i stumbled across this.. worth a look..

www.unclefed.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew this FDR and Woodrow Wilson sold us down the river almost 100 years ago with the creation of the Federal Reserve wake up sheeple.Most people have know idea i thought more people had an idea of the truth

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I sure wish I could march into the HR at my work and tell them to STOP TAKING OUT SOCIAL SECURITY FEES FROM MY CHECK!!!!

Because obviously I wont be receiving any of it!

you need to be a government employee to opt out of Social Security taxes...
both they (all several million of 'em) including all the Congress & Senate pay diddle in SS taxes,,, they have their own... better paying retirement/disability program... which pays more than the pittance doled out to us scrubs

everyone that can ---- should run for government office... because after 5 years your set for life....

no SSI crappolla for the elites !!
its golden parachute as much as i can determine

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by objectivist

THIS IS A TOTAL LIE. Have you forgott what happened back then. OMG, please. OUR presidents helped us thru troubling times. As is today. OUR gov't helps us at all levels and it is we the people who let our gov't down. WE got us into this mess. NOW, with that said, go outside and take a deep breath of air and maybe it will take your breath away from the ignorance. peace. TRY IT. I'm sorry, i'm getting a little mad. I will go outside and take a huge breath of fresh air. TO gain a perspective and a positive note.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Starwise
I sure wish I could march into the HR at my work and tell them to STOP TAKING OUT SOCIAL SECURITY FEES FROM MY CHECK!!!!

Because obviously I wont be receiving any of it!

you need to be a government employee to opt out of Social Security taxes...
both they (all several million of 'em) including all the Congress & Senate pay diddle in SS taxes,,, they have their own... better paying retirement/disability program... which pays more than the pittance doled out to us scrubs

everyone that can ---- should run for government office... because after 5 years your set for life....

no SSI crappolla for the elites !!
its golden parachute as much as i can determine

oh, you worry to much, do like i did and take a deep breath of that fresh air outside. ALL will be OK., oh, i almost forgot, and put a huge smile on your face when you go outside.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I guess Obama slipped up not realizing some Americans did not know they were spending all the money our government gets plus a whole lot more. Social Security is the biggest ponzi scheme around. The American public needs to know more about economics and how our government operates in order to vote for more intelligent and wise politicians.
edit on 15/7/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by morder1

I was talking with my dad about this issue earlier, and he also thought it was a separate account... but nope its all just a lie(SURPRISE)

Its the little lies that hurt the most. yeah look up the case. it will shock you. Best part is Obama gave it away. I would not have looked it up if he did not say it

Irwin Schiff talks about that in his book, "The Federal Mafia". He says SS is a ponzi scheme.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

And that's how long they've been talkin about fixin it! You'd think with all that focus on it being defunct, more people would say no to letting the gov do the same thing with healthcare. But, oh wait, the T Parties did that! And Janet responded saying T Partiers were domestic terrorists to b e feared, and oh Nancy Pelosi was sooooo scared, her voice all shaky and everything (lol one of the funniest acting moments in history).
edit on 15-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Another ruling by the Supreme Court that impacts Social Security is Flemming v. Nestor

The Court ruled that no such contract exists, and that there is no contractual right to receive Social Security payments. Payments due under Social Security are not “property” rights and are not protected by the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment. The interest of a beneficiary of Social Security is protected only by the Due Process Clause

Flemming v Nestor

He appealed the termination arguing, among other claims, that promised Social Security benefits were a contract and that Congress could not renege on that contract. In its ruling, the Court rejected this argument and established the principle that entitlement to Social Security benefits is not contractual right.

ssa.gov

This case basically ruled that SS benefits are not property protected by the Fifth Amendment. Therefore the money you paid into SS is just another tax attached to a political promise that can be reduced, denied, or changed in any way at a political whim.

Obama did a good thing by attempting to scare the masses dependent on SS and other entitlements. He proved once and for all that there is no segregated "trust fund" that these payments come from. So where did it go?

Also as far as what is considered the "trust funds", it's actually a component of the "debt subject to the debt limit" the two components of this are "publicly held debt" (mostly T-Bills, Notes, and Bonds) and intra-government debt ( these are the IOUs given by Treasury to the SS and Medicare administrators). There's also another funny thing about those IOUs they aren't normal marketable Bonds, Notes, and Bills that can be sold on the open market for the going rate and they don't pay coupons in cash. The IOUs held by the SS and Medicare administrators can only be redeemed by Treasury. If they were to be redeemed SS or Medicare would have to go to Treasury, and then Treasury would either give them the cash from current accounts or more likely issue debt to get the cash to give to SS. Since the intra-government debt would go down and the debt held by public would go up by equal amounts the effect on debt subject to debt limit is a net zero. So why is it possible that SS may not pay out next month unless the President doesn't want it to or those funds have been looted?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

please stop trolling the thread or you will be reported to the mods. you've posted the same b.s. 37 times already. We get your point, you're brainwashed and deluded. If you can't handle it then get out of the thread, stop polluting it

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
SS is a pyramid scheme but the worst part of the lie is when they talk about the tax rate that Americans are burdened with but they do it by (a) dividing out tax burden in to small bits and pieces and labeling only one of them which accounts for about half of the total tax as Federal Tax and (b) devaluing the currency so that each year we actually lose money on our "investment" in to social security. $100 stolen in 1950 would be returned as about $8 in 2011 and so on and on it will go. The usual response [to any criticism of SS] is that it is cold hearted [to criticize] because at least granny is getting $8 now.

edit on 7/15/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Cut SOCIAL SECURITY.

Obama and the democrats will find out the power of AARP the next election.

Cut money to the disabled and he can add them to his foes. plus from what i have found is large numbers of the disabled in the US are from government not doing there job of protecting workers in the workplace or from the effects of pollution that was allowed to happen by the government.

What next cut money to disabled veterans???
That might get the military mad at him. it sure would get veteran mad at him.

I already see the writing on the wall that Obama will be a one term president because of all his grand ideas.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join