It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Operation Fast and Furious have a Tampa twin Operation Castaway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Republican lawmakers are alleging that Operation Fast and Furious may have had a twin in Tampa: Operation Castaway.

The new revelations have come to light as Florida Republican Rep. Gus Bilirakis fired off a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder and acting ATF Director Ken Melson asking them for answers about the newly discovered program.

“In recent days, it has come to light that the ATF and DOJ have participated in the act of ‘gun walking’ beyond the acts conducted within the scope of ‘Operation Fast and Furious,’” Bilirakis wrote to Holder and Melson.

Did Operation Fast and Furious have a Tampa twin Operation Castaway?

This scandel is growing in leaps and bounds.

This attempt to subvert the Second Amendment is out in the open. Not that anyone is reporting in the MSM. Sadly only a few here are paying any attention. Where is the outrage? There will be no pupping the genie back in the bottle on this on.

edit on 7/15/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

Castaway has been talked about for the past week or so here on ATS. We seem to be the only ones who talk about it. Project GunRunner, OP Fast and Furious and now OP Castaway for some reason seem to be flying under the MSM radar. They are more interested in whether Mila Kunis will go to the Marine Corps ball, rather than issues of National Security.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but something needs to bring this to the attention of the American populace.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I keep seeing scenes from "Idiocracy" running through my head a lot lately. I truly think we are there now.

"... And there was a time in this country, a long time ago, when reading wasn't just for fags and neither was writing. People wrote books and movies, movies that had stories so you cared whose ass it was and why it was farting, and I believe that time can come again!"

"Comin' up next on The Violence Channel: An all-new "Ow, My Balls!" "

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Graet Movie!

Haven't seen it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It is a must watch. Go now and get it if you can. Really gives a great perspective of the masses nowadays. Highly recommended.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot

I keep seeing scenes from "Idiocracy" running through my head a lot lately. I truly think we are there now.

"... And there was a time in this country, a long time ago, when reading wasn't just for fags and neither was writing. People wrote books and movies, movies that had stories so you cared whose ass it was and why it was farting, and I believe that time can come again!"

A star for ya...awesome movie and very telling...

MSM , if they do know about Fast and Furious and any other covert operations being run by the government will walk on egg shells...they are unsure how this info will be received not only by their superiors but the public. Why keep the public in the know??? Last thing the government needs is an EDUCATED public....that would be too dangerous.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Man oh man this is becoming almost comical! Could they have at least not used movie titles? I cannot but help wondering what and who was directly benefiting from this, I mean was there some reason they did this other then stupidity?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I have a feeling that I will have to buy it as Netflix doesn't seem have it streaming.

But I have heard a lot a great things about it from my friends.

It is on my "must watch" list

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Man oh man this is becoming almost comical! Could they have at least not used movie titles? I cannot but help wondering what and who was directly benefiting from this, I mean was there some reason they did this other then stupidity?

Even after the jig is up they tried to pull a fast one on the Second amendment by executive order.

Why, I think it's because when was the last time there was anyone charged with treason? But, now think about the last time someone was exposed with a treasonous crime? There are NO consequences, why not, Nothing will happen. Useless eaters, we have become!

They have become like school yard bullies. "What are you going to do about it?"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Originally posted by VAPatriot

A star for ya...awesome movie and very telling...

MSM , if they do know about Fast and Furious and any other covert operations being run by the government will walk on egg shells...they are unsure how this info will be received not only by their superiors but the public. Why keep the public in the know??? Last thing the government needs is an EDUCATED public....that would be too dangerous.

Exactly, and we are as a whole putty in their hands. It would be too dangerous to have an armed educated public.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
In looking into this Operation Castaway further it does not appear to me to be related to Gunwalker or Fast and Furious.

Operation Castaway began in the summer of 2009 and included the ATF, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, sheriff's offices in Orange, Osceola and Brevard counties and the Miami-Dade Police Department. As a result of the investigation, Hugh Crumpler III, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, acknowledged that he illegally sold about 1,000 guns, shipping the bulk of them to Honduras and other countries in Central and South America.

As with Operation Fast and Furious, the guns sold by Crumpler wound up in the hands of at least one killer, according to federal documents, as well as a violent drug organization in Puerto Rico, the hitman for a Colombian drug organization, a murder-for-hire gang and an effort to smuggle guns into Colombian prisons.

But unlike Operation Fast and Furious, these guns apparently wound up in the hands of criminals before Operation Castaway was even launched, according to federal court records.

Operation Castaway began after the ATF's National Tracing Center Multiple Sales Database revealed that Crumpler purchased 529 handguns in 62 transactions from federally licensed firearms dealers in Florida. Many were the same types of weapons and several were found to have been used in crimes only a short time after Crumpler, 64, purchased them "further indicating that the firearms were being illegally trafficked," according to a plea agreement signed by Crumpler in May, 2010.

In several instances where Crumpler did sell guns to individuals from Honduras, including those who were not in the country legally, agents intercepted the individuals and seized the weapons, according to the documents.

Crumpler was sentenced to 30 months in prison on charges of dealing firearms without a license and unlawfully possessing short-barreled rifles.

Federal gun investigations draw Congressional scrutiny
edit on 15-7-2011 by VAPatriot because: added link

top topics

join