It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security Bomb, Must Read!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My local news has failed to mention any of the threat to stop the checks .
People are blissfully unaware of whats happening .

If this was'nt reported in ATS and I did my own research to prove it true I would not have known about it at all .

Our local news is being sensored !
They are hopeing the public will be unaware and not panic.!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

You are absolutely right about Obama "scaring" older people with that statement. I receive SS checks, am 64 years old, and for the last week after hearing Obama's threat, I have been angry, depressed, frightened and literally sick to my stomach. How will I pay my rent? How will I buy food? Thank God I'm not on any expensive medications as most other elder's are.

They have been looking for an excuse for years to end paying SS benefits. This current situation is their perfect excuse, and I personally believe the whole thing has been orchestrated to bring things to this conclusion. Or else, it is a test to see how the citizens will respond to a big "change." If we don't protest this one, they can safely move on to the next one...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

I'm with you...we should sue them if they default. The funny thing to me is that I've been hearing about how much money Obama has "raised" for campaign funds. If they are so good at raising money, why can't they contribute some of it to the debt? Just saying....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
My local news has failed to mention any of the threat to stop the checks .
People are blissfully unaware of whats happening .

If this was'nt reported in ATS and I did my own research to prove it true I would not have known about it at all .

Our local news is being sensored !
They are hopeing the public will be unaware and not panic.!

Here's another fun fact i found out today. for the month of August the US will have close to 500 Billion Securities Maturing. If the debt limit is not jacked up those Securities need to be flipped back into the market and sold other wise we defalt! They will have to sale half a trillion in bonds when historicaly we sell 100 billion in a months. And this is going to be at a higher rate.

So if we defalt say bye bye to Social Security checks. Im not here to scare those on Social Security, just trying to inform those but you need to be ready if this happens
edit on 15-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would also like to add this thought. Think how many senior citizens die before they collect any of their SS. In my case, my husband died in 1992 and was only 35 years old. Where is his SS money? In my opinion, I should get his as well as mine, however, I am forced to choose one or the other. Wouldn't they absolutely freak out if all of us widowed elders decided to sue them for the right to receive our spouses money along with our own??

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scaredlady

Isn't it great? People that THOUGHT they were paying into the sytem for Medical AND SS .but no doctors will treat you under Medical, even if the POTUS demands they do?

You won't have to worry about collecting your S.S. because you'll be DEAD.

It's not the Doctors faults,but my Dad is 85, little by little, they're doing less and less tests on older citizens.

Not "quite" the same amount of Lab Work,Upper GI's,colonostopy's etc.

I know this for a FACT from people in the industry. Not because they don't want to help,but the coverage is getting harder to get reimbursed on,at an already discounted rate.

How many boomers thought they were eligable for retirement at 62? WRONG!! 65? WRONG!

67? Mayyyyyyyyybe.

They ACT like they're doing us a fricking favor.

I'll keep saying it.

Give me back my dough I paid in,no interest,and we'll call it even.

Stop with holding my dough,and we'll call it even.

Quit raising the age, so you don't have to pay me, and we'll call it even.

NO? Just NO and tough crap? I'll right then.

Game On..

Hey ALL you new wanna be elected geek types out there. And you jokers already in office too.

You Tea Partiers,Repubs and Demo's?

SHOWTIME.... This will become FRONT and CENTER IMMEDIATLY.

You WILL address screwing around with that money we've paid in our whole lives. Not when you decide.
Mr.Obama threatened to withhold it... Now explain HOW he can do that and how you won't screw us to collect until we're 90 while you cut Medical...

How The F can you offer universal healthcare, while you cut services?

You WILL answer this.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

...What a terrible thing to freighten the elderly and disabled - I hope is was necessary.

I hope it backfires in all their faces.

Is it necessary??

NO!
Not just NO but HECK NO!

It is a nasty manipulative maneuver to frighten people into "Obeying"

There is a LOT of money that could be saved by going over all the money given away by the US government that has NOTHING to do with operating the government of the USA. Boy would I love to have a red pen and do some editing of the budget. For instance there are 2.0 million civilian employees, the Federal Government...

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Look at the other crap the government is funding that could be cut instead of SS. We can start with all our troops overseas for one. Didn't Obummer PROMISE to bring them home????

Then how about Foreign Aid??? Charity is fine but lets begin AT HOME, especially since the foreign people do not WANT our aid such as powdered baby formula mixed with contaminated water that kills off their babies ( True story from an African who came here trying to save the Zebu cattle from Heifers International)

The USAID Operating Expenses alone are $1,564,132,000. The amount of aid to each of a very long list (94 pages) of countries for different programs is mind boggling. Fore example ”ADJUSTED INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS (150 Account)" is $58,492,754,000 and do not forget to add the three extra zeros when you look at the tables. See: www.usaid.gov...

And then there are the GRANTS:
The U.S. WWF is a superpower in the international non-profit arena, with 20% of its revenue from government tax money... $24,589,994 in 2001.

Federal Government Grants In 2011

The Federal Government has announced several grants considering the harsh economic conditions in the USA. The money for this scheme has been diversified from the tax income of the Government. The Obama Government has declared grants for all day to day expenses. These include purchasing a home or a car, renovation of the house, grant per kid, grants for the parents of the college going students, food & clothing, etc. You can get this money provided you are eligible for the same.....

...grant programs award some $500 Billion in grants to those people and organizations that qualify for such funding....

The Federal Reserve has totally committed to buying $1.25 Trillion in poor credit card debt by way of March 31, 2011.... (Remember this is debt created out of thin air by the bankers so it is actually a BANKER BAILOUT
) us-government-grants.org...

In this link I copied a small smattering of the grants (2005) that are over a million dollars and rearranged them under the headlines. 111 million alone is given as grants for foreigners.

* US Federal Government Assistance - Home Page

List of US Federal Government Grant Opportunities

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005 (modified on Jun 24, 2005)
Data sources: Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA), Grants.gov
Grant Opportunities: 2257

Homeland Security

* 2005 Homeland Security National Training Program (HSNTP), $214,500,000 total funding
* Department of Homeland Security (DHS Centers) Program, $15,000,000 total funding
Deep Sequencing and Haplotype Profiling of Mental Disorders, $7,500,000 total funding
* Detecting Suspicious Behavior, $440,000 total funding
* Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory Conceptual Design, $1,500,000 total funding [NOW we know how the elite got their underground bunkers built!!!]

* Assembling the Tree of Life, $29,000,000 total funding [What the heck is this???]

Rockefeller's Planned Parenthood

* Expanding Reproductive Health and Family Planning Services, $135,000,000 total funding
* Family Planning Services Grants, $97,333,200 total funding [I added up several grants]
Community-Based Abstinence Education Program, $36,823,000 total funding
Contraceptive and Reproductive Health Technologies Research (CTRU), $125,000,000 total funding

Grants for foreign countries

* Democracy, Human Rights, and the Rule of Law in the People?s Republic of China, $15,000,000 total funding
Primary Healthcare Strengthening in Azerbaijan FINAL RFA, $5,000,000 total funding
* Annual Program Statement (APS) for USAID/Nepal, Special Objective for Conflict Mitigation and Peace Building, $1,821,204 total funding
* Annual Program Statement for Democracy and Good Governance Program USAID/Angola, $1,500,000 total funding
* Annual Program Statement- USAID/Egypt's Democracy and Governance Program, $20,000,000 total funding

* Bangladesh AIDS Program, $12,500,000 total funding
* Building Capacity of Russian Anti-Trafficking Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to Provide Services for Victims and Provide Awareness Training for Government Officials, $800,000 total funding
* Enhanced West African Regional Capacity to Detect and Respond to Conflict., $2,500,000 total funding
* Conflict Mitigation Follow-On Program for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, $6,395,000 total funding
* English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Institute for Teachers from Bangladesh and Eastern India (West Bengal, Bihar, and Orissa), $400,000 total funding
* Central Asian Program on AIDS Control and Intervention Targeting Youth and High Risk Groups, $13,000,000 total funding
* Central Asian Program on AIDS Control and Intervention Targeting Youth and High Risk Groups, $13,000,000 total funding
* Citizen Participation Strengthening in Moldova, $10,000,000 total funding
* Civic Advocacy Partnership Progam in Bosnia and Herzegovina, $3,300,000 total funding

* Combating Exploitive Child Labor Through Education in Angola, $2,000,000 total funding
* Combating Exploitive Child Labor Through Education in Guyana, $2,000,000 total funding
* Combating Exploitive Child Labor through Education in Mozambique, $3,000,000 total funding
* Combating Exploitive Child Labor through Education in Sierra Leone and Liberia, $5,000,000 total funding

* Civil Society Org:Institutional Strengthening in Southern Sudan, $8,400,000 total funding
Family Planning Services Grants, $47,000,000 total funding
* Civil Society Support Program in Russia, $7,500,000 total funding
* Establishment of the International School of Kabul, $3,500,000 total funding
* Ethiopia Dairy Development (EDD) Project, $5,000,000 total funding

Behavioral Change Communication Activities in Ethiopia - Modification, $2,000,000 total funding

MILITARY TYPE GRANTS

* Advance Research for Warfighter Interface Technologies (ARWIT), $25,000,000 total funding
Advances in Biotechnology and the Biosciences for Warfighter Performance and Protection, $49,000,000 total funding

* ADVANCED COMPUTING ARCHITECTURE TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATIONS, $24,900,000 total funding
* Advanced Development of Optically Hardened Materials (ADOHM), $49,000,000 total funding
* Automated Scene Understanding (ASU) Technology and Prototypes, $5,000,000 total funding
* BAA04-13 - Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN), $7,000,000 total funding

* BAA04-35 - Advanced Speech Encoding (ASE) Phase 2, $19,800,000 total funding

* BAA05-05 - neXt Generation (XG) Communications Phase III, $17,000,000 total funding
BAA05-14 - Integrated Battle Command, $24,000,000 total funding
* Biosciences Technology Support (BTS), $24,000,000 total funding
* Bioterrorism Training And Curriculum Development Program, $25,500,000 total funding
* CISE Computing Research Infrastructure, $15,000,000 total funding
* Broad Agency Announcement VS-05-01, $200,000,000 total funding
* Command and Control and Combat Systems Applied Research, $3,200,000 total funding
Computer Systems Research, $27,000,000 total funding
Dynamic Air and Space Execution and Assessment (DASEA), $10,000,000 total funding
Detection Systems for Radiological and Nuclear Countermeasure (DSRNC), $50,000,000 total funding
* FIELD-Support Program, $350,000,000 total funding (This seems to be Army field support)
Federal Cyber Service: Scholarship for Service, $16,180,000 total funding

Department of Defense Cancer Research

* Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2005 (FY05) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Idea Award (IDEA), $14,000,000 total funding
* Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2005 (FY05) Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Research Program (CMLRP) Therapeutic Development Award (TDA), $2,200,000 total funding
* Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2005 (FY05) Prostate Cancer Idea Development Award (IDA), $38,100,000 total funding
* Department of Defense (DOD) FY04 Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Concept Award (CA), $10,000,000 total funding
* Department of Defense (DOD) FY05 Department of Defense (DOD) FY05 Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP) Therapeutic Development Award (TDA), $7,000,000 total funding
* Department of Defense (DOD) FY05 Ovarian Cancer Research Program (OCRP). Idea Development Award (IDA)., $4,000,000 total funding

Children/Community/Education

* Abandoned Infants Comprehensive Service Demonstration Projects, $2,850,000 total funding
Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation (AMLR) Program (Abandoned Mine Lands), $158,600,169 total funding
[seems abandoned mines are worth more than abandoned babies. Cv]
* Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program, $26,549,000 total funding
Cancer Prevention and Treatment Demonstration for Ethnic and Racial Minorities, $25,000,000 total funding
* Farm Labor Housing Loans and Farm Labor Housing Grants, $12,000,000 total funding

* Developmental Research on Elder Mistreatment, $1,700,000 total funding

* Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Program, $10,353,010 total funding

* Children, Youth and Families at-Risk New Communities Project, $6,600,000 total funding
* CLEAN SCHOOL BUS USA ASSISTANCE AGREEMENTS, $7,500,000 total funding

* Clinical Studies of Safety and Effectiveness of Orphan Products, $13,200,000 total funding
Community Services Block Grant - Rural Community Development Activities Program, $6,719,000 total funding
* Community Services Block Grant Program Community Economic Development Discretionary Grant Program--Operational Projects, $16,000,000 total funding
* Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program, $24,000,000 total funding

* Comprehensive School Reform Quality Initiatives Program, $12,000,000 total funding

* Drug Free Communities Support Program (New and Competing Renewal), $70,000,000 total funding
funding
* Early Learning Opportunities Act (ELOA)Discretionary Grants, $35,712,000 total funding
* Early Reading First Program, $104,160,000 total funding
* Earth Sciences Research at the National Science Foundation, $150,000,000 total funding
* Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program, $85,000,000 total funding
Expanding Economic Opportunities, $35,000,000 total funding

Medical

* Directed Stem Cell Differentiation for Cell Based Therapies for Heart, Lung, Blood, and Aging Diseases (SBIR/STTR), $4,500,000 total funding
* Clinical Interventions to Increase Organ Procurement, $2,250,000 total funding
* Clinical Nutrition Research Unit Core Centers, $4,000,000 total funding
* Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI), $14,900,000 total funding
* Centers of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence, $90,800,000 total funding
Congressionally-Mandated Telehealth Grants (CMPs), $34,000,000 total funding
* Clinical Outcomes of Live Organ Donors, $2,100,000 total funding

grant-opportunities.idilogic.aidpage.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Under the Supreme Court Case Helvering v. Davis case. On November 12, 1936, "(Social Security payments) are not earmarked for any special purpose." They are (Social Security payments) "true taxes, their purpose being simply to raise revenue . . . available for the general support of Government." This was a Supreme Court decision questioning the constituionality of Social Security

This is old news. I have known this my entire life. Where have you folks been?????

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This post doesn't suprise me at all. I have had the mind set (and Im 48) for my whole life that I would have to work until I die. And I do not think its right that SS tax continues to be taken from my pay check for something I will never get.

How is that different from companies that raid pensions funds? Its the exact same. People of my generation and those that come afer will be a generation of old people unable to work and will be thrown on the streets.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Nothing you mentioned even relates to the OP nor is provable.

All those things would exist, if they do, weather social security was its own fund or not.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
reply to post by scaredlady

little by little, they're doing less and less tests on older citizens.

Not "quite" the same amount of Lab Work,Upper GI's,colonostopy's etc.

You are quite right about this part. I see it everyday, the doctor comes in to talk to the family and tells them maybe they should think about making him a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) if he has a heart attack we can just watch him die basically....

BUT: I see this over and over: People who come in with Medicaid get every freaking test possible even if they are a frequent flyer coming in to the ER with chest pain every time they smoke a little crack (IM NOT LYING) I see this every day.....Its because the hospital recoups the cost from the govt, but those with private insurances get less testing.....

Its all pretty backwards if you ask me....Now what will happen when medicaid goes under, the ER will fill up with people who cant pay, if the hospitals cant recoup even the costs to operate and pay employees and supplies, what happens next??? I hate to thank about those kinds of things....

It all boils down to social security, and if you take that away, many people will die.....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Starwise
I sure wish I could march into the HR at my work and tell them to STOP TAKING OUT SOCIAL SECURITY FEES FROM MY CHECK!!!!

Because obviously I wont be receiving any of it!

Its the biggest scam ever. I really feel bad for those that have been " paying into the system" to come and find out they were just paying into the general fund and there is no lock box
edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Ow cmon nobody tought you guys basic economics in school?

Banks dont actually have vaults full of money you know? They invest it in the hope of making more, like your corporate government. Just too bad for the American people that your govt sucks at choosing where to invest.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So money. that is ours. that we gave to gov to help THEIR needs, is going to other countires for random things and to the military, yet not back to it's own people.

And they wonder why our econ will crash?

People in power are in power because they are CONNECTED not because they are QUALIFIED .

This goes back almost 100 years.

It's like that dumb girl at work who can't even turn on a computer or put 2 sentences together without saying like 6 times is running our country because people like to look at her, not because she does any good for the company.

And yes USA we have turned into a company.
edit on 15-7-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I love it than when Obama tells the people what is happening it is a "slip"

What if he's actually telling people what is happening and we just don't recognize it because of so many years with republican leaders?

Personally, I think they're all puppets, but on the chance that this puppet is at least trying to warn the people, I believe that, if nothing else, he is a man who speaks well and chooses his words carefully and I don't see him making a "slip". Do you?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

I love it than when Obama tells the people what is happening it is a "slip"

What if he's actually telling people what is happening and we just don't recognize it because of so many years with republican leaders?

Personally, I think they're all puppets, but on the chance that this puppet is at least trying to warn the people, I believe that, if nothing else, he is a man who speaks well and chooses his words carefully and I don't see him making a "slip". Do you?

well he didnt have his telapromter with him in that interview so yes, i do think he sliped and told the truth about SS

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Um, yeah. This has been known for quite some time.

Why do you think the Clinton years were so good economically speaking?

They didn't come up with some magical way to make people be more prosperous all of a sudden. They borrowed from Peter to pay Paul.

They liked to refer to it as "balancing the budget", but really all they were doing was taking away my Social Security to make themselves look better on paper.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I sure wish I could march into the HR at my work and tell them to STOP TAKING OUT SOCIAL SECURITY FEES FROM MY CHECK!!!!

Because obviously I wont be receiving any of it!

Alas, the IRS provides a means of accomplishing this very task. It's called Form 4029. You can download this form at "http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4029.pdf". A couple points of interest.

1. By filling out this form you are giving up all claims to money you have paid into the Social Security & Medicare systems AND all rights to future SS&M payments. Paragraph4 of Form 4029 reads in part...

I waive all rights to any social security payment or benefit under Titles II and XVIII of the Social Security Act

2. You have to be affiliated with a religious group that can provide a living for it's dependent members.
3. Said religious group must also be conscientiously opposed to public or private insurance.
4. If you wish to be re-joined to the SS&M systems you must within 60 days of leaving said religious group, notify the IRS of your change in status.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Not going to lie here. I truly hope and I mean truly hope that this is going to happen, the revolt in USA will finally begin hopefully. I truly truly hope that this leads to Obama's impeachment. I would take a dead dog as president over Obama at this rate.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I got news for you. They not only have spent our social security money that's been paid in, they've also borrowed against future receipts of social security contributions which we are obligated to pay. Not only that - they get to decide with funky accounting how much those future receipts will be.

It would be like if you owed me a dollar and I went to the bank and said you owed me a million dollars and got a loan using your IOU as collateral - as long as my accountant said the future value would be a million. Our government does this kind of accounting EVERY DAY.

The true deficit may never be known because they have lost track of the accounting lies and gimicks they use.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join