It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at me! I lost everything to the big steal and now I am the "bad guy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes sir, It is my fault all of it. I invested in a system of lies and lost everything including my health once the insurance was gone. Now I get that gravy train ya'll are whining about called social security (actually SSD and food stamps) After working 40 yrs and making six figure for half that, I am now sucking government titty and am damn glad about it. It only took six yrs of trying and slowly going further down hill to get poor enough to get all this money and the minimal medical care someone like me actually gets.
I have a good perspective having had surgery with the best insurance and just having surgery on the medicare dime. If you are on medicare you better know some medicine or you will get screwed while if you have insurance your arse is kissed gently at every point. And the gravy just don't stop with #ty medical (thank god for a good doctor who did the mechanics) it goes on to wondring how we will live thru EVERY month as SSD barely covers the roof. and food stamps only go three weeks not four and we gather and glean food and shop responsibly.
So when I read about "welfare queens" and lavish lives I wondr how they do it. I barely survive and I am frugal as hell.
Oh and my well trained medical office manager wife has been out of work for over a year now, since her former employer retired, as her field is not hiring anywhere we can get to and she gets"you are over qualified" at dress shops and convenience stores. She has put out at least 20 resume`s a week for 59 long weeks.
So just wanted some of you to see the face of a drain on society and the new enemy.
seed

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How could anyone who ,as you claim made a six figure income for 20 years,be broke at the end of it?
No sympathy unless you can give me a real tough luck story

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

At this stature and the condition our system is in, I say so what. Milk the system for all it is worth and maybe it will go ahead tip over the edge and we all can begin again. If the leaders will not fix the issue, then force them by ensuring we run out of money, what ever it takes at this point. Spend it all, heck everybody quit their jobs and go on welfare for all I care.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Seed- I am in the same boat brother.

The railing against SSI, SSD and Medicare is aimed more at those who abuse the system like those who trade children to get more dependents, who coach them on how to exhibit ADD symptoms to gain more money etc. Some inner city communities have actual training sessions instituted by "community activists" on how to work the system to their advantage.

The deck is stacked against hardworking citizens who have put into the system their whole lives and need a hand in surviving rough times due to illness or injury.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Seed- I am in the same boat brother.

The deck is stacked against hardworking citizens who have put into the system their whole lives and need a hand in surviving rough times due to illness or injury.

There is a difference between a hand up and a hand-out! You, like the OP are looking for a hand up! HUGE difference!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

My best to your family brother.You "just keep swimming" in the words of the great Dori.Youve paid into the system and deserve all you can get from it,,,kinda like insurance

NOTE: i wonder how many people will get the Scarface theme in the title

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Oh, I hear You. Though I did not make a six figure income at any time, I am worse than being disabled. I am on "temporary" assistance. $325 for rent, $200 food stamps, $58 for everything I need: TP, laundry, dish soap, toothpaste, brushes, etc.

This after climbing the career ladder to $60,000 a year - a job I lost because of 9/11. And down I went from there. Lost everything. Went homeless. And now on "assistance."

I know the issue with the care diff between insured and medicaid/medicare. It's VERY different.

Best of luck to you.

EDIT to add: Yeah, I am told I am "overqualified" all the time. I have applied to at least 35,000 jobs in the last five years. Maybe as many as 50,000. Lots, anyway. No One is hiring an old arthritic lady when They can have Their pick of fifteen to thirty 20-somethings.
edit on 7/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
not to downplay your circumstances but definately know of and can invision worse situations, just one I find crazy is my younger neighbors who are somewhat newly-weds that hold average jobs and have decided against multiplication

The U.S. isn't alone in violating this pact. According to the International Labor Organization, youth unemployment in most of the world is stuck at about around 20 percent. "Young people [are] nearly three times as likely as adults to be unemployed," says the ILO. In Spain more than 40 percent of young people are unemployed, in Italy it's 28 percent and in France the rate is more than 20 percent.

In the UK, many young people are simply giving up. There, about 40 percent of all unemployed are age 16 to 24, which means almost 1 million young adults are jobless. More than half of the 18- to 25-year-olds questioned in a recent survey said they were thinking of emigrating because of poor job prospects.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
No One is hiring an old arthritic lady when They can have Their pick of fifteen to thirty 20-somethings.

That is because the 20 somethings have been indoctrinated to be unquestioning obedient little workers.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
How could anyone who ,as you claim made a six figure income for 20 years,be broke at the end of it?
No sympathy unless you can give me a real tough luck story

Screw you tough guy if you had reading comprehension you would have read of a 6 year decline to get to broke due to medical issues. In case you don't reaalize if you are self employed and get hurt and can't pay your premium they drop you and good luck getting on again.
All I can say is you'll likely get your chance at understanding first hand here real soon, good luck
seed

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

My best to your family brother.You "just keep swimming" in the words of the great Dori.Youve paid into the system and deserve all you can get from it,,,kinda like insurance

NOTE: i wonder how many people will get the Scarface theme in the title

Let's change the system entirely - such that We ALL can live as today's elite. I offer ideas here in some threads and a novella on the media site:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

If We pass the word far enough, We CAN make it happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

My situation mirrors yours.

Worked my whole life and made it to a consultancy on overhead imagery for the DoD at a GS15 level. I was well over 100 a year for 4 years.

Took me 3 years to go through my savings and I do not by any means live lavishly. Got one 6 year old car, a 13 year old bike with 115,000 miles on it (primary transportation for me) and a small home on Long Island.

We're at the point where the kids eat balanced and nutritious meals while the wife and I live off hot dogs and pasta. All it takes is one accident, one illness and you're screwed- especially if you are an honest and ethical person.

Part of me wants to head into the various low income areas and sit in on one of the "How to defraud the government" workshops run by community organizers but the larger part of me still retains my honor, morals and ethics. I'd rather go hungry than become part of the problem.
edit on 14-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by Amaterasu
No One is hiring an old arthritic lady when They can have Their pick of fifteen to thirty 20-somethings.

That is because the 20 somethings have been indoctrinated to be unquestioning obedient little workers.

Or... The employer thinks a young person will have more energy for the job - especially over an old lady with bad joints.

And if the employer is male - the 20-something females will win out in a heartbeat over any old lady, arthritic or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

well said, is hard for people not born on the "system", or emigrate here from abrod, to get help they need.

years ago i was off work due to a car accident. not even my fault
but was off work for a couple years. now i did at first get some pay from work but that dried out. to say i lived frugally was an understatement in order to try to survive. (ps you can't live on noodle cups). i was even rationing (prob not best thing for someone trying to heal). i even lived at my parents place since they are out of country on business most of the time, (so at least i had a roof over my head).

well the time finally came when even doing this, my cash ran out. i couldn't make it to my doctors (no bus fare). well i was told to go onto welfare until i could return to work. my parents couldn't help much beyond the apartment as their funds were rather tight. well first question asked at the welfare office. "do you have a place to live?", i told them about how i was in my parents place, with them not there. was told that "sorry you don't qualify, since your apartment is considered as income". i basically needed to be out on the streets to qualify for help!

nope the help is NOT there for hard working people only lazy people who know how to play the system.
what makes it really sick is watching people that are ON social assistance and welfare, living in the SAME building, driving decent cars. when i as a person who was hurt and unable to work temporarily got to try to survive with ZERO money.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

My situation mirrors yours.

Worked my whole life and made it to a consultancy on overhead imagery for the DoD at a GS15 level. I was well over 100 a year for 4 years.

Took me 3 years to go through my savings and I do not by any means live lavishly. Got one 6 year old car, a 13 year old bike with 115,000 miles on it (primary transportation for me) and a small home on Long Island.

We're at the point where the kids eat balanced and nutritious meals while the wife and I live off hot dogs and pasta. All it takes is one accident, one illness and you're screwed- especially if you are an honest and ethical person.

Part of me wants to head into the various low income areas and sit in on one of the "How to defraud the government" workshops run by community organizers but the larger part of me still retains my honor, morals and ethics. I'd rather go hungry than become part of the problem.
edit on 14-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

I hear you my friend on the temptation to "work" the system but I have no clue as to how to do it and not go to jail.... hey wait three hots and a cot.... shakes and remembers he still has a daughter to finish raising and a wife
. I will say though if things keep up in order to get enough protien to heal and HOPEFULLY find work that will take a 53 yr old with a lot of broken parts as well as feed us a diet that does not just make us less hopefull (the prison diet of carbs) and so I do not end up screwed due to the diabetes. I am likely to begin culling deer once a month. honestly SFA, if i did not live where I taught my daughter to gather food we would be real shot on greens and friends who hunt and my own good eye get us by. I will not buy non-foods and real food makes the stamps go fast. So yeah I am blessed beyond most because of our family skill in the woods and with a gun. We went almost a year eating what i could shoot (from the road witha severed and infected achilles tendon) and fresh road kill as well as what my wife and daughter collected in the woods so we could keep a roof and heat during winter. We got skinny,and a bit malnourished but we did it.
tell ya what I am physically broken up pretty good but when my achilles is healed(lol) it would not take me much to say screw this and, if she will follow,My wife and I just start walking into the Kalmiopsis wildeness and live wild till I die.
seed
seed

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What are you ,The six million dollar man? Bionic implants? really none of my business but you put it out there for scrutiny by posting the thread.All i can say is i hope you are feeling better now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Here here brother!

VERY well said. At least you live where you can harvest game. I am on Long Island where you can't even kill a resident Canada goose without some enviro-whacko going ape over it. As far as deerr- out here it's all "Bambi" references. Darn things are overpopulated, suffering from TB and chronic wasting but the gods forbid if you harvest one to feed yourself and your family. They make you out to be the love child of Manson and Dahmer

I've been tempted to walk away myself and go off grid. I can hunt effectively, fish (net, trap and line) as well as cultivate plants and harvest wild ones. I can fabricate corned black powder, knapp flint and cast my own bullets. The one thing stopping me is my son who I feel needs socialization and as normal an upbringing as I can provide.

Yet down the road from me is a woman who is a hardcore pill freak. Goes through thousands of vicodins a month. She is classified as having a "disability" and has her rent paid, food stamps, 850 a month in spending money and Medicaid. 5 times a week her son is at my house eating because she spends her money on dope and trades what she buys with food stamps and WIC for additional dope.

I was lucky enough to have private disability insurance that provides some stop-gap relief. As for working unfortunately I am done permanently. I went through a 3 level spinal fusion and discectomy as well as 3 operations on my right leg which keeps me from sitting or moving for any length of time. Bad things happen when you're ejected from a HMMWV at 50mph and hit a guardrail LOL

I've so far been able to avoid Social Security by way of my private insurance. I applied but the process is so damn bewildering and complex I flat out gave up. Some days it just stinks being honest.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am almost solid calcification from the thoracic region to my feet due to congenital spina bifda occulta and a complete lack of concern for injury when young. I have lost ten feet of bowel due to a ruptured appy, been poisoned near to death by pesticides clobbered in the head stopping my home being invaded, triple bypass due to heart attack from poison. Yeah bro it don't want to go back to work and I don't know if I can but circumstances say gotta gotta give it one more go.
As for the city boy who wants to know if I am bionic, come to MY woods and you decide. No legs and I will get by better than you. In fact in some ways being ambulatory disabled in the woods is far easier than in society.And if I do drop dead then the critters can pay for the burial.
SFA, I know the dilemna as I raised my kids secluded, very rural, k-12 until we lost it all. Now we live in a small Oregon town and my woods are only a short drive so we ration our gas and use it for foraging, I am up to walking a few hundred feet now but am down a day after for now,hopefully. I may be delusional or just stubborn but I feel like once I heal up my achilles I have to at least give it one last try.
LOL may all be moot next month any way,eh? the only thing I did not sell of value is my 45-70 government and a strait shooting 22 with 100+lbs ammo for each and we may be eating off of them and my fishing pole next month anyway
seed

top topics

join