It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are kids taught in public schools to believe in next to impossible chance, rather than God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The conflict between evolution and creationism exists only in the minds of people who grew up practicing Abrahamic religions, where God is someone who has a consciousness akin to a human, who has all the human emotions, who one fine day created the universe and sat on his throne watching his creation and judging them based on their actions. In these religions God is a separate entity from the Universe. People who blindly adhere to such teachings will definitely have issues with evolution.

But if you look at the eastern religions and have the perseverance to find the deep rooted meanings of their scriptures, you will begin to realize who or what God actually is. Nevertheless you have to keep in mind that these ancient religions have been corrupted to the core due to not being organized religions and due to centuries of ignorance. But if you really dig deep, you will strike gold.

From the little that I could understand so far from those religions, I realized that God is the cosmic consciousness, all encompassing intelligence which is much above the petty human consciousness. Hinduism, for instance, says that God is Nirguna Parabrahma meaning attributeless supreme consciousness. Its true that nowadays if you check Hinduism, you will find Gods is all shapes and sizes. But these are the result of ignorance. Original teachings clearly mention that God is one with the universe, time and what all that exist and do not exist.

In the light of such knowledge if you look at evolution, you cannot see any discrepancy. The things that we call living systems are nothing but the manifestations of finite parts of this supreme infinite consciousness - the gradual rise in the gradient of consciousness from the inanimate objects to single celled organisms to multi-celled ones and so on until human being, which is the highest level of consciousness currently known to us. The physical bodies of these organisms are the vessels that each level of collective consciousness conjured up for themselves.

Today's religions are a whole different story. I dont want to get into all those conspiracy theories now. But if you just peek out of the cage and slightly elevate your way of thinking you will find that there is no issue with science and spirituality.

OM
Amen
Shalom
Al Salam aleikkum
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Deuteronomy 6:7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

according to your own book it is the parents responsibility to teach kids the fairy tale not the schools. going by that verse, putting it in schools instead of creation being taught in homes violates gods law and makes you a bad parent destined for hell.

although there is no such thing as hell, i am just saying, try talking to your kids and try reading your book for once.
edit on 15-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why are kids taught in public schools to believe in next to impossible chance, rather than God?

because it is more probable than a 6k year old earth where the dinosaurs where created already dead and decomposed...
and science belongs in a science classroom.

creation belongs in a theological studies classroom or philosophy class.
edit on 15-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: to add

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
99.9% of all complaints about creationism are complaints based on parents being too lazy to pass on their traditions and want the schools to do it for them. The bible is pretty clear that the job is the responsibility of parents. i say if you want your kids to learn about your invisible creator, you need to do it yourself, Jesus said his people would be no part of the world just as he was no part of the world. stop trying to go against what Jesus wanted and inculcate the beliefs into your children on your own time like the bible commands.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

This is why religion shouldn't be taught in schools.

Sorry to anyone who gets offended by this!

I'm sure the scientific community sees it the same way, but maybe not in a humorous way as I do

edit on 15-7-2011 by IWANT2B3LI3V3 because: Sorry!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Please please please, do your children and the world a favor and do not home school them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow. Troll Thread Confirmed.

When someone becomes an adult then it's their choice if they want to live a life of self delusion. Forcing that on a kid is a form of abuse. Religion has no place in schools at all. I think it's pretty disgusting that young kids are brainwashed at a young age in religious schools.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Because God could never be understood or "taught"...And what religion are you going to use to teach about "God"....These cosmic ideas are too much for humans to grasp....aside from that we have so many religions lurking about. Who will decide which one to choose? Christianity isn't everyone's first choice yuh know....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Because they are teaching our children the truth??? They are teaching what science is proving, not what a book claims. We have something called separation of church and state, this means, no god in schools.

Next time, think before you post.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by Annee
Lack of belief - - is not a belief.

If you had a lack of belief, you wouldn't care what kids were taught, because all of it would seem equally likely to you.

You do have a belief: you believe there is no god, and you want the kids to also believe there is no god, and that's exactly what I said -- you forcing your religion of atheism on them.

Fortunately for me - my mom was into metaphysical thinking way back in the 50s. She taught there are many paths to follow - - each of us must find our own - - but we have to travel and experience many along the way. Which I did.

I was taught this by my mom - - - not the public school. It is not the public schools job to teach god belief - - any kind of god belief OR lack of god belief.

Lack of belief in a god - is not a belief. I do have beliefs - - - god is not one of them. I have lack of belief in a god.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Because the time for brainwashing children is ending
Science for the masses(who are interested)
im sick and tired of these braindead people walking arround

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Really? And just how does big bang cosmology and Darwinian molecules to man evolution help contribute to anything in the fields of biology and chemistry?

Student: How did the Sun form?
Teacher: Billions of years ago, nothing exploded and formed everything, and it just so happens that trillions of stars formed by accident without any design or purpose...

Student: Where did life start?
Teacher: Millions of years ago, the something that came from nothing from your previous question eventually combined proteins (which also created themselves) in just the right sequence to form a cell

How does this give anyone insight on anything? Evolutionists are in denial, your religion is foolishness. And yes it is a religion because it answers the big 5: What am I, Where did I come from, Why am I here, How am I to live, Where do I go when I die. You have your "Pope" Darwin, and your god is man. Even have your own apologists that flood the site, who defend the faith with religious zeal.

Really? And just how does your big god and his imaginary son help contribute to anything in the fields of biology and chemistry?

Student: How did the Sun form?
Teacher: A while ago, big-god who was just being - nowhere, becauze nothing was - had this idea while yawning and said "let there be light" and light was, and then it just so happens that trillions of stars formed by his design as well, because I told you so…

Student: Where did life start?
Teacher: After another while, persisting in his boredom, that big-god that just was there, contemplating the nothingness from my previous answer, eventually said "let there be life" and life was. And everything just was because he said so while being bored because Solitaire wasn't invented yet. His invention had to invent it, many years after.

How does this give anyone insight on anything? Religious fanatics are in denial, your religion is foolishness. And yes it is a religion because it won't answer the big 5: What am I, Where did I come from, Why am I here, How am I to live, Where do I go when I die. You have your ex-SS Pope, and your god is fictional. Even have your own apologists that flood the site, who defend the faith with religious zeal.

P.S. I do have those 5 answers to your 5 "big ones": 1-Human, 2-A mixture of DNA cells from my parents, 3-Because I don't have enough dosh to be on a yacht in Prasonisi, 4-Because I was cared for by my parents, 5-Cemetery. Does that make me a god ?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Yes, Children should be taught all possibilities.

So, alongside the Genesis account they MUST also be taught that the Earth was formed from the body of the dragon Tiamat after it was killed by the god Marduk, that the human race was formed after the first brother hit his sister with a fish and told her to multiply and that the gods made the first 4 men out of the dough of corn meal. And several hundred other different accounts.

There you go. I was forced to take a class in Mythology when I was in 7th grade. Today I would love that class - - but at that age - - I could not grasp it. The story of Prometheus - - is kind of gross to a 13 year old girl.

I do support that an introductory class of beliefs should be offered - - probably to juniors/seniors in high school.

But - - it needs to be an introductory class - - touching on as many beliefs (non belief) as possible. From the aborigines of Australia to the Sikhs - - Earth Beliefs - Wiccan - Native American - Ancient Mythology - the Terra Papers etc.

There are so many.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Evolution as unquestionable fact = atheism lesson
Condoms in the bathroom = atheism lesson
Sex education with a completely amoral perspective = atheism lesson
Gay & lesbian lifestyle presentations to middle schoolers = atheism lesson
Immoral behavior and banter of fellow students going unchallenged = atheism lesson
Punishment of any student for wearing religious attire, acting on or speaking about religious beliefs = atheism lesson

What crap!

Atheism is lack of belief in a deity. That is all it is. That is the only thing it is.

Science is science - - - it has nothing to do with Atheism.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
My son attends a public school in Wales - where he is taught both viewpoints.

Both viewpoints?

What exactly does that mean?

Do you have any idea how many beliefs there are in this world?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
[Do you like to just throw that term out like a child?

You full on mad, chill out it's the internet. My point still stands unfortunately, no where did I see evolution being discussed, rather the origins of our planet/universe. At least that's how I took it and that's where my comments are directed.

You're the one trying to make it sound like something else, hence, troll harder.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There is no point trying to educate a Creationist in science; it is utterly pointless. The simple fact is, they believe in things that are basically the same as the things humans were believing in thousands of years ago, and nothing you tell them will persuade them to the contrary. Their belief system is really as primitive and undeveloped as that of the cavemen. Their beliefs are not based on observations that can be corroborated in any way, shape or form.

Their beliefs are based on the fear that they will burn in hell if they question the Bible.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

honestly with some of them i do not think they are content with just their own kids being taught it, they want my kids to be taught it, your kids and everybody elses, and they will not be happy untill they get to promote their views to them. they seem to think we the other parents should have no say or control about what our children should learn at school, because we are atheists and we are immoral according to them and all the worlds problems are due to atheism according to them.

yes i agree, some of them have lost it due to the so called good old book, it worries me about what they would do to other people if one them got in power, atheists and gay people would be persecuted or killed. thats the impression i get from some of them anyway. i have met loads of decent believers but some are..... you know, especially in america.
edit on 15-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskirovka
There is no point trying to educate a Creationist in science; it is utterly pointless. The simple fact is, they believe in things that are basically the same as the things humans were believing in thousands of years ago, and nothing you tell them will persuade them to the contrary. Their belief system is really as primitive and undeveloped as that of the cavemen. Their beliefs are not based on observations that can be corroborated in any way, shape or form.

Their beliefs are based on the fear that they will burn in hell if they question the Bible.

I agree with you.

What is interesting to me is - - I believe along the lines of the Ancient Astronauts - - and that we may be a created race by beings far more advanced then us.

However - - - that's not something I would want exposed to young children anymore then an invisible omnipotent being. There is no reality to it. Its just one of many belief possibilities.

Children have so much thrown at them in our advancing society - - they don't need to also fill their heads with belief systems.

I'd much rather they learn the known and studied complex society of elephants and/or timber wolfs.

Children need to learn you get out of life what you put into it. Not guilt and excuses for behavior.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
forgot to mention these and shows just a little glimpse of why they would want to control what the children are taught at a young age

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. -Revelation11

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. -Proverbs22

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. -Acts17

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious -1Peter

the saviour of all men but specially to those who believe

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all -Colossians3

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. -Micah4

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. -Revelation1

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse -Romans1

edit on 15-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join