It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Walsh Tells Obama 'Quit Lying' About Debt Ceiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Rep. Walsh Tells Obama 'Quit Lying' About Debt Ceiling

chicago.cbslocal.com

CHICAGO (CBS) – North suburban Republican Congressman Joe Walsh has a new YouTube video on his website – where he tells President Barack Obama to “quit lying” about the impact of not raising the national debt ceiling by Aug. 2.

In a nearly three-minute video released Wednesday, Walsh says, “President Obama, quit lying.” He claims there is plenty of money to pay federal debts and cover the costs of Social Security benefits, even if the debt ceiling isn’t raised by the deadline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Congressman Walsh, I applaud your efforts, but they are in vain. Barack Hussein Obama can't stop lying as it's an integral part of his (lack of) character. This issue may be his Waterloo, but while the cancer that has metastasized in the white House may be gone January , 2013 but that doesn't guarantee the nation's economic survival.

I just happen to be in Chicago this week, and I'm free tomorrow... I might just have to pop into the good Congressman's office and give my thanks. Yes, I know he won't be there,

chicago.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
but while the cancer that has metastasized in the white House may be gone January , 2013 but that doesn't guarantee the nation's economic survival.

That kind of hyperbole loses me. It indicates a position of emotion and not fact. Then when you add in

Republican Rep. Joe Walsh: “White Guilt” the Only Reason Obama was Elected

Meh.

"Why was he elected? Again, it comes back to who he was. He was black, he was historic. And there’s nothing racist about this. It is what it is. If he had been a dynamic, white, state senator elected to Congress he wouldn’t have gotten in the game this fast. This is what made him different… [Voters] were in love with him because they thought he was a good liberal guy and they were in love with him because he pushed that magical button: a black man who was articulate, liberal, the whole white guilt, all of that.”

Not sure I would hitch my wagon to this star just yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In my opinion Joe is right about obama lying, and the constitutional amendment requiring congress to balance the budget.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Looks like the good Congressman was correct in his analysis.

RalphNader said the same thing...

As for the cancer statement, I stand by that as well. His administration has brought us to the brink of the abyss... We totter upon the ledge as we speak...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
Not sure I would hitch my wagon to this star just yet.

No offense to you, but I think everyone on ATS is well aware of which "star" your wagon is hitched to and your utterly blind faith in Obama.

I agree fully with the OP and with Walsh... if Obama wants to play the fear card against the people that "social security checks might not go out", then it's just as fair for the other side of the aisle to play the same card banking on it being a bluff because they KNOW it would be suicide for Obama and the Dem's political career.

I'm not for either party, but I see the problem as people not being able to see both sides of the argument and being biased based on their political beliefs rather than the actual problems in this country.

Both parties created the problem, they both need to resolve it, but we all know that because of the way the two-party system is set up, it will never happen.

A real man (or woman) of virtue, would not consider a compromise a "sign of weakness" when it's REALLY AND HONESTLY for the American people... only someone who stands to lose power in that compromise would feel "weakened" and that is why we are in a stalemate... it's not about the people, it's about power.

S&F OP
and S&F to you Mr. Walsh!

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
No offense to you, but I think everyone on ATS is well aware of which "star" your wagon is hitched to and your utterly blind faith in Obama.

Because I do not think he was born in Kenya, I think he was born in Hawaii, and because I am not a fan of Palin or Bachmann? Is that it? I wonder where all my posts praising Obama are.

I agree fully with the OP and with Walsh... if Obama wants to play the fear card against the people that "social security checks might not go out", then it's just as fair for the other side of the aisle to play the same card banking on it being a bluff because they KNOW it would be suicide for Obama and the Dem's political career.

Right, but it was something totally different when the GOP was doing it, right? "Obama wants to pull the plug on Grandma."

There is a difference between having allegiance to Obama and just recognizing that when one side does something, they lose the chance to call the other side out for it later.

I'm not for either party, but I see the problem as people not being able to see both sides of the argument and being biased based on their political beliefs rather than the actual problems in this country.

Both parties created the problem, they both need to resolve it, but we all know that because of the way the two-party system is set up, it will never happen.

A real man (or woman) of virtue, would not consider a compromise a "sign of weakness" when it's REALLY AND HONESTLY for the American people... only someone who stands to lose power in that compromise would feel "weakened" and that is why we are in a stalemate... it's not about the people, it's about power.

S&F OP
and S&F to you Mr. Walsh!

~Namaste

This seems to be an argument you are having internally as it applies to nothing I have written anywhere on ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Looks like the good Congressman was correct in his analysis.

RalphNader said the same thing...

As for the cancer statement, I stand by that as well. His administration has brought us to the brink of the abyss... We totter upon the ledge as we speak...

Because Ralph Nader said something as well, that makes it correct?
Is this really what you are trying to get me to believe?

I am white and I did not vote for Obama out of white guilt.
I did not vote for Obama.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
what a child running and telling on obama !!! mommy obama told a lie !!!!!

when the republicans stop trying to attach the debt ceiling ot the budget negotiations (historically unprecedented), they can whine. until then, they can, well... you know

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I will say this to Walsh, people didnt vote bush or obama, Clintons in, the elites did, the democracy system our western has is fake.

top topics

join