It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It is amazing how convinced everyone is in this forum of this collapse that WILL happen. I work for a considerably large financial entity.. I am not aware of any such collapse. We are told about trends years in advance, we prepared for the housing bubble to burst... We are not preparing for the end of the world guys..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

These bad things in this discussion have yet to occur. See the original post.. He is talking about the future.....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

If people really believed in this imminent collapse they should probably start selling their goods and buying other things to sustain their lives.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Buddy.. Open your eyes.. the world doesn't stop at the mexican border... Billions of people live in poverty. We have enough food to feed them and not enough will to make it happen..

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Maybe we have...maybe we have.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
reply to post by shug7272

You speak as if you are in control of the situation. I realize this makes you feel empowered, but you are suffering from delusions. You have no more say in what happens than I. Your desires to see the collapse averted are no less influential than mine to see it come crashing down.

I don't control a thing but you are just being silly. Understand what is and always has been the way human life works. The people who benefit from all the luxuries their power and wealth can afford them lose everything in a scenario you are talking about. They play many games like D vs. R but in the end the game that always wins out is lookout for number 1. They control things and write the rules the world plays by. There are certain things they can not fully control but they have a differing amount of control over everything. That is very powerful and I speak from history. The way things work are empires don't fall over night, they degrade at a slow pace; they also rise at a rather fast pace but none the less they degrade slowly. They fall apart. Things are degrading but no nukes will be brought out like you hope, it will never happen. You need to find thrills elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
New corruption would just rise again, starting the cycle all over again. It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I am saying that you believe in scary thoughts but obviously are not concerned about preparing for these scary thoughts. The other day you told me to get my head out of the sand because of a collapse and then made a post telling someone to put a cap of bleach in a gallon of water to purify it? May be you have been drinking cap fulls of bleach or something. IF you really believed what you preach you would figure that you out of all people with insider information would know how to purify water without making it nearly toxic. I suppose I should leave your car out of it, what I meant was that someone is so sure of the end would likely not have such a luxury.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

That's a great response, and well put. However, it only stands "true" for you as long as you personally are content. Because if you were starving somewhere in Africa, or your parents were killed by American CIA drones in Pakistan, or homeless in America, then the trade off of uncertainty about who comes into power could only be a good thing. It couldn't possibly get worse.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by Starwise

Exactly.. People who want these bad things to happen are sociopaths or something right?

No, the sociopaths are the ones in power RIGHT NOW making it happen. The ones who merely want it to happen are lunatics.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

hahaha...

Let me say it here. There is an upper echelon of society that has a huge web of board of directors that control everything. I am going to try and get there. Hopefully I make it high enough so I do not hear all of the whining.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

You're right, through out history everyone has had food until now. Thank you for opening my eyes.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am saying that you believe in scary thoughts but obviously are not concerned about preparing for these scary thoughts. The other day you told me to get my head out of the sand because of a collapse and then made a post telling someone to put a cap of bleach in a gallon of water to purify it? May be you have been drinking cap fulls of bleach or something. IF you really believed what you preach you would figure that you out of all people with insider information would know how to purify water without making it nearly toxic. I suppose I should leave your car out of it, what I meant was that someone is so sure of the end would likely not have such a luxury.

I don't see how you would know whether or not he is "prepared" or not anymore than you would know if I or anyone else is prepared. Maybe having a collector car is being prepared...just like holding on to gold, or silver or cash or food stocked up. I think it's okay to have "scary" thoughts sometimes, it's a survival instinct and one that has a purpose in our lives. To never be scared and to think that "all is well" in this world is scary, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I like you.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sounds like were all gonna get it ...3 weeks us runs out of money ..just watched it on france 24 news..and us cant agree what to do
..think whole worlds in a bad place ..let it go down..i say..lets have a clear out..world war to follow ..just kidding on the war front.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

if you would have read that post, i corrected myself on the "Cap full of bleach" and said a drop or two. I live in a area were i dont need to store water so i did not really know.

I just posted early i dont need anything else to "prepare" so i dont need to sale my car. I told you to get your head out of the sand because it sounds like you dont know whats going on. i Apologies, maybe you do know.

I do belive there will be a collapse but im not hoping for it. those are two different things. A collapse would be horrible but non the less im ready for it and im hear to help and explain to other the ifs ands or buts
edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by etombo

You dont even need to "Hoard" survival gear you only need what you can carry quickly and use with proficiency. Not everyone will be able to start a fire without a lighter and most wont be able to provide food for themselves without a gun which give away their location to any would be pursuers or other ill wishers. Simple, lightweight, and compact. This reply probably belongs in a different thread.

link   

reply to post by Cryptonomicon

hahaha...

Let me say it here. There is an upper echelon of society that has a huge web of board of directors that control everything. I am going to try and get there. Hopefully I make it high enough so I do not hear all of the whining.

Well at least you admit it! And you aren't doing it for greed, you are doing it to avoid annoying whiners! You sir, are a humble man with a noble quest.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I read your response. You should probably to stock up on carb cleaner, the apocalypse will get dusty.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We should organize a fall out shelter party somewhere. I think it will be fun. This way we can celebrate impending doom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join