It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Nah, don't let what's been building make you want it to come to a head just yet. We've all been conditioned to fear, and fear, and fear, until we yell "uncle." If the US goes down, so will many countries around the world follow suit, and then misery everywhere will abound, worse misery than what we see today. Living without electricity and food will quickly make the planet implode. We must keep on informing each other and make even small changes wherever we can.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How do you decide who they are? I was at a place in my life when I had nothing. Within a decade I have a house, a nice car that is absolutely ridiculous for me to drive. I have a job, nice clothes and things that make people hate me. I earned it all, but the problem is in casting judgment. It is impossible for you to know all the circumstances that landed someone in a good place. It comes off as jealousy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Your not crazy you are human. When humans get bored their imagination goes wild. You want to find adventure and excitement. In the end whether you believe in God or not the end will come. Either God will reclaim the earth in destructive fire or the sun will burn out if we are not hit by a rouge comet first. In the end nothing that any of us have done will matter. That is depressing in reality so you want adventure and something to take your mind off of it. Be it reading, conspiracies, watching tv, hiking, etc. the brain will entertain itself. So find something entertaining to do and enjoy life, in the end it is the only thing you can do for yourself that matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by camaro68ss

With such concern about impending doom and shortage of supplies is that why you drive a car that gets 10 mpg?

That's probably why he doesn't want the collapse to happen: Looters will destroy his cherry 68 Camaro SS

In other words, he's apposing the collapse for purely selfish reasons.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
yes

whatever internet entertainment it may provide, or political advantage may be gained, will be slightly off set by people suffering and even dying

if the gov't defaults, the central bank does not go away. the rich pissing on us does not go away

what goes away is safety nets and benfits programs for those of us in the greatest need, and an entire generation of new graduates and youg people will be lost to the depression that follows

this will not be a US thing, it would be global

the one good part is illegal immigration will stop since it will be better in mexico

(that's sarcasm, settle down)

the really fun part is with the entire infrastructure in this country falling apart, we won't be able to maintain it, and it will crumble before our eyes

so yes, you are nuts

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Excellent points. That's where I'm coming from too - we won't see true "change" until we all go through a little bit of hell.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

With such concern about impending doom and shortage of supplies is that why you drive a car that gets 10 mpg?

What the F*** does my car and what i drive have anything to do with this. if its my choice to pay $5 a gal for gas then i have the right to.

2nd its a show car so i put maybe 200 miles on it a year if that.

try not to derail this thread please

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I do not think it is odd that you are happy about something like that. 90% of the people on this forum are grasping for tragedy. It is so predictable it is sickening. People want to be a part of something huge or be right about something huge before it happens. The "I told you so" is at the core of this site. It is odd that so many people want so badly for bad things to happen. I guess what I am saying is I am not surprised you, a person on ATS wants bad things to happen. If I worked with you it may be odd. This website is skewed, not a representative sample of the true population. In relation to society it is odd that you want bad things to happen, but not here

You make some good points etombo. But I think you're forgetting that humans tend to get very frustrated and hopeless when they feel powerless to stop what they feel is inevitable. And will finally start thinking, "lets just get it over with." So not everyone has the mindset you speak of. Some people are just tired and frustrated to the point of anger or tears.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

That's probably why he doesn't want the collapse to happen: Looters will destroy his cherry 68 Camaro SS

In other words, he's apposing the collapse for purely selfish reasons.

Looters would not be able to take my car. its in the garage. If SHTF. i brake the garage counter balances off making the door 350+ pounds to open, lock it, and take the alternater out of the car. big deal, then i run for the hills

Im sorry i have a nice car and am not poor like you.

Yes the collapse will kill millions, why would you want that? and what does this thread have to do with my car and what i drive? can you help me out?
edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think collapse is just part of the natural cycle. If history has taught us anything at all... it is that no civilization continues on unabated upward progress forever.

Some civilizations rise and then fall, some persist but experience highs and lows...but nothing stays the same forever.

One thing is true though for the people who find themselves in a period of collapse...it is not good times!!! People who have wet dreams of collapse will find it more of a nightmare if it really comes.

Where I have tried to focus my thoughts is on my family and friends. It's important that you are close to the people that matter to you if times are good or even if they are not. That's something you can do whether we are on the brink of collapse or are just going to stagnate for a while. That's what you want to get excited about and work for.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

How do you decide who they are? I was at a place in my life when I had nothing. Within a decade I have a house, a nice car that is absolutely ridiculous for me to drive. I have a job, nice clothes and things that make people hate me. I earned it all, but the problem is in casting judgment. It is impossible for you to know all the circumstances that landed someone in a good place. It comes off as jealousy.

I have nice things too, and feel lucky to have been blessed to have them. But, life needs to be about more than materialism. There needs to be principles, and right now this world is so corrupt that I welcome the crash.

To hell with my toys and material items.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I suppose you are right about people's mindset. I think it is important to keep optimistic at times like this. Giving up so and counting your chickens before they hatch is a sign of severe weakness. Not to disrespect the creator of the post but he will never be a leader with that kind of mindset.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not all change is good.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I am also very familiar with surviving, weapons, nature etc.. I am not one dimensional. The point is hating someone who has nicer things because your stuff sucks is no way to go through life. Hating the rich because they know how to stay rich is a pointless way to view society. Wanting rich people to fail? Haters.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

This doesn't come from boredom, this comes from being informed about the utter corruption of our world and where we are heading. You really should look around the world and see how much suffering goes on to the benefit of the wealthy elite.

This sheltered world you seem to cherish is an illusion. I want everyone to wake up out of that illusion. The collapse will make that happen.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so yes, you are nuts

I asked, and you answered!

You don't pull any punches do you!?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I saw you on the water thread and on this thread concerned about the end. I do not believe you. You fulfill my point about hype and riding the I told you so. So nothing happens, great you have a nice collectors car, something does happen you were right. Naturally someone who was so sure of a collapse would not indulge but prepare. Naturally anyone that concerned with a collapse would sell a meaningless car to get prepared to care for themselves and their family. I just do not believe some people's authenticity in their thoughts they post here. I do not believe you even believe what you say.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
reply to post by shug7272

This doesn't come from boredom, this comes from being informed about the utter corruption of our world and where we are heading. You really should look around the world and see how much suffering goes on to the benefit of the wealthy elite.

This sheltered world you seem to cherish is an illusion. I want everyone to wake up out of that illusion. The collapse will make that happen.
There always has been and always will be corruption, hatred, violence and malevolence. You simply desire a large scale event that will not happen. You hope for excitement but you wont find it here.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Millions are dying in the Third world because of the system... Are the global elite's lives (Of which you are likely apart of) worth more? Why should the wealthy decide who lives and dies? The Collapse will be terrible for some, but for others economic collapse will be of no consequence, and for others it will be an improvement. I'm right there with you OP. I don't want collapse because I want the rich (Of which I am apart of) to suffer. I want the hope for a better future where we co-operate with each other to make this planet a place where EVERYONE has equality and the right to food, water and shelter

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Im sorry i have a nice car and am not poor like you.

I'm not poor. I have nice things I would lose, too.

The difference between you and me is: 1) I don't have an ego induced superiority complex 2) I don't cling to my materialistic items

I can see why you don't want collapse to happen, you aren't mentally prepared to deal with it. I am.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join