It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP source: FBI investigating News Corp.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

AP source: FBI investigating News Corp.

hosted.ap.org

By TOM HAYS
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) -- A law enforcement official says the FBI has opened an investigation into allegations that media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. sought to hack into the phones of Sept. 11 victims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It looks like the ball is well and truely rolling on this one.

Better late than never Americans...join in, the waters lovely.

It's funny to think how a nondescript story about Prince Williams knee now threatens to bring down one of the biggest media empires in the World ( I think only Disney is bigger).

And to think, if the news that they hacked into a dead schoolgirls voicemail hadn't came out, nobody would have cared.

Admittedly the FBI scource is anonymous, but it's a start.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Congress said they want an inquiry into the hacking of cell phones of dead 9/11 victims. So maybe this is the FBI working at a Congressional request, or possibly a separate investigation all together.

Whatever the reason for the investigation, I hope they punish the bastard.

Anyone that can do that is a sick person.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Huray!! Maybe they'll turn up some more dirt on the media empire!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like Cyberwar to me...

still watching...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You do all realise that this IS going to end with governments having much more authority over the press and that it will be a really bad thing, if we're not very, very, careful everything the media publishes will have to be vetted and approved by whatever government you have stamping on you in hobnailed jackboots. Welcome to the "Free World version 2.0"
Our British government is leading with this assault, but you Yanks are jumping straight on the bandwagon now that it looks like our jackbooted overlords are getting away with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Though I understand the point you're making, with all due respect the pursuit of Newscorp is nothing to do with government control, it's to do with the illegal invasion of thousands of people's privacy by a private corporation and bringing charges against the people who hacked into the phones of celebrities, politicians and victims of highly publicised crimes and terrorist attacks. It's about time the government started going after the media monopolies.

Until recently governments and the people they represent have essentially been under the whip hand of the media, hopefully this will level the playing field a bit. I'm sure it's no secret to you or anyone else reading this the sort of bias and outright lies injected into Murdoch owned rags and television shows. His papers could essentially ruin anyone he or his underlings didn't agree with.
edit on 14-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I see News Corps share price dropped from 16.40 to 16.00 very suddenly Today, probably in conjuction with the AP press release into the FBI investigation.

Five days ago the share price was about 17.30. I wonder what it would have been if they hadn't pumped $5 billion back in to shore it up?

There are going to be some unhappy shareholders out there. The mafia empire is crumbling.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
You do all realise that this IS going to end with governments having much more authority over the press and that it will be a really bad thing, if we're not very, very, careful everything the media publishes will have to be vetted and approved by whatever government you have stamping on you in hobnailed jackboots. Welcome to the "Free World version 2.0"
Our British government is leading with this assault, but you Yanks are jumping straight on the bandwagon now that it looks like our jackbooted overlords are getting away with it.

What on earth are you talking about? Please name me one change in the law that has occurred since this unfolded? Please name me any conviction that has occurred. NOTHING has changed yet. Are you so wrapped up in global world order conspiracies that you can't see something unfolding here or you can but it conflicts with your belief system.

Let me spell it out.

It is quite clear that either:

A. There is a global conspiracy and that all this phone tapping is part of a known behaviour organised by the media moguls and government to direct us towards more control. That all the outraged politicians and celebs are all lying and were willing participants in the conspiracy.

OR

B. This is exactly what it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god shock horror. A media mogul and newspaper editors going way beyond the law to get a story to sell papers to make money. They spied on politicians and celebs some of which was known but (supposedly) not enough evidence to prosecute because oh my god shock horror the police were corrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No NWO no global conspiracy but YET AGAIN exactly what I keep saying. Some people in powerful positions behaving badly (illegally) to maintain control and power. Human nature at its worst and not all politicians lying just human beings caught up in the same crap.

Take your choice : paranoid or reality.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Couldn't agree more. As I have said in previous posts, this has been goin on for years and no one would have been slightly interested if it hadn't been exposed Milly Dowlers phone had been hacked. If it had not been for the Guardian and some MP's brave enough to question the Murdochs, this whole thing would have died a death and people would be carrying on as if nothing had happend.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Remember it's Rupert Murdoch that started Fox News. Perhaps the Sr. Rupert and News Corp still have ties to Fox. What a tangled web.

edit on 14-7-2011 by whaaa because: here's your reason

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I must admit to all the members, that I have a bad feeling about this, from soup to nuts.

What we are looking into (by means of our public servants) could very well lead us to the old 'fox watching the hen-house' scenario. Speaking of Fox..... I wonder how they got their waiver to own multiple news media outlets in the same markets? That would involve the FCC, no?

How far does corruption go.... are we prepared to be "not" surprised again?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I certainly hope for ATS members it does no go as far to ATS owners and such,

Everyone is speculating on this scandal, what should be more worrying to members and owners is the outcome of these investigations.

Will it bring the kill switch on the net?

Who knows but alot of politicians are using this opportunity to get even with, the media as far as i am concerned and we the public are fallen or it.

new topics

top topics

join