It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: American Detained in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
An American, was detained in Iran trying to illegally enter the country from Pakistan, Iranian state television reported. The American is unidentified at this time but Al-Jazeera claims the detained to be a Jewish-American. Iran is one of the countries President Bush called the "Axis of Evil". Israel-Iran relations are very shaky at this time with each, issuing threats at each other in recent weeks over Iran's nuclear program.

www.aljazeera.com
Iranian security forces have detained a Jewish American man for illegally entering Iran from Pakistan, state television reported Friday.

The TV report did not identify the man. It said he was arrested Tuesday in Sistan-Baluchestan, a province in southeastern Iran that borders Pakistan.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be interesting to see who this person is, what was this person going to Iran for, and as soon as I find something updating this breaking news, I will update the story. Details are lacking but one thing that jumps out so far is the fact that most US news reports just say an American is missing while Al-Jazeera is labeling the person a Jewish-American.

Related News Links:
www.nynewsday.com
www.wjla.com

[edit on 8-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I remember another Jewish American who was doing something sneaky. Unfortunately we will probable never know what Mr. Berg was up to.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
American citizens are allowed to enter Iran provided they obtain a visa beforehand.

ISNA said the man was a Jewish Californian who was detained by security forces Tuesday after crossing the Pakistani border apparently en route to Turkey.

State television said the arrested man was "probably American" and had been detained as he attempted to leave Iran, but Interior Ministry officials said they could not confirm the arrest.

Reuters

The United States severed diplomatic relations with Iran in 1980 after militants stormed the US Embassy in Tehran and held 52 occupants as hostages for 444 days.

The U.S. had contacted Switzerland, which looks after U.S. interests in Iran, but has not yet received confirmation of the identity of the individual and cannot verify at this time that he is an American citizen.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very interesting, I also will like to know what he was doing in Iran.

He probably be accuse of spying and there we go again with an international incident and US link to the Israelis.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Tough break for the spy. He also made it.

new topics

top topics

join