It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of the US Economy and Society.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
While I may just lurk in the shadows of ATS these days, once in a while a thread will bring me back into the light.
I must say, I am glad for this post, and will support this thread.
You gotta love this line, and its totally true! I had 3 friends go to Mc D. to get a job, and these guys went to school for years just to get a job that was later outsourced, and or unfunded by our wonderful Florida gov. Overlord Rick Scott..

So what are we supposed to tell the 93.8% that didn't get hired? Are they supposed to have any hope for the future when they can't even get a minimum wage job at McDonald's?

Tell them, " Try Burger King.."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
So how exactly will releasing this technology help the average struggling American? What's your plan?

Well... I could go into it in depth here, I suppose, but then... I offered the links for You to find out.

Short version: Presently We use Human energy, forced through wages-slavery, to do many of the things that need to be done. Today (Our era now) We can place that burden on robots (and already are in many ways) and operate them on plenum energy, removing the need to have Human sweat in the process.

Money is an accounting of meaningful energy expended. If We add unlimited amounts of what money represents the need for money dissipates. At first, adding the energy will make things cheaper. Money will deflate, but unlike deflation with no compensation, this deflation will be supported by the energy additions We make.

As the cost of energy is removed all down the line, eventually, there will be no cost. And given this planet is abundant in all things - We are not even running out of oil, though They like Us to think so as it justifies higher prices - all of Us would have access to what We not only need, but what We want as well.

And if You question the "no cost" thing... Consider the first farmer or miner: Everything They worked with was free. What They actually charge for is not the butternut squash or the ore, but Their energy in obtaining these things. They may charge a bunch of carrots (that represent another farmer's efforts) or a gold nugget for Their butternut squash, or accept a currency (and the term, "currency," should be a clue to the intimate relationship between energy and money).

All We have to do to make things better is add plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy.

As to how to release the tech from black ops... Spread the ideas I offer, and if they hit the tipping point, the tech will come out as individuals who have information see that They can contribute.

This sort of tech is so exotic even if released to public would be so highly priced that only the rich could by it, and would use it to figure out how to make more $$$ while the average person continues in poverty.

It's really not that exotic. I recommend reading Secrets of Antigravity Propulsion for an idea of how non-exotic it really is. And I might say that this book mentions the firm My father worked for in the 1950's. My dad would come home and try to teach Me, as a toddler, about electrogravitics (I didn't catch the technical part) and told Me what the world I would be growing up in would look like: cars would fly, houses and cities would float, and We would have all the energy We could want.

In late 1959, early 1960, My dad came home one night and woke Me up to tell Me We couldn't talk about electrogravitics anymore, that "They want it secret for now." That is when EG went into black ops. That is how I know, with no doubt, that EG is there and can do amazing and wonderful things.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
The war is already in progress!
It is Rich against Poor.
While our congress is more concerned
with their own private agendas.

Sad to watch, each looking to blame the other, while they sit cushy
collecting
their salary, health benifits and pensions, what a shame.

I don't agree with everything Obama has done,
but I don't agree with ANYTHING the GOP is trying to do.
The Republican­s today are a scary group. It's almost like a fringe society.

You do know that the two-party system is the flailing of the two hands of a single beast, right? Outwardly, They tout different approaches, keeping Us watching this finger puppet show, while They are hidden in the back, going ahead with plans that are way beyond the petty squabbles of rep v dem.

The "blame game" is just part of the show. Each can say, "It's not MY fault. THEY did it."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
America will sip coffee reminiscing about "the days of Empire" while the planet descends into madness.

Obviously things will not be good, but it is only temporary as the people readjust and adapt from one lifestyle to another. But, will it go into madness, or will it be returning to the natural order of things and the way things should be.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
license

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
Looking at the following it is clear that the US economy [color=gold] and society are about to or are already heading past the point of no return.

We have a society?
That's a news flash deserving of it's own thread.

where do the young adults gather to dance
    how are the front yard gardens doing
    when is the last time you waved to a neighbor on their porch
    even the joggers have individual speakers stuck in each ear

Now that no one is interested in hearing me contribute to this discussion,
here is my take on the entire matter.

America was already supposed to be broken up into 5 reigns by now.
The ultra elite had already secured positions in other countries and were going
to watch, not missing a single tragedy, by our hypermediaized self image and
through the complete saturation of cell phone cameras into every economic class.

But we the people showed the patience, strong will, and long suffering of Gandhi himself.

Now three years on the rest of the world is starting to burn hotter and the ultra elite are moving back.
Not as all powerful conquerors with super advanced technology like they had envisioned
to a shattered country with little in the way of lawyerly class, or case archives,
but to the most impenetrable tangle of legal precedent and existing authority
across federal, state, and county lines the earth has ever seen.

The gordian knot has not been cut,
the elite do not get to be Alexander the Great
and for some damned reason Church attendance is rising.

"Maybe those Americans aren't as ungrateful and selfish as we thought they were" They say to themselves before deciding to fly back into the country and maybe fund a new movie, or fashion line. "I can always fly out at a moments notice anyway."

In the following story the snake represents a country.

There was a snake called The USA that lived in a snakepit
and the snake handler saw that it was the biggest most aggressive
snake they had ever seen, swallowing other snakes whole, and getting bigger.

So he cut it's head off in 1963.

But to everyone's surprise the snake didn't die.
it leapt up and touched the level ground outside of the pit
leaving a few snake prints and all the snake handlers came to see.

Every handler tried to coax the snake into dying.
Sure the biggest snake was no longer
swallowing other snakes whole, but
it still ate the most. Poison, acid,
radiation, nothing worked.

This has been going on for so long now,
that people doubt the snake ever leapt out of the pit that first time,
or that the snake ever existed in the first place, and it must be made
of something that they can't quite see yet. So it was mutated.
America is now a headless snake with eyes all over, both
inside and outside. The most collectively aware, and
what we are aware of is that we don't like any of
the non commercial versions of collectivism
we have seen. If it's a good idea then
grant a license to a private company
to do it, but these non-competitive
monopolies have got to go.

Obama is a great man. He has proved the following, though most of us have already forgotten. These problems existed long before he entered politics.
    Private insurance companies killed the public option
    Automotive tycoons sell you products they don't use themselves
    The oil industry is beyond the reach of any one country
    social security has no breaks, and banks can't be trusted with it

/shrug
David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And more news as to the disintegration of American society.

20 (More) Signs That The Fabric Of American Society Is Coming Apart At The Seams

Original Source

There is wild disagreement about what is causing it, but what most people can agree on is that there is something fundamentally wrong with America. The fabric of American society just does not seem to be as strong as it used to. In fact, many would argue that society is coming apart at the seams. Corruption and decay seem to be everywhere. I spend a lot of time in my other articles blaming a lot of this corruption and decay on politicians, bureaucrats and business leaders, but the reality is that they are only part of the story. The truth is that those who are leading us are a reflection of what we have become as a nation. If you got rid of all of our corrupt leaders that would not suddenly “fix” this country. Millions of ordinary Americans have become deeply corrupt as well. The kinds of things that you are about to read about below were very rare in past generations. Society is falling apart all around us and we haven’t even seen the complete collapse of the U.S. economy yet.

A lot of people like to blame the increasingly bizarre behavior of the American people on the economy, but the reality is that things are not nearly as bad as they are eventually going to be. Yes, the U.S. “Misery Index” recently hit a 28 year high. Tens of millions of American families are deeply suffering. Unemployment is rampant and unprecedented numbers of Americans have been getting kicked out of their homes.

But that is nothing compared to what is coming.

So what is America going to look like when true economic suffering comes along?

That is something to think about.

Also for more information about the causes of this situation.

Raging Inequality May Cause Unrest and Violence In America and the Rest of Western World

Origianl Source

Preface: While conservatives are against redistribution of wealth and liberals want to tax the affluent, conservatives and liberals, the affluent and the less well-heeled should all agree that we have to stop the surge in inequality from rising further:

As Robert Shiller said in 2009: And it's not like we want to level income. I'm not saying spread the wealth around, which got Obama in trouble. But I think, I would hope that this would be a time for a national consideration about policies that would focus on restraining any possible further increases in inequality.

The father of modern economics - Adam Smith - didn't believe that inequality should be a taboo subject

Warren Buffet, one of America's most successful capitalists and defenders of capitalism, points out, "There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war ...."

Conservatives - as well as liberals - are against rampant inequality. But all Americans underestimate the amount of inequality in our country

And while I am not calling for violence, I wonder if this is like South Africa at the end of the Apartheid era, where those in power had to hand over the reins to the majority to prevent violence.

And even if there is not a revolt, we are already seeing increased crime and the breakdown of society. See this and this.

Raging inequality was largely responsible for the Great Depression and for the current financial crisis.

Where will it all end? Looks like we are all about to find out.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I could go throughout American history and give you 15 signs that society is ending too for any period you choose. Doesn't mean today's signs are any worse than other periods of time.

It certainly doesn't mean the end of anything.

Then the question is, why didn't you? If you could go throughout American history and give 15 signs that society is ending for each period, why didn't you? Why not even just a few? Just a few to lend credence to your claim. If you could use historical reference to refute the O.P., then by all means you should. If you could. Could you? So far, the answer seems to be no you can only claim you could, but for what ever reasons, you really couldn't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join