It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

You are definetly not crazy my friend. My dad, who is an extremely intelligant and observant person, made the same exact comment to me today. I was confused at first but he makes a good point.
The sooner it collapses, the sooner we can rebuild.
He's pretty young so I guess he wants to apart of the revolution lol
I on the other hand think that there is a spiritual awakening of some sort to come and feel as if the gvt collapsed it would bring us so much closer to that time.
And I also believe that the collapse of the gvt would be more like collapse of all public services and martial law and torture, or just no electricity and all that good stuff =]
were, or im, not that much adapted yet
but que sera, sera right?

BTW he's a hippy and a gvt official (if you cant beat em join em) and we think that if the collapse did happen we,as a people, have the ability to overcome the corrupt, if we choose to. Join us?
edit on 14-7-2011 by pattyngayle because: Short term memory loss

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by overseer1136
reply to post by etombo

You dont even need to "Hoard" survival gear you only need what you can carry quickly and use with proficiency. Not everyone will be able to start a fire without a lighter and most wont be able to provide food for themselves without a gun which give away their location to any would be pursuers or other ill wishers. Simple, lightweight, and compact. This reply probably belongs in a different thread.

IZZ EE-ZZZZ huh? Allyou hoping for "chaos" : Go to your home electrical box( breaker panel) this friday night and turn off your electrical service til Monday morning, turn off your city water service,cable/internet too,sleep by your front door with one eye open and your well stocked assortment of weapons locked and loaded..Eat only whats in your house all weekend. only battery powered devices allowed. Come back and tell us how "free" you feel and nobody even threatened you for your "kibble" yet...

Realize you still owe your debts;federal soldiers could bang on the door at any minute : involuntarily conscripting you into national "work brigades"; they could by executive order relieve your home of all useful supplies.and assign you some where to live apart from your family. Thankyou FEMA.

You people wishing forcollapse are being unrealistic.
The"strong"(i.e.mean,unscrupulous.,evil, and previously wealthy ") will still rule.
Anything "freeing" you think you could only do after a collapse can be done more easily now before it.because you aren't spending all day scouring the neighborhood for dandelion greens for supper while your gf watches your back with a rifle.

In summary our system has its problems and accumulated inequities; but like holding a huge venomous snake by the head if you let go of controlling the head it just might whip around and bite you in the azz. guaranteed.the odds are better for a bad outcome; rather than the1000 to one of free falling into a smooth perfectly fair replacement system.

edit on 14-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes I think you are crazy, WHY WOULD YOU WANT A COLLAPSE, ESPECIALLY IF IT USHERS IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER?????? Doesn't make sense to me. Sorry if thats rude, but you asked.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

No, I don't know what it would be like if there was a "collapse". Are we talking a economic collapse, government breakdown? Seriously what would happen?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In short

YES!!

Wth would you want something like this to happen?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fdcows
reply to post by Misterlondon

No, I don't know what it would be like if there was a "collapse". Are we talking a economic collapse, government breakdown? Seriously what would happen?

Remember Katrina?
folks went without basic services for weeks(months) private security contractors patrolled ( ran amok?) Gangs ran amok;cops ran amok; guns were confiscated by the dictates of tinhorn local politicians (mayor Nagin & the chief of New Orleans police). guard units were federalized.politicians took photo ops looking concerned and trading blame.Old folks in nursing homes died in their diapers and wheel chairs..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

yes I want the collapse to happen. Taking the power away from the elites-aristocratic greedy self centeredpowe hungries. re-newing life by starting at the bottom only making better decisions as to who we allow to govern us.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
although im from sweden, i´m having the same feeling, tired of this pointless "living to survive and enjoy yourself-no real goals" attitude most ppl in the world have today, i say we need something BIG to happen to unite us and set a common goal, if the have something to work against, i´d wager we would all be more efficient and driven. So the collapse yes, plz.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Okay, explain to me how that would happen. I want to know the breakdown of it. Katrina is not a good example though,as that was a disaster, which prevented mobility, which in turn cut off services. I'm not being sarcastic just want to know.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is a word for this, it comes from German origin. Something about wishing the evil powers to collapse.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nope.. like starting a new round of bingo..

B34? ANYONE HAVE IT? NOPE, THERE GOES WALLSTREET

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Your not crazy, you just want change....I do understand that;

HOWEVER
A collapse could mean complete and total chaos for who knows how long! Do you have enough food and water storage for a year? What about your family and loved ones. Do you want to see the elderly, small children, the sick and dying lying in the streets? What to do with all the dead from hunger and starvation?

Chaos becoming reality is really nothing to be excited about......

It would be horrific....Imagine the sights, smells of decay.....

You must not have any children because if you did, you wouldnt wish this upon them....

Also....if this collapse did happen.....there would be a lot of anger exhibited by the public.....riots etc......then we may be put under marshal law....and then many may be put in the fema camps. I am afraid....we all need to pray they come to a solution.

edit on 14-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I guess what I am saying is that it is unrealistic to believe that our country would fall into such a emergency state because of a governmental breakdown. Yes some people will not be going to work for a bit and it would cause disruptions. For people who can only survive based on purchasing to have their basic needs met, well they may be screwed for a bit. Our electricity, gas , town water are things run by employees of those facilities. Most will still go to work , without pay to ensure those services are not interrupted if only to make sure their families and themselves have what is needed. Despite the medical area being a profit based institution many doctors and nurses are caring and will continue to provide medical services, but only necessary ones for the time. People will step up and organize and volunteer. many people may panic but after a bit they will resume to doing what needs to be done.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Irrational not crazy I agree. Noone should want any form of collapse. Those that do, tend to have a vision of how things might be, a romantic shall we say fantasy of surviving.....but I'm sure that vision didn't include slurping down dog food or having to use a Sears catalog to wipe the rear end. Which is the reality of it..

We're all tired of the crap...but refrain from hoping an event that will affect so many innocents to happen. When all we want is maybe the roof to fall in on those in charge and knock some common freaking sense into them.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Will our homes disappear? Will people stop growing gardens and having small farms? Will cows suddenly dry up? The fish vanish from our lakes and streams? or will it be that some people are so lazy to get up and help themselves because they are so used to relying on government handouts? Is it to hard to walk a couple of miles if needed to pick some corn? Are families so cruel to their elderly they will leave them to starve in their homes? Hardship i would expect , but not elderly and children laying dead in the streets well people run around panicking cause they lost their stocks...lol. I have no doubts that the criminal elements would take advantage of this situation..but seriously. I guess I just don't understand the ramifications of a non working government.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptCaveMan

Why would you have to eat dogfood?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
LOL....same reason for the sears catalog....general collapse (not just economic) Goods stop going out, or you can't buy them etc and so on...forces you to scrape by with what you can salvage.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by overseer1136
reply to post by etombo

You dont even need to "Hoard" survival gear you only need what you can carry quickly and use with proficiency. Not everyone will be able to start a fire without a lighter and most wont be able to provide food for themselves without a gun which give away their location to any would be pursuers or other ill wishers. Simple, lightweight, and compact. This reply probably belongs in a different thread.

IZZ EE-ZZZZ huh? Allyou hoping for "chaos" : Go to your home electrical box( breaker panel) this friday night and turn off your electrical service til Monday morning, turn off your city water service,cable/internet too,sleep by your front door with one eye open and your well stocked assortment of weapons locked and loaded..Eat only whats in your house all weekend. only battery powered devices allowed. Come back and tell us how "free" you feel and nobody even threatened you for your "kibble" yet...

Realize you still owe your debts;federal soldiers could bang on the door at any minute : involuntarily conscripting you into national "work brigades"; they could by executive order relieve your home of all useful supplies.and assign you some where to live apart from your family. Thankyou FEMA.

You people wishing forcollapse are being unrealistic.
The"strong"(i.e.mean,unscrupulous.,evil, and previously wealthy ") will still rule.
Anything "freeing" you think you could only do after a collapse can be done more easily now before it.because you aren't spending all day scouring the neighborhood for dandelion greens for supper while your gf watches your back with a rifle.

In summary our system has its problems and accumulated inequities; but like holding a huge venomous snake by the head if you let go of controlling the head it just might whip around and bite you in the azz. guaranteed.the odds are better for a bad outcome; rather than the1000 to one of free falling into a smooth perfectly fair replacement system.

Because you were there the last time a collapse such as this happened. You were there for America's last default, as well as the Ukrainian, Yugoslavian, and Polish defaults. You were there when people went to the grocery store with ration stamps only to find vinegar on the shelves.

Things would get dire, but those who are crafty and part of the underground will always persevere.

I guess what I am saying is that it is unrealistic to believe that our country would fall into such a emergency state because of a governmental breakdown. Yes some people will not be going to work for a bit and it would cause disruptions. For people who can only survive based on purchasing to have their basic needs met, well they may be screwed for a bit. Our electricity, gas , town water are things run by employees of those facilities. Most will still go to work , without pay to ensure those services are not interrupted if only to make sure their families and themselves have what is needed. Despite the medical area being a profit based institution many doctors and nurses are caring and will continue to provide medical services, but only necessary ones for the time. People will step up and organize and volunteer. many people may panic but after a bit they will resume to doing what needs to be done.

That's what's more likely to happen. You act as if good men cease to exist during times of tribulation. It is true that some men who are inherently evil would take opportunity to act on their impulses but, IMHO, reason would prevail.

Contrary to popular belief on capitol hill, I think that the majority of people, not just Americans, ARE reasonable folk.

There just has been so much dumbing down of the masses and "rat-race" lifestyles that we won't truly notice this until the system comes down.

Look guys. CHECK YOUR HISTORY.

Your labor HAS to be tied to something FINITE, otherwise your LABOR is WORTHLESS.

This should be a bumper sticker, actually, hehe.

This has been another edition of "Real Talk"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I believe that if it could possibly get to the point where money stopped flowing our services would still continue with service tradeoff. All money is , is the value of our work , we use that value to attain products from other peoples work. In fact I have already come across bartering sites. The only thing I fear about the idea of a collapse, is the open window for the enemy to sneak in, ( terrorists) But I'm pretty sure there are safety nets to continue our countries defense during emergencies. I'm not positive about that, but I feel pretty safe making that assumption.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The collapse is still months away, if not a year. Things will not go to crud one day, just be sure to be ready

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join