It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security Bomb, Must Read!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see a bunch of whinners in this thread. First, half of you are on ssi and should be damn glad that people like me have to work everyday to make sure you get your checks to sit on your ass all day and play on websites like this. Secondly the rest of you are drawing social security, well isnt that nice. Glad somebodys getting it. Must be nice. Finally, some of you are just fear mongers and full of down right crap.

You'll get your ssi check, and you'll get your social security checks. Dont worry about that, just worry if the banks can cash'em lmao. And let us real working Americans get back to making you guys some money. Keep everything going for us, dont let the internet get boring. Keep those water parks and lake-sides full. Dont worry we got it.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr_skepticc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Yup, war and 200 bases around the world are so much more important than the American people.

Countries destroyed by multinational corporations, international banksters and stockholders/investors greed.

The system needs to be rebuild from the bottom down, and those responsible executed.

Here. Here, I agree 1000%, those responsible NEED to be executed on the White House Front lawn, hanged by the neck until dead, and the gallery will be made up of ALL politicians in America, and they will be told, if you do not abide by the common sense and rights of MAN, you are next!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Obama seems to be pissing off the billionaires and millionaires businessman. It would be nice if congress could get all those Billionaires and millionaires to take their offshore bankaccount money and reinvest in american businesses again.

Extend the loan for another six years!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Plan and simple we the people need to stop paying SS. What the heck are they going to do...lock us all up?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

wait so we have thousands of bases around the world, are at constant war and are sending Israel somethjing like 20 billion dollars but this disgusting vile evil satanic piece of garbage (Obama) has the GALL to tell US that our family, our fathers, mothers grandfathers etc will not get their social security checks because of some bi-partisan b.s. politics on the debt ceiling? How about this Mr. "President", you send our troops home immediately and stop paying Israel OUR hard earned money and the "coffers" will be quite full for many years to come to pay to OUR own hard working american peoples' social security funds.

What disgusting filth! These satanic monsters will burn in hell for ETERNITY!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm so glad I have such a smart boyfriend...great post baby!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I see a bunch of whinners in this thread. First, half of you are on ssi and should be damn glad that people like me have to work everyday to make sure you get your checks to sit on your ass all day and play on websites like this. Secondly the rest of you are drawing social security, well isnt that nice. Glad somebodys getting it. Must be nice. Finally, some of you are just fear mongers and full of down right crap.

You'll get your ssi check, and you'll get your social security checks. Dont worry about that, just worry if the banks can cash'em lmao. And let us real working Americans get back to making you guys some money. Keep everything going for us, dont let the internet get boring. Keep those water parks and lake-sides full. Dont worry we got it.
I seriously doubt you even know what social security is. The only people who get SS are the ones who have paid into it their entire lives. They are simply getting their investment back from the government. I'm glad I could educate you.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to spell.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
how is this "revelation" a "bomb" the fact that social security is a slush fund comes up anytime someone talks about reforming it which is like every year.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
how is this "revelation" a "bomb" the fact that social security is a slush fund comes up anytime someone talks about reforming it which is like every year.

Its not a "slush fund" its part of the general fund

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
u r the fail again

"The term slush fund is used in accounting to describe a general ledger account in which all manner of transactions can be posted to commingled funds and "loose" monies by debits' and credits' cancelling each other out."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Congress has full control over funding of various government programs. I don't see what Obama has to do with funding sources and limitations. If you look at any diagram they show middle school students with regard to government checks and balances, you'll see that Congress has full control of the money. The president can write executive orders up the ying-yang - they won't go anywhere if Congress pulls the funding. I thought the republicans controlled the house and all spending related legislation must begin in the house. So, once again, I ask what does Obama have to do with this?

FYI - I say let the debt ceiling be overwhelmed. Our country's credit rating deserves to be in the garbage can because we keep printing money out of nowhere that is not backed by anything. If we abolished the Federal Reserve the US would not owe a non-existent 1.5 trillion to the entity. The US Treasury should be responsible for printing money - not a private banking cartel.
edit on 15-7-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Yup, war and 200 bases around the world are so much more important than the American people.

Countries destroyed by multinational corporations, international banksters and stockholders/investors greed.

The system needs to be rebuild from the bottom down, and those responsible executed.

Come on now, the gov't is only trying to help the situation out and get us out of this debt situation. Why cannot people understand? It is OK, do not worry about this. Just go outside and take a deep breath of that fresh air we have and please put a smile on when you ALWAYS go outside. don't worry.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
I seriously doubt you even know what social security is. The only people who get SS are the ones who have paid into it their entire lives. They are simply getting their investment back from the government. I'm glad I could educate you.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to spell.

That's wrong. Social Security Disability pays out to the disabled regardless of age - many children and young adults receive social security disability. This could be disabilities they were born with or came as a result of an injury. Forget about going back to school - why don't you trouble yourself to do a google search for 5 seconds. If you don't know what you're talking about, consider keeping your mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

You too, go outside and take a deep breath of that fresh air, don't worry they will handle it. Oh, and when you go outside and everywhere else, please put on a big smile, OK.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

wait so we have thousands of bases around the world, are at constant war and are sending Israel somethjing like 20 billion dollars but this disgusting vile evil satanic piece of garbage (Obama) has the GALL to tell US that our family, our fathers, mothers grandfathers etc will not get their social security checks because of some bi-partisan b.s. politics on the debt ceiling? How about this Mr. "President", you send our troops home immediately and stop paying Israel OUR hard earned money and the "coffers" will be quite full for many years to come to pay to OUR own hard working american peoples' social security funds.

What disgusting filth! These satanic monsters will burn in hell for ETERNITY!

Come on, we send money to help people all over the world, we even give out guns and ammo to help it's citizens. we help out so many people here, how can you say this? OH, put a smile on when you go outside today.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So i started to do some digging and found out that we, United States Citizens, have been lied to. There is no Social Security "Lock Box" there is no separate account. Social Security is lumped into the whole US Treasury General Fund! Shocking! We been lied to by our Government! who would have thought!

You present proof from 1936 court case that their is no separate account. But the trust fund wasn't created until 1939.

The Social Security Trust Fund was created in 1939

Starting in 1969 (due to action by the Johnson Administration in 1968) the transactions to the Trust Fund were included in what is known as the "unified budget." This means that every function of the federal government is included in a single budget. This is sometimes described by saying that the Social Security Trust Funds are "on-budget." This budget treatment of the Social Security Trust Fund continued until 1990 when the Trust Funds were again taken "off-budget." This means only that they are shown as a separate account in the federal budget. But whether the Trust Funds are "on-budget" or "off-budget" is primarily a question of accounting practices--it has no affect on the actual operations of the Trust Fund itself.

www.ssa.gov...

However, you are correct that social security is a tax and that means Social Security is not a guarantee

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Congress has full control over funding of various government programs. I don't see what Obama has to do with funding sources and limitations. If you look at any diagram they show middle school students with regard to government checks and balances, you'll see that Congress has full control of the money. The president can write executive orders up the ying-yang - they won't go anywhere if Congress pulls the funding. I thought the republicans controlled the house and all spending related legislation must begin in the house. So, once again, I ask what does Obama have to do with this?

FYI - I say let the debt ceiling be overwhelmed. Our country's credit rating deserves to be in the garbage can because we keep printing money out of nowhere that is not backed by anything. If we abolished the Federal Reserve the US would not owe a non-existent 1.5 trillion to the entity. The US Treasury should be responsible for printing money - not a private banking cartel.
edit on 15-7-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

Obama has nothing at all to do with anything, neither is congress or anyone else. PLEASE, everything is OK. NOW, put a big smile on and go outside and take a deep breath of air, OK. I'M sure it will take your breath away.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OMG, people need to calm down, there is no conspiracy here. Everything is OK, OK. So go outside and take a deep deep breath of air and put a smile on your face. gee.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I always laugh when politicians refer to the lock box.

The only thing in the lock box is a bunch of IOUs

Somewhere about 2018, unless there are changes to the SS system, there will be more money going out to the recipients then there is coming in from payroll taxes for SS

At that point, we will see some change. Either the amount that the recipients gets will be reduced or the taxes will have to go up. It will be a painful time for the politicians because they will finally have to stop spending .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The only person left in America with money is the owner of the Fed hahahahahah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join