It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence: Interplanetary Magnetic Fields Can Have A Significant Influence On Our Weather!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
New research is showing a distinct and measurable correlation between magnetic fluctuations in space and Earth's weather. Very interesting in light of the many recent hypotheses regarding comet Elenin being highly magnetic, which as it speeds nearer to our Sun is causing increasing interaction / reaction in our solar system and is responsible for the escalating incidences of extreme weather / cataclysm across the globe of late (not MY theory mind you but certainly as plausible as any other out there right now, much more so than most IMO).

Sure enough, they found, on average, a small increase in pressure just after each high speed solar wind event. They reckon a fast solar wind increases the pressure by 2.5 hectoPascals. To put this in context, atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 1000 hPa. So that's a tiny increase

Despite the small number of events and the small change in pressure , these guys say their results are statistically significant.

So what on Earth could be going on? How can the solar wind influence the atmospheric pressure at sea level?

Source:

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if ELEnin is causing that super storm on saturn.
2nd

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
...of the many recent hypotheses regarding comet Elenin being highly magnetic

Of the what? Who the hell came up with that one?
How about I come up with a hypothesis about comet Elenin being made entirely of sandpaper. You going to start threads based on that one too?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am curious to see what effects it causes on Mercury as it is the most electromagnetically active planet.

I wonder if Saturn being in Elenin's tail is the cause of the storm possibly a much larger geo-magnetic pull combined with the sun.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by buskey
...of the many recent hypotheses regarding comet Elenin being highly magnetic

Of the what? Who the hell came up with that one?
How about I come up with a hypothesis about comet Elenin being made entirely of sandpaper. You going to start threads based on that one too?

What an, ignorant idiotic response.....this thread is not based on Elenin. People (and I use that term loosely) like you are why ATS is going down the drain, you have no clue and no inclination to contribute to a sane and coherent discussion, only to troll and inflame to make yourself feel....god knows what.

You gonna flame back to this response too? (my imitation of you sounding like a tool).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Wow, that is pretty cool stuff, thanks for sharing! With regards to Elenin, I hadn't actually thought about comets having magnetic fields before, but it makes sense. The radiation from the sun might ionize the comet over time and result in a net charge. Moving charges make magnetic fields and the strength of the field is dependent on the speed and magnitude of the charge. I'm skeptical that it would be influencing Saturn's weather significantly based on these findings... Plus the magnetic field decreases proportionately as one over the square of the distance between the charge and the point of influence. But who knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think we may eventually find that electromagnetism coming from the Sun in effect causes ALL the weather on Earth, and not just a tiny increase in pressure when our crude instruments can detect an increase in the "solar wind"....the flow of moving charged particles is usually called an electric current, not wind. The Earth is a charged body moving through the Sun's radial electric field. Electric currents tend to spiral around, this is the real reason for the Coriolis force, in a way that we can not yet create the proper instruments to detect. This is because we don't properly understand electricity at all, yet think we have it all figured out, and therefore look no further. We are only using part of the electricity that is there.

This also ties into the comet Elenin. It is on such a long orbit, that it has built up much more charge than any comet seen within human history. It is going to act very different than any comet before when it gets here. And yes it is also causing the giant new storm on Saturn, and it is causing earthquakes here. When it passes directly between the Sun and the Earth on Sept 27, we will be directly in the comet's tail. This has never happened before. Should be exciting. As in end of the world sort of exciting.
edit on 14-7-2011 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

top topics

join