It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped on Front yard Vegetable garden Woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
i don't see why anyone should even care what is in/on another persons property.

There are subdivisions in which the house owners DO care what their neighbor's yards look like...and that is fine if they all agree from the onset that there will be guidelines on how the yards are going to look. That's why Homeowners' Associations got started. There really are people who care. I'm all for that if each homeowner came on board knowing that what was required of them.

I can understand why an upscale neighborhood with their McMansions and beautiful estates would care about such things and even modest, but cared for housing tracts...it only takes one slothful slob to ruin the looks and value of a whole street.

But, they'd better read their list of rules carefully and if the guidelines are too strict, or restrictive or nonsense then they should move on to a neighborhood that is much more lax with their expectations rather than get in a snit when they feel it is their right to leave their boat out in the driveway, or their 'hobby car', or replace their manicured lawn with a vegetable garden.

I don't think this was the case with this particular yard, it was a city ordinance and a rather vague one...but, once again they create these laws to protect all the homeowners who *do* care about their property values, who take the time to maintain and upkeep their possession, and who do care about the eyesore next door that develops when a lazy pig of a homeowner or tenant allows garbage to pile up, for junk to accumulate, for derelict cars to gather dust or for all the yard to either turn into an overgrown jungle or to die.

It's the same reason that you can't open up a metal-work shop in your garage, or burn big bonfires in your backyard, or play loud music after a certain time...you DO owe it to your neighbors to be considerate. Don't expect your neighbors to be happy with you if you are determined to exercise your 'free spirit' to the detriment of the neighborhood. Unfortunately there are proportionally a large number of people who don't want to behave like a good neighbor...this is why laws need to be enacted.

This lady was trying to make that 'lemonade out of a lemon' in a situation where her yard had been torn up without her blessing. She ran afoul of statutes that were not well defined. If the laws are too vague or outdated, then they need to be scrutinized and changed.

She has the beginnings of a nice yard if she will tend to it faithfully and I hope she goes on to help modify and modernize the laws in her town.

edit on 7/14/2011 by czygyny because: clarification

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Good... now, if we can bring charges against the PA for prosecutorial misconduct for even entertaining the idea of this ridiculous charge in the first place.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I would like to point out a fact you all seem to be missing.

This woman was being wronged by the gov't. People banded together and got the word out via word of mouth, news, and internet. The gov't realized that they have garnered too much publicity in this case and backed off.

They are trying run our lives and think that they can get away with it. Banding together stopped this intrusion into our lives but there are much larger intrusions that we need to deal with.

Let this open your eyes. Use the power of the people, and all of our resources, to return our Country to the "Land of the FREE" and not "The Home of the SHEEPLE".

edit on 14-7-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

You are correct it is very refreshing to see the way this played out and hopefully there can be more of these types of victories in the future!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Whomever initiated the complaint aginst her should be held resonsible for paying back all monies assiociated with the case and should serve jail time. Send a message to others.. Mind you own fing business

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
reply to post by Twisted1

You are correct it is very refreshing to see the way this played out and hopefully there can be more of these types of victories in the future!

Not just yet.. I wanna see someone pay. I want some justice. I want the person who complined originally to be punished and humiliated to send a clear message to the public. Mind your own business

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join