It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You're not crazy, you're arrogant if you think you're going to survive a total economic collapse.

If there is a collapse, anyone without massive survival instincts / military / survival training will be the first to go, myself included.

Anyone relying on meds will have serious problems within about a month.

Anyone relying on any sort of Govt assistance will have serious problems in about 2 weeks.

Anyone relying on the next episode of Big Brother or Survivor will have serious problems in about 1 week.

Anyone relying on electrical power will have serious problems in 36 - 72 hours.

Anyone relying on the "entitlement" attitude "you can't do that to me" will be dead on the first day.
edit on 15-7-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Most rich men are blood suckers and have ruined someones life, dreams or just ignored the rights of others. I am sure there are those that have worked hard to attain their wealth but at what cost to themselves or their families. I believe the pursuit of money is pure evil though we do it cause we don't know any better! since birth we have been decieved to believe monetary enrichment to be the key to human happiness while at the same time
are we to believe all men are created equally, with an equal chance at enrichment but we know this not to be at all true yet we persist to attain this thing that's supposed to make us all happy and to persue it at all costs. When these are the values which we live by is it any wonder we have people robbing, stealing, lieing, cheating and destroying economies, environments, etc, etc! We have no choice but to attempt to attain some wealth or we starve, freeze and die! So what is the answer to this delema? Should we wish for economic emplosion or an unwinding of world economies and will this make things better? Lets think about what will happen when our economy stops bringing food, fuel, electricity, water and all the little ammenities we all require to sustain ourselves? I all ready know what will happen and most of you i'm sure know there will be anarchy with gangs of deviants roaming the cities and the country side looking for these ammenities!
Though it wont start off like that, first there will be riots where many supplies will be stolen, destroyed and there are those of us wanting this to take place but why? Do you think this will be some kind of picnic, party
or some sort of video game or action movie cause i can asure you when these things come to pass we will all be
in the $h!t literally up to our eyes because of fear and hunger like none of us have known. So when you ask if you are crazy for wanting a collapse I can say your not crazy just ignorant cause i believe that you only want a collapse because just like the rest of us you long for change. A world where there are jobs for all, where there's not so much pressure, where we don't have to worry each day for one reason or another, where we have time for family,
where we don't have to worry about our childrens future! These are many of the same reasons why people long for wealth and it's also a longing for a utopian society where each of us would have the same chances to thrive but right now all we have is a distopian society and so we look for any change even if that change brings $h!tty days as long as it brings down this oppressive society we live in where it seems, life is so unfair! It seems we are suffering from a sickness called possessive materialisum and though some of us are more influenced by this disease we are all effected by it. We all need equallity on every level and this can only be possible through a resource based economy and no i don't mean communism. Communism is a type of government where RBE is an economy where there is a limited government and they are subject to the same laws as all the rest of us and the same standards of living. Though I have allready talked to much as it is, so we should all think about what it is we are looking to get out of life and if we are looking to become one of the wealthy should'nt we all have the right to be wealthy? Should we all have the same luxuries that all the rich aristocrats possess? We all know that this world can't support a population of aristocrats for that matter it can't even support a minority of them! Can't we all be happy with just the neccessities of life? If we can't, then we will be looking at a collapse like we have never known! Do we have to wait till the world collapses to change it or? if so, for what reason should we?
edit on 15-7-2011 by nosacrificenofreedom because: fixing some stuff

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
although im from sweden, i´m having the same feeling, tired of this pointless "living to survive and enjoy yourself-no real goals" attitude most ppl in the world have today, i say we need something BIG to happen to unite us and set a common goal, if the have something to work against, i´d wager we would all be more efficient and driven. So the collapse yes, plz.

You do realize that in a total collapse there would be little if any communication between someone in the US and Sweeden? In fact, there might not be that much communication across state lines. In a total meltdown, the first thing to go is electrical grids.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
You're not crazy, you're arrogant if you think you're going to survive a total economic collapse.

If there is a collapse, anyone without massive survival instincts / military / survival training will be the first to go, myself included.

Anyone relying on meds will have serious problems within about a month.

Anyone relying on any sort of Govt assistance will have serious problems in about 2 weeks.

Anyone relying on the next episode of Big Brother or Survivor will have serious problems in about 1 week.

Anyone relying on electrical power will have serious problems in 36 - 72 hours.

Anyone relying on the "entitlement" attitude "you can't do that to me" will be dead on the first day.
edit on 15-7-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

Well, it could be argued that is why we need a meltdown. How can we survive with this type of people with the power to vote themselves the treasury?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Also, you do realize that it has been said that if everything in the world was taken away and divided it up equally amongst all people, the richest 2% would have it all back within a few years.

It is not the material things that are important in and of themselves. What is important is knowledge of how to manipulate things. That is also why we have anti-trust laws and it is how the richest 2% come to their wealth. It is knowledge. Look at Donald Trump who has been bankrupt 4 times. It is almost a way of doing business for him.

We have a 3 branch government that is supposed to provide checks and balances on each other but our debt and economic situation is absolving this.

In a total meltdown, I would suspect that most cities would burn uncontrolled and in that case, even the richest 2% will be in a world of hurt (and wouldn't get it all back in a few years). The outcome would be more like Kevin Costner's The Postman movie.

Of course, I wonder if we could have a few dozen tennis courts within the fort? And of course, some Chinese made tennis rackets would be nice.... and if we did happen to throw in a Chinese made lap top, I guess I wouldn't complain either.... and I do suppose that an HD LED TV doesn't take that much electricity in case we do have some solar pannels.....
ok never mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Back in the sub-prime mortgage habit, unchastened and unaccountable

FrontPageMag.com

One might be inclined to think that an economic meltdown caused by irresponsible mortgage underwriting would be a “‘lesson learned” of the first order. One might think a federal government which has largely escaped well-deserved blame for its part in pressuring banks to relax loan standards for minority applicants, in order to avoid charges of racism, would never reprise such an ill-conceived concept. One might think a U.S. Department of Justice neck-deep in a Mexican gunrunning scandal and unresolved charges of reverse-discrimination for dropping a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers would be chastened by such disclosures. One would be completely wrong: the DOJ is once again strong-arming banks to make risky loans to minority applicants, or face charges of discrimination.

The pressure is yielding results. Prosecutors from the department have succeed in wresting more than $20 million in set-asides from lending institutions apparently intimidated by such pressure: the funds were raised in out-of-court settlements with banks fearful of being branded racist for maintaining sensible loan standards. Another 60 banks are in the DOJ’s cross-hairs.

How dubious are these loans? Once again, prime mortgages are being set aside for minority applicants with questionable credit. And once again, as incomprehensible it was the first time, “valid” income considerations for obtaining a mortgage will include “welfare payments, and unemployment benefits.” Former Rep. Ernest Istook, a Heritage Foundation fellow, illuminates the insanity. ”It’s absolutely outrageous after what we’ve just gone through,” said Istook. ”How can someone both be financially stable enough to merit a mortgage at the same time they’re on public assistance? By definition, you don’t have the kind of employment that can support such a loan.”

Such concerns are irrelevant for a Justice Department that sees racial bogeymen wherever it turns. Many of the banks they sued have been ordered to post notices in all their branches and on advertising material notifying minority customers that they cannot be turned down for a loan simply because they’re on the government dole. Justice Dept. spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa, while noting that such pressure “does not compel the banks to make loans to people who do not qualify,” contended such lending is “essential to remedy the harmful effects of the banks’ conduct.” Full Text . frontpagemag.com... AIL_CAMPAIGN

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This already happened in my world, Iceland. We're also getting out of it slowly but surely, we´ll be the first nation to rize out of this great depression that's slowly taking over the whole world.
I think this is bound to happen in USA, to me it's like a domino , first us..then greek, ireland and italy ...then some other european countries, then the usa...I don't know, I got no proof or anything, I just think this is spreading , it's like a financial disease lol
I guess my POV is on some "since it happened to me it could happen to you"
Anyway, being prepared wouldn't hurt though..like been said in this thread before, prepare for the worst but enjoy your life while you're at it!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Read Jared Diamond's Collapse. Excellent read, very informative of the cyclical nature of civilization.

Whatever happens, I'm ready. God put me here in this life cycle for a reason. Nothing I can't handle.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Plan on it happening around the end of October. They always crash the economy in the fall after they have squeezed what they can out of the farmers.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The current system will not be destroyed? heh

Just, America will not be the head dog anymore...time to pay 7 bucks for a loaf of bread while people use chinese currency as the top dog.

So yeah...your crazy to think that if america falls, the entire world will suddenly usher in a wonderful way of doing business.

See Greece.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If my computer acted as strangely as this government and economic system has, I would shut it down, wipe and reimage the disk, and start clean. There needs to be an equivalent of a reboot for us to have any confidence in the stability of our future.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
no you're not crazy! it is inevitable, it's just a matter of when. raising the debt ceiling will just prolong the power of the elites and money junkies. Everyone should be asking yourself this: How do WE THE PEOPLE benefit? Guess what, we don't. The government wants YOU to pay for their uncontrolled spending...and if you don't like it then we get threats like "eat your peas" and social security might not get paid. YAY government! Ol Barry Soetaro is looking more and more like a selfish, whiny , irresponsible cry baby that will do anything it takes to get what he wants, including selling out the entire US. Is this what you want more of?

what is more important than the US PEOPLE?
Israel and Egypt for starters. 1/3rd of the total US foreign aid goes to them. that is our money going to foreign interests. But we have to eat peas.

what about the cost of all the wars we are in? Sorry troops. while you fight for our "freedom" and may die in the process, the government may not have enough to pay you. You are less important than invading foreign countries. Eat your peas courtesy of Lord Barry....oh, and try not to inhale the DU.

How about the TSA? They are a waste of money. Oh, but then Chertoff wont get paid, and you wont have that false sense of security. I guess radiation really is good for you. Thank you government!

why hasn't congress revoked the federal reserve charter? Oh, they are bought and paid for. we suffer, game over. While people are losing jobs, cant find a job, foreclosing on their mortgage , cant pay bills, etc.. they want to raise taxes. Good move. Again we are responsible for the government screw ups. We suffer, we are to blame, and foreign interests get our money. After all, they are more important.

what about article 1 section 8 of the Constitution to restore value based currency to the US? No, we are better off as slaves to the federal reserve, wall street, off shore bankers, and foreign interests.

So how does that make you feel? Do you like being looked down upon? Talked down to like a child. Being forced to pay the debt of out of control government? Being a slave to your owners. Does daddy Barry know what is best for his mindless drones? Because on his list of "important things to do today" doing what is right for the American people is somewhere between taking out the garbage and cleaning up dog poop, and I'm pretty sure he does neither.

Peas...change we can believe in!

Call the bluff and let the economy fall. if you don't we'll continue to relive ground hog day again and again and again and again...when is QE3 coming?

I end with this. RIP George
(contains adult language, watch at own risk)

edit on 16-7-2011 by HarbingerOfDoom because: added comment

edit on 16-7-2011 by HarbingerOfDoom because: video

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

the more things go sour and stale the more i welcome the collapse. it will be a hell of a time! bring it on. as conan the cemerian said "to live life with out danger is to not live life at all" great words. as for the rest of you ill see you on the front lines!

edit on 16-7-2011 by Upthepunx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
A friend of mine is actually semi-hopeful that it will happen because he believes that means the Treasury will have to just start printing more money to pay for things, thus causing hype-inflation. Why is he hoping for hyper inflation? Because even though he's in his early 40's he still hasn't got out from under his crushing college debt - that and the debt his deadbeat dad caused him by taking out tons of loans and racking up massive credit card debt in his name so he could pay for his coc aine habit, but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, with hyper-inflation, he'll be able to very easily pay off his debt and he'll get out from under - well, he'll be living in a time of depression, but so will everyone else and a lot of the rich will be in the same place as the rest of us.

Another thing that occurred to me, I think there's a lot of people who just want some sort of a reset - even if that means anarchy. They will hate it if it really comes, but before it comes there's always that instinct for anarchy that I think a lot of even very level headed people feel sometimes. It reminds me of the famous H.L. Mencken quote:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

I get that. My logical mind knows it would be a terrible time if such a thing happens (and it looks like it just might), but sometimes you can't help but feel like maybe that's just what society needs from time to time. Meh, dark thoughts.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
you think your carzy, i must be the only person that thinks a zombie apocalypse would be cool right now lol

as long as i survived, of course

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm not saying I like the world as it is now. But a collapse will not solve anything. However much bad there is in this world, I'll be damned if I ever have to lose easy access to food and fresh water, and living in a community where people arent killing eachother for food. And you know what, I will even add the "stupid" "superficial" pleasures to that list too. If I'm willing to fight and die for anything, I will fight and die for what you call "business as usual" for the only positive change will happen, not through a collapse, but through more of the things that will be destroyed as the result of collapse: technolgy, comfort, convenience. So screw all of you who dare hope for a collapse, who see it as anything different then a pure tragedy that must be fought tooth and nail to avoid at all cost. Screw your silly stupid ideals. Screw your overblown hatred of the governemnt. Screw your malcontentment. Screw your insipid, idiotic idealisation of the past. Screw your inane belief in positve change from the "ashes". Get on board with those of us working for positive change that does NOT involve sacrificing the "masses", and I suggest really questioning yourself what sort of person does it make you when you think those around you must be sacrificed in the name of your little "revolution".

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would say if a collapse happens it would wake up the country and they would realize the economy cannot possibly keep getting this high of debt and survive anyways.It would not be good times but it may save the future from a much worse collapse.I don't know if I want the collapse to happen though.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

I think alot of people are growing tired of the bickering and fighting over the economy and believe they are prolonging the inevitable collapse.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
im starting to think that for the rich to become richer, its no longer about simply having more money.

but to instead lower the value of currency so to separate the classes easier, based on jobs and cost of living.

i mean... you are only as rich as you are compared to others right? one dosnt even need real wealth to do that. just make others suffer under you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Think Tool summed it up best..."Learn to Swim".

Peace

edit on 6-10-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The melt down is allready here just keep relying on that NWO to make every thang ok.....
you will be watching what they say you can watch.
,Dont worry about the shooting out side thats just thows drones picking up on another group of thugs..
Everythang will be ok...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join