It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Plot for Prometheus, the Alien prequel (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That vids brilliant, It's like Bad movies introduced by Buffalo Bill.
I think I need to see part 2 now.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Yea those reviews were awesome. His reviews on avatar were surprising. If they ruin alien with Computer FX I'm going to be pissed. If I was a director I would make it a point to advertize a movie by making a point that I used real special effects.
All the money they made on the first Star Wars movies and they had to cheap out on the FX.I was wondering why i thought the new Star Wars movies sucked aside from crappy CG FX..And they wonder why ticket sales are down in theaters. The wow how did they do that factor was robed from us.

Aside from that I always thought why didn't they make a movie about the origins of the alien ship containing the alien eggs.I'm really looking forward to this one. Hopefully they follow the same formula that made the first one so successful instead of trying to make it better by making it worse with computer CG FX.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Forgive me for skipping much of this thread's inner posts, I just jumped to the end to see if anyone was still calling this a "prequel".

When it was first being written and thought up, the intention was for it to be a prequel to aliens, but recently (earlier this year in July) Ridely started saying things to make people second guess the true nature of this movie.

It seems clear it is based in the Alien's universe, but it is not directly a prequel.

I dunno, You guys probably already covered this, ATS is good at covering all sides.

Just wanted to throw in, for anyone who may expect a real prequel to "Alien"- that the film is surrounded in secrecy, and much has been said (although cryptically) by Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof to help ease "prequel wanters" into the idea of an entirely new mythology with strands of "Alien's DNA".

So, I would expect face huggers, Aliens (those ones, yknow) or Predators to be running around, but instead expect a story that details a sci-fi version of "creation of man" and the back story of the "Space Jockey" (yknow, the huge dead guy in the crashed alien ship in Alien).

So that is what I guess it is about...the human race being created by some advanced race from space, but inside the Alien universe...without everything that we already know...and entirely new story.

I'm actually excited, since Scott hasn't done sci-fi in 25 years now. I'll be giving my cash money to the ticket guy, AND the popcorn guy.

MM
edit on 17-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I pray not.. I hope Scott takes the helm. I've never been a Cameron fan, but Ridley Scott has made some of the greatest movies (and sci fi) of all time) I really hope he goes the extra mile with the budget and doesn't go CG background and creatures. Imagine Alien if it had been cg instead of a puppet. It would have sucked. Same with blade runner instead of miniatures and composites... if that beautiful futuristic city would have been cg like the recent starwars.

I wish film makers would take the tech back to the 80's where it was at its best.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Agreed. Ridley Scott gets SciFi and has been away too long.

I wouldn't put cameron down too much though. Aliens is the equal of alien its just a different type of movie. Its a war movie while Alien is a pure horror movie. Theres no one in the same league. Michael Bay is a hack in comparison. Steve Jackson and Del Toro maybe.

IMHO Cameron needs to concentrate being a good director of other peoples good scripts rather than a good director of his own derivative scripts. (See Avatar).

Still, I suppose with all the money made he doesn't need to listen to anybody else :-)

Personally I'd like to see a James Cameron directed 'Altered Carbon'. Takeshi Kovacs needs to get a movie doing the character and his world justice.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ridley Scott, the confirmed director of the film, was a recent guest at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego and had to say this about his hiatus fromt the Sci-Fi genre and the links of this and the Alien film:

I was actually too busy doing other movies and exploring other genres, so frankly I never actually thought about science fiction until I realized there was something in the first Alien movie that nobody had ever asked the question about.

I thought that could be the centrepiece of what we’ve just completed. That said, that is the only DNA loosely applied to the original Alien. We’ve gone in a different directions, but in the last few minutes of this movie you’ll see what I’m talking about.

And trailer was screened of the movie, but it appears that the Alien Xenomorph creatures will play a small part.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm actually glad we don't see much of the Xenomorphs because we've all seen them done to death in a variety of movies. It'd be like that moment in Terminator: Salvation when you see the T-800 and think "wow cool" and get excited to see it again rather than having to see it throughout the movie like in T3

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yeah maybe it was Ridley Scott I was thinking about, because he done the 1st one didn't he, Cameron done the 2nd.

I will be very interested in this, the only Alien movie I hate is AVP 2 but thats understandable.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hmmm......

I just want them to go ahead and make The Anunnaki

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Very poor quality trailer available on the web now. Looks interesting.

2nd line.

edit on 27-11-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here is the new trailer in HD

Looks fantastic.

If you blink, you'll miss the 4 meter tall ashen skinned black eyed humanoid, wearing a biomechanical suit, standing to the right of the space jockey chair.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Its coming out soon, I am pretty excited about the movie!!

It looks like its a mix of the movie Aliens and Event Horizon. My top sci fi films basically (Event horizon is better IMO)
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoMon, 19 Mar 2012 11:06:45 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The 2nd full trailer is out now

www.youtube.com...

Has even more footage of the space jockey, although beware. It contains spoilers. Hollywood showing too damn much in the trailer again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join