It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the COLLAPSE to happen. Am I crazy?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I want the collapse just as much as you so take a number. No that dosent make you crazy, wait maybe were both crazy. maybe im really crazy... Oh crap oh crap ROBOTS YOUR ALL ROBOTS!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wish for the same thing. I long for the chance to live life as an apex predator. Where your only real responsibilities for the day are to make sure you can feed yourself and your loved ones, have a safe place to sleep, and help to increase the population, and teach the young how to survive when you are gone.

It's a cave man part of our brain and psyche that hasn't been squished entirely. It happens more in men I think than in women. Though many women go through a phase in their life where they feel like they have to be creating things. Knitting, pottery, sewing, gardening all kinds of "crafty" things.

If you think about it from an anthropological point of view where civilization arose under women staying in a set location, developing language, and domesticating plants and animals and creating crafts for the community, and men in groups taking turns doing heavy labor or hunting and gathering or being part of militia patrols to guard against other tribes, most people will go through these cycles where the primitive part of our brain is remembering that we should be doing more than we are. That we should all be more than we are.

I buy guns and go hiking and hunting and fishing. That does make me feel better to a degree.

I still want to live as an apex predator though. My tribe against the world. It's just something I feel.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Butterbone because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
reply to post by shug7272

This doesn't come from boredom, this comes from being informed about the utter corruption of our world and where we are heading. You really should look around the world and see how much suffering goes on to the benefit of the wealthy elite.

This sheltered world you seem to cherish is an illusion. I want everyone to wake up out of that illusion. The collapse will make that happen.

Can you detail what a collapse means to you? Do you work - if so let's say you lose your job and a wage, ultimately your home. Are you at school/college? Ok, let's say teacher loses their job so no school or college to attend. No student funding and mommy and daddy may not have jobs to pay for you to not work. That sounds GREAT doesn't it? Life isn't a motion picture, I think your energy would be better spent making sure a collapse doesn't happen..... are you big enough to do that?

How did me *wanting* the collapse turn into me some how having an influence (one way or the other) on whether the collapse occurs?

Surely you aren't deluded enough to think you or I will have any impact what-so-ever on whether or not this happens, are you?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Almost every generation thinks their generation will witness momentous changes or the "end of the world". For example in 999 AD, many Europeans though the second coming was upon them in 1000 AD and they sold everything, gave up their possessions and waited. I don't think this generation will witness the end, it's kind of self-centered to think so IMO.

Is the US still the number one Superpower? Maybe, but China is closing fast if not already ahead.

note: by Superpower I mean economically, technologically, socially and militarily, not just how many nukes we have
edit on 15-7-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

Your comparisons to the past no longer apply to this world we live in. Never in history has the world been so interconnected economically, technologically, politically, or culturally. Never in history (before the middle of last century) has the world had the means to literally destroy civilization (nuclear arsenals).

If ever there were a generation or time in human history for REAL collapse to occur, it would be this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You're forgetting one thing: the next generation. They will not want a collapse of civilization and will work hard against it. Even if the stock market crashes, been there done that, even if the environment changes, been there done that, yet life goes on.

I'm not saying the quality of life won't be worse compared to what we're used to but I hear that already, for example "We used to fish in that river (which is now dead) when I was young" Humans are very adaptable and will live in conditions foreign to us as the population doubles again this century.

They only way to reset the clock is if we have a full nuclear exchange, or an asteroid the size of Mount Everest hits us. I think we agree that nuclear war could bring us to the edge of extinction.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My belief is that those who want this sinking ship called civilization to keep going as is, are truely insane, or rich.
$0.02

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You're not really crazy. I have often though that a collapse may be the path of least resistance to taking back our country and restoring it to its greatness.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If you won't personally be effected by the collapse, then yes, you are crazy for for wanting it to happen. It's kind of sick as well. However, if you're going to be one of the unlucky ones who will personally be affected by the collapse, then while it's still both crazy and sick, I at least "respect" your desire to want it to happen since you'd be in the thick of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Seeing as things aren't going so well between Obama and the Republican leadership concerning the debt ceiling talks, it appears the collapse is rapidly approaching.

And I'm happy about that. Problem is, am I crazy?

It's my view that things will never change unless this current system gets destroyed. The collapse will accomplish that.

However, will the collapse be the excuse to usher in the New World Order?

Even more conspiratorial, is this collapse being orchestrated by our political leaders (Obama, Republican leadership, etc.) by intentionally not negotiating the budget plans? Are they under orders to not come to an agreement so that the U.S. defaults, global meltdown happens, and the New World Order plans begin rolling out?

What's the other choice? Let the status quo continue as it always has? Are YOU crazy?!?

edit on 14-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

In my opinion, the most likely scnereo is that the United States economy will crash (soon) and we'll become a poorer nation. We make up about 5% of the worlds population and consume about 25% of the worlds resources. That being said, other countries aren't very pleased with us. They aren't happy about how much power the dollar has either.

USA's main export is consumerism. We make other countries rich. Therefore, we have all the power. Those countries and ours want the dollar to thrive because their entire existence is based on the over consumption of Americans.

However, the rest of the world would love to see the dollar lose it's power so that they can enjoy more of the world's resources. So to conclude, we would crash and wost case, we become 2 classes, super rich and super poor and best case, we somehow become part of the global community and share in 5% of the worlds resources (which believe it or not, is more than enough to live a happy and abundant life).

Or the crash could create a power vacuum which fills with the likes of China or Russia, etc.

Either way, we live in an amazing age.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone
I wish for the same thing. I long for the chance to live life as an apex predator. Where your only real responsibilities for the day are to make sure you can feed yourself and your loved ones, have a safe place to sleep, and help to increase the population, and teach the young how to survive when you are gone.

It's a cave man part of our brain and psyche that hasn't been squished entirely. It happens more in men I think than in women. Though many women go through a phase in their life where they feel like they have to be creating things. Knitting, pottery, sewing, gardening all kinds of "crafty" things.

If you think about it from an anthropological point of view where civilization arose under women staying in a set location, developing language, and domesticating plants and animals and creating crafts for the community, and men in groups taking turns doing heavy labor or hunting and gathering or being part of militia patrols to guard against other tribes, most people will go through these cycles where the primitive part of our brain is remembering that we should be doing more than we are. That we should all be more than we are.

I buy guns and go hiking and hunting and fishing. That does make me feel better to a degree.

I still want to live as an apex predator though. My tribe against the world. It's just something I feel.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Butterbone because: misspelling

Hi - fyi - you don't need a financial collapse to live as an apex predator. You could start to do that today.

Why do people need everyone to have hardship so they can experience the fun aspects of a simpler life? Is it just for the company?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Crypto;

I think your right on track. These bozo’s in Washington have deftly shifted the argument to the same old left / right paradigm. They told us the debt ceiling is going to be raised and convinced us the only decision is what will get cut. It’s all political theater.

The real argument is if the debt ceiling should be raised. Should we continue to allow Congress a blank checkbook? Should we give the same people 2.4 trillion more when they’ve over spent 12 trillion already? I say not only no but hell no. We should be lining up Congressmen who EVER voted for a debt ceiling increase for trial for “Crimes Against Humanity”. They have facilitated and perpetrated the greatest empire building the world has ever seen. Now we are overextended on every front – financial, military, food production and distribution, domestic infrastructure, public education, etc.

The house of cards will soon fall. The glass house has small micro fractures – can you hear the cracks growing. I won’t be long now….

Bean

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
My belief is that those who want this sinking ship called civilization to keep going as is, are truely insane, or rich.
$0.02

My belief is that anyone who wants a financial collapse should travel to places that have had a financial collapse and then come back here and post again..

You know not of what you speak.

Imagine lots and lots of standing in line for hours to get low quality stuff you would have not even considered buying before... think plain bread instead of meat.

Imagine lots of carrying heavy stuff because transportation isn't the same.

Imagine far more prevalent alcoholism, child / animal abuse and crime everywhere. I don't really believe any of you want more child / animal abuse when you come to think about it. But wide spread sudden poverty is very linked to these.

An economic collapse doesn't mean that the poor suddenly get to equalize with the rich. I can see where there could be attraction to that. But, what it does mean is that the poor that were relying on benefits such as utilities, daycare, busses will lose out.

The less rich that were hopeful or unwise with their diversification of wealth will become poorer. But I'm guessing the ones you really want to see fall, the greediest of the wealthiest, will have long protected themselves from this and will probably simply move out of the US to calmer waters, taking their money and investments for the future with them. Perhaps good riddance. Perhaps, oh crap, there goes the people that were going to bring back the clean water sooner.

Travel - to India or Brazil or Mississippi or parts of Detroit - anywhere that has seen a collapse due to government or Katrina or industry and then see how much you want that for the whole country with no escape. Trust me. You don't.

What you do want is infrastructure - roads, trains, bridges, solar... ($ away from wars and into US)

The return of industry like textiles and manufacturing (dump the FED and promote rise of credit unions - reality check for banks)

Schooling that makes sense for the masses including shop classes and Khan Academy

Support the growth of the local / organic farms & markets movement (reality check for Monsantos & oil companies/fertilizers)

70/30 where 70% of what you buy you are no more than 3 degrees of separation from the source of materials and 30% where it's exotic and unknown risk creating foreign trade without hurting US

Legalize drugs and put all the drug tax revenue into a comprehensive health care system for children, veterans and the elderly.

In my opinion, this is how to nip greed in the bud, to build a middle class and reduce poverty without creating extreme hardship and misery.

At least that's what I want to see.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

reply to post by Neopan100

You know, I guess I expect that if the collapse happens, then MASS civil unrest will be the inevitable result. A revolution perhaps? And perhaps some of these "rich elite" & politicians will be made to face justice after all.

Our only hope is that somehow a leader who truly represents the people (not the elite) will rise from the ashes.

Ron Paul could be that leader.

I thought Obama was going to be that leader...

Oh no, wait, Bush was going to be that leader...

Nevermind, Clinton was going to be that leader.

The strategy of the elite is that we keep hoping one of these candidates will bring forth change and every leader that promises change is worsethan the last. They are puppets of the global elite and all of them are, maybe even ron paul.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes you are if you are US citizen. The collapse is not funny, many will suffer. But if it opens the way to the coming of the God's kingdom. Me vote "yes to collapse" too.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What I am wondering is how so many of you think it will be better after a collapse. It could very well be worse, just look at how much crime has risen compared to the first depression. People had better values and worked together the first go around, this time around all everyone cares about is their selves and their survival (todays attitude: ME ME ME MINE MINE MINE) yeah I want a collapse with this mentality ruling NOT!!!!~

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I cant see billionaires and millionaires wantig a collapse of the american dollar, because the stand to lose the most paper money is just an idea with system to believe in it and trade it. The billionaires dont hold the system hostage the system holds the value of their currency. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i'm with you crash crash this sh*t. the people that will truly suffer are those in control. this capitalist financial system keeps the rich, rich and the poor, poor! i'm so used to being broke now i can't even pay attention..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think we have a definition yet of what a "collapse" means or what it involves. If there are 100 people in a room, there are probably 100 different definitions of what a collapse means. No one has a definition of how much stored food would be required, how people would organize themselves, how the good of humanity is observed, how laws take effect, how war would be conducted and against who, what would bring industry back online and what that industry would be... and the list goes on and on.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
I do not think it is odd that you are happy about something like that. 90% of the people on this forum are grasping for tragedy. It is so predictable it is sickening. People want to be a part of something huge or be right about something huge before it happens. The "I told you so" is at the core of this site. It is odd that so many people want so badly for bad things to happen. I guess what I am saying is I am not surprised you, a person on ATS wants bad things to happen. If I worked with you it may be odd. This website is skewed, not a representative sample of the true population. In relation to society it is odd that you want bad things to happen, but not here

I don't look at it as a bad thing, it will be bad for the people that aren't ready to change, but ultimately it is just a natural stage of the process. Frankly it needs to happen for us to move on to something greater. Yes I too am patiently waiting for it, but only because it needs to happen. Sadly a lot of people won't be able to survive, that is only because they won't be able to adapt, and will simply die by choice. I can see into the future, and it's a better one after the fall. That money was never real to begin with.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am with the OP. Lets kick this pig. I am tired of the waiting. I am tired of the talking. I am tired of the people scoffing and telling me I am full of (expletive removed). I am ready to die. I am ready to fight. I am ready to win. GET ON WITH IT

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join