It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are kids taught in public schools to believe in next to impossible chance, rather than God?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

YES! If any theory should be taught in school, it should be FSM!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The religion bit that most puzzles me is why people think that if there is a god, he / she would be in the the slightest bit bothered by us individual humans in one tiny part of the multiverse? In my mind, that is arrogance of the highest order. I truly believe that the Vikings had a more realistic outlook on religion, pre Christianity Vikings obviously. They believed the gods had no interest in us whatsoever and if they ever did, it was for mischief

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The fact that alot of creationists ignore is that evolution makes SENSE.

Im going to debunk a some things in this post:
Q. Ha! What are the chances of THAT happening?
A. Very, VERY, slim! But, think about it this way. The universe has been around WAY longer than earth, and earth sat without life for billions of years, untill one day, because of energy in the atmosphere, tiny unicelluar organisms came together. These slowly changed to suit their enviroment over BILLIONS of years.
Just remember it like this: If infinite monkeys bang on infinite keyboards for an infinite amount of time, eventually, one will tap out this entire post. Some say this has already happened.

Q. Well how can somthing so complex develop overnight?!?!
A. It didn't in fact, it took several billion years worth of nights, and when life finally DID come around, it was most likely not even a procaiotic cell, but somthing much more simple. Prolly a virus or unicelluarplant of some sort, and than it took BILLIONS of years for this to develop into even sponges, which than adapted to their enviroment, ect, ect.

NOTE: We already have proof of evolution if you look hard enough. Where? Human race.
Did you know that the first humans where black? and than light skin is acutally a genetic mutation that happened after we crossed into america and went farther east and north? Evolution is not an active form of developing, it happens slowly over time.

Baby A: Normal size eyelids in a desert
Baby B: Small eyelids in a desert.

Baby B has a greater chance of reproducing than baby A due to it not having to worry about going blind because of sand. Baby Bs decendents will carry this trait, and eventually will spill out into the rest of the species.

Also, if it was not for evolution, why would we look diffrent in diffrent parts of the world?
Red heads in ireland
Blacks in africa
Yellowish skin in asia
Blond hair in scandinavia
Ect, ect

Q. So im just supposed to beleive that evolution is true just because most of the human population does?
A. Yes. Yes you are.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You can teach your flying spaghetti monster in school go right ahead, but don't expect me or my kids to bow down or pray to it or you will not like what we say to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You can teach your flying spaghetti monster in school go right ahead, but don't expect me or my kids to bow down or pray to it or you will not like what we say to you.

Take a chillpill bro,
He's just joking around.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Take a chillpill bro,
He's just joking around.

I know he is, i was just saying that you can teach whatever you want but people have their own beliefs.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
an argument that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon those who make unfalsifiable claims, not on those who reject them.

thats what i was trying to say i just couldnt think of how to sum it up in an elegant little sentence like that.

hail the flying spaghetti monster

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

hail the flying spaghetti monster

Meh, im more of a "Coming of the great white hankercheif" type of guy myself

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
Why are kids being taught in school, to believe life on earth was absolute fortuitous eventuation that on the face of it leaves God out of the equation? Wouldn't this actually be a form of religious imagination intruding on the minds of our kids? If we are going to teach origins in school, then all origins should have equal footing.

By only allowing one view on origins, we are basically killing any chance for our kids to discover critical thinking skills, rather than just following the imagination of another human being.

I'm being wheedled in perpetuum to home school my children, by what used to be regular old lassitude from those who hold the keys to the education system. Now I see this nefariousness is a calculated total disregard for the rights of the children, and for the total abrogation of God. If it's just the observable that's being taught in the Science classes, then why even entertain any imaginative idea of origins? It's actually oxymoronic, in that it masquerades as a viable scientific idea, yet it's the exact opposite.

Or to translate for those who don't understand:

"I'm gonna use big words to con people into thinking I'm an intelligent and logical thinker when actually, I don't believe in this evolution nonsense and think that an imaginary friend created everything as we see it right now and won't accept any kind of fact, evidence or critical thinking and subsequently am being coerced by others I know into home schooling my children to be idiots who only accept God as the answer to everything like their kids have been."

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

The answer is simple . If you look at what has happened with the world around us and America too. They PTB want a sexless Godless world. They have made the word Creation into a joke and God into a Santa Claus. They want to get kids to believe in evoloution early so God and creation are a joke .
PS you don't make as much money off of believers in God as you do those who don't The more worldly a person is the more money is to be made.. Just my opinion and I am not directing or judging non believers.. s/f op thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Next to impossible chance rather than god?

I think you got that mixed up... Try... most respected theory of creation among Scientists, rather than the next to impossible concept of a supreme being creating everything...

Face it... Science really goes against the concept of God for a reason... There just is not one... At least not in the way people think of... Some supreme being zapping everything into existence....This is REALITY.

Anyway.... Interesting thread. Better laugh.

Take care
edit on 28-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

The answer is simple . If you look at what has happened with the world around us and America too. They PTB want a sexless Godless world. They have made the word Creation into a joke and God into a Santa Claus. They want to get kids to believe in evoloution early so God and creation are a joke .
PS you don't make as much money off of believers in God as you do those who don't The more worldly a person is the more money is to be made.. Just my opinion and I am not directing or judging non believers.. s/f op thanks

You dont nedd our help to make creation into a joke and gd inyo. Santa clau

On
Y iphone

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Dble post fail
edit on 28-10-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Or to translate for those who don't understand:

"I'm gonna use big words to con people into thinking I'm an intelligent and logical thinker when actually, I don't believe in this evolution nonsense and think that an imaginary friend created everything as we see it right now and won't accept any kind of fact, evidence or critical thinking and subsequently am being coerced by others I know into home schooling my children to be idiots who only accept God as the answer to everything like their kids have been."

Oh no!!!!
I've suffered the contumely of curious 7. Sweet. Can you give me your thoughts on these facts of evolution, or were you just flagpoking? I love to talk about the mysteries of life. If you hate Christians, then don't reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Next to impossible chance rather than god?

I think you got that mixed up... Try... most respected theory of creation among Scientists, rather than the next to impossible concept of a supreme being creating everything...

Face it... Science really goes against the concept of God for a reason... There just is not one... At least not in the way people think of... Some supreme being zapping everything into existence....This is REALITY.

Anyway.... Interesting thread. Better laugh.

Take care
edit on 28-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)
Science has no dog in the fight. Jesus is the TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace
Science has no dog in the fight. Jesus is the TRUTH.

A) It doesn't matter if Jesus is the TRUTH, because the Constitution says that our government will keep religion out of it's practices. Ergo, no teaching children this in schools.
B) Jesus would probably believe in evolution... the Creation story is a load of crock, it's meant to be metaphorical, not literal. There is no reason that evolution and intelligent design has to be separate. God created everything, including science, which tells us that life is achieved through a complex series of mutation and adaptation to environment in order to promote survival.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Science has no dog in the fight.

Science has "no dog in the fight" regarding what is taught in science classes in public schools? To use another dog-based idiom: that dog won't hunt, monsignor.

Jesus is the TRUTH.

In your home? Fine. In your church? Fine. In a public school science classroom? Never.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

A) It doesn't matter if Jesus is the TRUTH, because the Constitution says that our government will keep religion out of it's practices. Ergo, no teaching children this in schools.
B) Jesus would probably believe in evolution... the Creation story is a load of crock, it's meant to be metaphorical, not literal. There is no reason that evolution and intelligent design has to be separate. God created everything, including science, which tells us that life is achieved through a complex series of mutation and adaptation to environment in order to promote survival.

Evolution and God don't go together. At least not the Christian God. If you want to be duped into believing we came from a single celled organism, whatever, but it is not conducive the Christian God.

And God made the beasts of the earth after their kinds, and cattle after their kinds, and every thing that creeps upon the earth after its kind: and God saw that it was good.
The Bible is clear about God. God created seperate animals.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Science has "no dog in the fight" regarding what is taught in science classes in public schools? To use another dog-based idiom: that dog won't hunt, monsignor.
Science has no dog in the fight, in regards to God. I love science in the classroom. That's why in my original post I am talking about abiogenesis. Abiogenesis shouldn't be taught in our classroom's. Their's no proof of this. IMO, it's not enough to teach it then say it's all conjecture. We shouldn't teach conjecture in science classPERIOD

In your home? Fine. In your church? Fine. In a public school science classroom? Never.
I agree....a little.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by addygrace

That belief from the bible has already been debunked numerous times. Creationists cannot account for ring species. Evolution however can.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join