I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Obama and the Republican leadership concerning the debt ceiling talks, it appears the collapse is rapidly approaching.

And I'm happy about that. Problem is, am I crazy?

You're not crazy, I have to admit that I too would just like to just get the pain over with once and for all. But it's nothing to be happy about, not at all. What we may face will make the Great Depression look like a picnic in the park by comparison. We've become so dependent upon our infrastructure (I'm talking about roads, power, water, sewer, etc.) that if it comes crashing down we're going to be in a serious world of hurt. Depression era people were used to washing stuff by hand & hanging it outside, growing their own food, digging latrines and living without air conditioning. When the depression hit they had to fall back on what they already knew. We on the other hand, rich, poor or in the middle, depend completely on our infrastructure for these things. What remains to be seen is if/ when we crash, will we be able to maintain our infrastructure? It's not clear.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
So after five pages of odd discussion, are you still wanting the collapse? It is gonna get stinky..

Yes, bring the doom. Hope y'all are ready.

I take it you never played Half-life 2?
If you haven't, I would suggest you do so, then rethink your answer to your question.
Because it will be messy, grueling, and most importantly we will all wish for nothing more then a hot shower and to once again lay in bed and watch TV. I agree with changing our lives, but destroying them in the process is not the solution.
I'd fight for my right to live how I do now more then anything, because this is freedom, you just don't realize it.
The nightmare of going through the collapse of a nation and the factions that will fight for it's control is nothing short of a personal catastrophe. Tough choices to make.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Thank you my friend.
NAMASTE

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by generik

However, it only stands "true" for you as long as you personally are content. Because if you were starving somewhere in Africa, or your parents were killed by American troops in Pakistan, or homeless in America, then the trade off of uncertainty about who comes into power could only be a good thing. It couldn't possibly get worse.

that is one of the pitfalls people fall into, anything would be better than what we have currently.

i can't say i'm overly content about the way things are and seem to be going. it is possible to starve in north america, i know as i had to try to live with ZERO income for an extended period of time. ok so i haven't had friends or family killed yet (who knows how long that will last here). but the thing is there is absolutely no guarante that things will become better. in fact it is only a tiny chance it will for everyone. a few people suffering under an unjust system now could come off better. just like for example tribe a was in control and are a member of tribe b who is basically a slave, through revolt at the unjust system, tribe b gets into power. what do you suppose happens? does tribe b treat everyone fairly? well tribe c and tribe d may do a little bit better, but in all likelihood tribe a becomes the new slaves. nothing has really changed, just who the elite and slaves are.

how if the system collapsed would you guarantee that things would not get worse? that the wrong person/s would not become the new leaders? how do you guarantee that you would not be killed under the new regime as under the old? YOU CAN'T. that is part of the danger of falling into the "things can't be worse"trap. i keep falling into that type of thinking, but you know what? the unthinkable happens and it DOES get worse, time and time again. things can get worse. you might be killed, everyone you know has been killed, guess what you are still alive, could get worse and be dead. earning not even enough to survive? well you could have nothing at all. your country is corrupt and broke? laws are unfair and biased? still better than the guy who gets into power killing anyone who looks at him wrong, and have to be maimed in order to receive food. no mater what things can ALWAYS be worse. until you are dead and no longer caring anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

True that! 99% people of today have no idea how to live without the infrastructure. Well, guess they'll either relearn those lost ways or perish.

Damn, I actually want this to happen? Someday I may regret these wishes...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well, I'm no Gordon Freeman, that's for sure. You really think the doom future will be full of cool puzzles to solve?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Are you crazy if you want to see an economic collapse? Yes, most definitely.

No, anyone who wants to keep the illusion of an "economy" going, is crazy.
Anyone who wants to perpetuate this crap, is crazy.
Anyone who wants things to 'stay as they are" simply so they can continue to "be comfy" is crazy.

Not just an "economic" collapse..
But the collapse of the entire system that keeps all this BS going.

Anyone who wants to continue living the lie, is "crazy".
Beyond crazy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Make sure to have a crowbar during the collapse. The most handy tool ever.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Geez, where's your sense of adventure? Periods of doom are always followed by a rebirth of hope and growth. Take the dark ages for instance....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
not yet ok so the end comes the US says it has no funding left no welfare no SS no TSA DHS FBI CIA Mil pay checks, no GOV at all ???? yea right get real people this will not happen, if it did then there is only Marshal Law to keep order and then it will be KING OBAMA, for all gov would cease to exist. Just think No IRS or would there be? Is the IRS a GOV entity?. the Corporation's would be at work for they have other contracts not just GOV ones, schools would be open hospitals would be , but you might get turned away if you get MED care, the retired would be out in the street no SS for them to pay bills with nor could they get their meds. would John B (the crying John for he cry's more than anyone on the hill) put up with this ? I think not it is all just a bluff if not then let it fall but it does not mean TSHTF, the IMF would say the US is default they will take state lands as payment CA AK and TX will be the first sold off, NY FL and OR would be next prim real estate don't ya know, the rest of the states would be sold off as needed to cover interest court cost and for the fun of knowing the China UK and Russia can own a piece of the once US. and not one shot will be fired, why? because you will not know it happened, just like when Japan bought the city of NY. look it up 95% was owned at one time by japan banks investor's and others with ties to japan, ok so i answered my own question www.irs.gov...
edit on 14-7-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm part of the problem too.. I buy beer from Japan, Wine from Australia, Coffee from Brazil. And that is my point. This system perpetuates suffering and I want it to end. I fully understand that I probably wont survive if it does, but my hope for us is that those who do realize that we need to do things differently. We need to shift from a paradigm of Competition to one of Co-operation.

Sorry if I was harsh with you.. I'm feeling feisty today and ATS is my outlet to feed my ego..

Namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

why not spend some time looking at the label? made in THE USA should be the only products in your home, show the would we will not let you take us down, ya i know wishful thinking, not when Made in the USA is 2-5$ dollars more, an din some cases a lot more than that.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So I've been told. I for one, welcome our new power vacuum filling New World Order overlords.

For what reasons?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Everything will be alright.. At least I try to believe there are more good than bad people for when things go wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Good luck finding made in America consumer electronics, but yes I agree we should buy locally whenever possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmaker

Well, I'm no Gordon Freeman, that's for sure. You really think the doom future will be full of cool puzzles to solve?

I didn't mean the Gordan Freeman aspect, I was talking more in the sense of City 17.

the Police State (Civil Protection) patrols the streets, there is urban decay of it's abandoned structures,
eventually the metropolis is turned into a warzone due to a civilian rebellion against "their" rule.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

glade you asked some can be found here americansworking.com... not all but most now if your looking for a Made in the USA computer then go here www.computersmadeinusa.com... yes ma, I am for the USA still.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
how many think John B will let the USA go down?
How many think obama just does not care, he just wants... his way?
How many feel that this is a for real TSHTF?
How many do not care?
How many feel this is all just a poly to get some hidden agenda passed?
how many think it is all the above?
How many say John B will say tax the rich?
I say: if John B is for real he will tax the rich, Obama want's his way, and will get some hidden agenda passed, gun ban? obama care? pay raise, like all the rest received when the asked for a bail out, and if it is the end let it come. www.cnn.com...
edit on 14-7-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks for the links! I wish I had that information before I bought my computer.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

sell it on ebay then buy the one made in the USA, now back to thread anyone seen this?KING OBAMA it shall be news.yahoo.com... from the link

Earlier this week, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, unveiled a proposal that would give Obama the power to raise the debt ceiling without the consent of Congress. That would be the least desirable option, McConnell said, but a necessary gambit in the event the parties cannot reach a deal. During a press conference today, Boehner threw his support behind McConnell's escape plan.
note the big news here from the last line

Boehner threw his support behind McConnell's escape plan
and all of you were worried.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join