It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King, IHOP among restaurant chains to make healthier kids' meals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its about time..I'm glad to hear they're adding healthier items to the menu's i just hope the parents will order these for there kids to eat ..All i see is alot of chubby kids chowing down on salty burgers and frys and downing never ending cups of pop and the parents allow this..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Ahh, right you are sir. Just realized that the association listed is a NGO type thing. Please disregard my previous post.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe they are jumping on the bandwagon and going to serve more fiber through cellulose. I was just reading something about it here.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks op.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
Maybe they are jumping on the bandwagon and going to serve more fiber through cellulose. I was just reading something about it here.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks op.

adding cellulose to the food isn't really a bad thing...I mean it's in every fruit and veggie you eat as well...so I don't really see much a problem...it's not even unhealthy to do so thus I have no problem with it as long as they let me know just how much they're using...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Starred.

Where do I find a burger king that serves beer?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Starred.

Where do I find a burger king that serves beer?

that's what I want to know haha

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
On the surface, this is great, but like I said, only on the surface.

Most of the time, parents are asking kids what they want to order when they turn up at these junk food places, not ordering for them. If you have a child who has been getting the addictive, unhealthy fare for most of their young lives, they aren't going to turn around and order the healthier veg-fest.
To me, this is just a whitewash to please parents who have not got a clue about proper nutrition for themselves, let alone their children, parents who don't know how those vile little chicken nuggets of doom are made. You can reduce all the sodium you want out of those things, they're still filled with non-food bunkum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join