It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Plot for Prometheus, the Alien prequel (Spoiler Alert!!!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Whilst looking through some new trailers for new film releases, I noticed a link to this site which, IMO, gives one of the most interesting takes on humankind in the cinematic sci-fi genre. If this plot line is genuine, this could mean that this film will be similar to that of a dark version of Avatar.

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by a advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God’s home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and his crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission.

Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Li nk
edit on 14-7-2011 by Extreme Pilgrim because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
this is a prequal to alien?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

Interesting indeed. I like how it sort of ties in the whole "garden of eden/tree of knowledge" aspect. As a hugr fan of the Alien series, I'm looking forward to this one.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver

Yes. I think that the "bio weapon" is actually the Alien creatures of the franchise.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of the stories I have researched over the years regarding E.T races.
I like how to make it Biblical also, really trying to press that the Zeta Reticulins are "God" referred to in the Bible.
And this one power hungry human clearly represents Lucifer.
Making the Elite 1% of humanity who survived and made it to their Creators the true "Angels".

Prometheus was always my favorite name when I was a kid. To this day I always joke that when I have a kid I'd name it Prometheus.

Very interesting age we have, where religions of Old are getting complete SciFi makeovers. Hope we won't be expected to deify them too.
edit on 14-7-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yes, it will tell the story of the Company Ripley worked for and how the alien series came to be. Can't wait for this movie and I hope it does the others justice.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hollywood is on ATS

Anyway it sounds interesting but why does the human have to destroy paradise
WHY???
And then is chased back to TERRA with the wrath following. Yup Hollywoods on ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I liked it until some greedy jackass ruins it. Now I don't care about the film, and it started with so much potential.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this also ties in with the first alien movie. Supposedly, the distress signal the Nostromus originally "picks up" and is sent to investigate was from a crashed ship belonging to the Alien Gods. Their bio-weapon had turned on them, The Weyland Corp (at this point they already obtained the knowledge of terraforming) knew this creature was responsible for the crashed ship and sent Ripley's crew there in hope they would bring back the "weapon".

What will be interesting is to see how and if this ties into the AVP timeline.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i doubt its a prequel to alien,its most likely a spinoff with a new alien beast

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow cant wait for this one!! Defiantly one of the scariest movies ever made next to The Thing.
The Thing would be a good movie to make an updated remake of.

When is the release date?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is a picture of a space jockey for those that are curious.

They walk by one that is dead/fossilized in the movie ALIEN.
I've been waiting for this. I'm a huge fan.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
i doubt its a prequel to alien,its most likely a spinoff with a new alien beast

Wiki Link

The Wikipedia will get up updated by film buffs as time goes on for a full story-line. I think the key to this film will be to hold the 'Alien' creatures from the main screen, and merely use them towards the end of the movie as a the doomsday scenario unfolds. Following on from a series of bad Alien films, I trust that Mr Scott will have full control of the reins, and follow on down the path laid down by Avatar, albeit with a disastrous ending.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I vehemently disagree.. the Thing is perfect how it is. You would really want to see a remake with crappy actors and all the amazing, groundbreaking, never topped, special FX turned to CG?!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Wow cant wait for this one!! Defiantly one of the scariest movies ever made next to The Thing.
The Thing would be a good movie to make an updated remake of.

When is the release date?

The Thing remake and it brand new trailer.

Link

link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

It sounds like a prequel.

The Alien Gods mentioned are the race that the 'Space Jockey' in the first alien film belonged too. In Alien its just shown sitting in a large chair/console with an exit hole in its chest. The Alien they found in the hold is the weapon.

The story is about the Space Jockeys which is why it probably wont be called Alien:xxx

I am really looking forward to this. Hopefully it just ignores AVP 1 and 2 completely.

link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

No. it is a prequel. The Space Jockey's ship is where they find the alien eggs in the first movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why can't they leave the classics alone and write new and interesting movies?
The Thing is perfect there doesn't need to be a remake. Why on Earth would they need to remake it?
It's not that old? It make sense when they were remaking old black and white films but remaking movies that are perfect and have no flaws makes to sense. Doesn't everyone prefer conventional fx over cgi?
edit on 14-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry, what I should have said was that the new The Thing movie is a prequel too.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was wondering when that was going to be explained...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join