It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have nothing POSITIVE to share in a thread, DON'T post in it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
K so I started this thread just to let people be aware of something I saw today and almost immediately people are telling me I don't know A THING about music and that my post is a waste of bandwidth and other posts that are off-topic and it almost pisses me off when I get shot down for only posting something that I SPENT MY OWN TIME ON WRITING.
I'm gonna say this once:

If you have nothing positive to post in a thread, don't post at all.

ATS would be a happier place.

edit on 14-7-2011 by iSwag because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by iSwag because: edited subject

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Dude/Chick, I know, i just posted my rant on the same thing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im getting tired of it!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
People are generally for a lack of a better word @##Holes.....

I wouldn't let them get to you.. I know I don't

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Dude/Chick, I know, i just posted my rant on the same thing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im getting tired of it!

Dude* lol. I'm tired of it too man. This one kid I guess created an account on ATS just to post his FIRST post to harass me and try to tell me who I am when he truthfully has no idea who the hell I am. It's sickening at how some people have no respect for others, not even a little bit.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
People are generally for a lack of a better word @##Holes.....

I wouldn't let them get to you.. I know I don't

They don't get to me, they encourage me to post threads/messages like this because I'd like to speak for everyone who encounters these trolls who hide behind their computer screen so they can talk trash and not receive any PHYSICAL punishment...Oh how I'd love to show up some of these fools.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
He created an account to flame you....wow

Anyway, you should have alerted the mods to his post as name calling is nt tolerated

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
He created an account to flame you....wow

Anyway, you should have alerted the mods to his post as name calling is nt tolerated

Thanks brah Ima go do that now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

So you are making another thread, ranting about one reply you got on your previous thread.

Though being positive is important, you have to realize that we live in a world of duality. Gotta have your yang with your yin - that's the way life goes. No one on earth can dictate that.

But once again, that was only one response. You bring up the Illuminati and Tupac, you will most likely get at least one troll in your post. It's just the way it goes, once again.

Australia is a beautiful place, but under every other bush is a poisonous creature. So there's an obvious balance. Like AboveTopSecret, you have to deal with that here too - because guess what, all different types of people come here. Many will not agree with you, some won't even understand you.

Get over it or buy an island, where you can instill laws like "All mean people will be tortured and executed."

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

ATS Dictator # 9,999..............................................

This is a discussion and debate board, not a gated community or a private club. The goal of ATS is to sort the fake conspiracies from the real ones and debate and discussion is how it is done. Some people are not mature enough to debate however. That is just the way it is in the real world. The idea here is not to protect false conspiracies or fantasies or form little cliques of people who sit and agree with each other all day.

If you are talking about T&C infractions however notify the Mod's. If your just wanting your own personally controlled threads, go to Facebook. Threads here are open to comments from any member.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

Nothing pisses me off more than taking the time to write a thread and some idiot comes by and attempts to derail you're thread by posting something obscure about you're thread that really has no relevance to the thread. Very irritating.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You should really grow a thicker skin. You posted something on a PUBLIC forum, it is fair game.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsatrap
You should really grow a thicker skin. You posted something on a PUBLIC forum, it is fair game.

Correcto!

You want everybody to tell you what a genuis you are or else sit on their hands?

There is that old saying. "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Threading/posting on ATS is similar to driving a car. You are you, of course, but all of the others out there are isolated from you by their cars. They are equal to you in that regard and maybe more powerful. Plus, they may cut you off or slow down to let you in front of them. You are asking that they do the latter. It ain't gonna happen,.As drivers are all equal,each having a isolating vehicle for protection, so it is with access to this site. You gotta give everybody room if you are on the same road and don't expect kindness because you want it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm gonna say this once:

i'm gonna ignore it once, noob.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Only an ignorant person gains nothing from others negativity.

Roll with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
dont get so butt hurt because my opinion doesn't match yours.

boohoo, mom there being mean to my thread!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
K so I started this thread just to let people be aware of something I saw today and almost immediately people are telling me I don't know A THING about music and that my post is a waste of bandwidth and other posts that are off-topic and it almost pisses me off when I get shot down for only posting something that I SPENT MY OWN TIME ON WRITING.
I'm gonna say this once:

If you have nothing positive to post in a thread, don't post at all.

ATS would be a happier place.

edit on 14-7-2011 by iSwag because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by iSwag because: edited subject

Although....no negativity...would be good and pleasant ....it is not realistic....people are going to be critical ...at times....that is a part of life....I personally have learned to be tougher....and not to take many comments personally....I just consider the source...and move on.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
some times you need negative feed back to better yourself. maybe you're just being narcissistic and you really don't know anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by iSwag

ATS Dictator # 9,999..............................................

This is a discussion and debate board, not a gated community or a private club. The goal of ATS is to sort the fake conspiracies from the real ones and debate and discussion is how it is done. Some people are not mature enough to debate however. That is just the way it is in the real world. The idea here is not to protect false conspiracies or fantasies or form little cliques of people who sit and agree with each other all day.

If you are talking about T&C infractions however notify the Mod's. If your just wanting your own personally controlled threads, go to Facebook. Threads here are open to comments from any member.

If only you saw the post that made me write this thread, you would know that this person wasn't trying to debate anything or discuss anything and just to harass me for who I am and to put words in my mouth.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, school is out and that normally means ATS will have a influx of moody and negative teens with nothing better to do because they're allergic to the sun apparently. Ever taken a look at a video game forum? Truly depressing places chalked full of sarcasm, rudeness, trendiness and negativity.

Give it a few months and alot of it will go away.

top topics

join