It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

analysis of awolnation: Sail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I feel that the music video for AWOLNATION: sail has many many messages within it. someone may conclude that he is an illuminati puppet. but I don't find that at all. here's my analysis.

-the video begins with the vocalist running from something or someone, into his home, proceeds to close windows, clearly disturbed.

0:29 - 0:32 - hindsight or foreshadowing of alien abduction.

0:40 - 0:50 - searching for voice recorder, a last stitch effort to pass on information knowing that you will be taken.

0:50 - 1:09 - wall of symbolism, akin to the scribbling's of a disturbed individual. while recording these words.

"This is how I show my love.
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my ADD baby."

-these lyrics, along with the imagery in the video, make it seem like the writer is thinking --'im passing on this information, is it true or is it all just in my head? maybe I have an overactive imagination' the writer is clearly second guessing his own beliefs.

1:09-1:23 - continues recording, goes over to the window, once he says "sail" a bright light shines through the window, once again, hints of alien abduction scenario.

-what he records is this -

"This is how an angel cries
Blame it on my own sick pride
Blame it on my ADD baby

SAIL!"

- The message I get from this is, 'great evil is being done to me, maybe i'm just too full of myself, who am I to say whats good for me, or maybe its still all just in my head.'

at 1:34 you can pause the screen and see a lot of strange imagery, dead animals, a goat-man, an eye, naked woman, cage, strange machine, and the image that's being covered up is the Illuminati pyramid.eye. I feel all these images are on his wall because, like may of us, hes looking for answers.

1:38 - 1:50 - looking at himself in the mirror, still recording himself, the lyrics are -

"Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself(Chorus: myself)
Blame it on my ADD baby"

-what I get from this is -'i don't know what to do, I've exhausted all options and am no longer in control, the only thing I am in control of is my life, they still tell me i just have an over active imagination, ha, I know now...'

1:50-2:10 -his front door opens, light shining in, a green lazer is scanning everything, he tries to drown himself, the green lazer goes over him and he is pulled from the water. the lyrics are-

-"Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my ADD baby"

-What I get from this is 2 possible messages.
1) 'maybe im an alien hybrid, maybe im misunderstanding whats happening to me, they all say its still all just my imagination'
2) 'maybe I don't want to do what "THEY"(illuminati? music industry?) want me to, maybe im different, maybe they don't like that im ignoring them, but they're just telling me Its all in my head and there's nothing to worry about.'

the rest of the video, he is being "taken" while having recent flashbacks, the final abduction happens at 3:47

the rest of the lyrics are

"la la la la la
la la la la la oh

la la la la la
la la la la la oh

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail with me, sail with me
Sail!"

So. In conclusion, I don't feel there Is an illuminati conspiracy in this video, rather, it is more about alien abduction, and never knowing whats real or not real. but i think "SAIL" means to let go and just ride the wind, whatever happens is your experience, and people will blame it on something like ADD, but only you can decide whats real.

heres the video.

OUN

edit on 14-7-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

...people will blame it on something like ADD

You could also blame it on a lack of creativity, something quite transparent throughout the lyrics...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The only conspiracy here is that most of todays music is ,well pretty crap

"I am the lizard king" straight to the point and,none of this code hidden throughout.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
The only conspiracy here is that most of todays music is ,well pretty crap

"I am the lizard king" straight to the point and,none of this code hidden throughout.

I agree that Jim Morrison and the doors are gods by today's standards but my thread topic isn't "the kids today don't know what the jazz is all about"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

...people will blame it on something like ADD

You could also blame it on a lack of creativity, something quite transparent throughout the lyrics...

sometimes less words are more powerfull

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know I am a month late but I heard this song on the radio for the first time the other day, not knowing the band at all. I knew exactly what the song was about before getting on youtube to see the video. I like how you broke it down, and I don't think a song has to have creative wording to get a message acorss or be a great song. I get it, thats all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I believe you hit the nail on the Head... especially when you pegged the last part of the video being screened memories, and or flash backs! Good Job!
What did you think about him holding onto the wall like that? The only thing I think the video missed... was at the last second they did not flip him over facing downward as the beam took him up!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OUNjahhryn
just heard and seen this song on youtube today for the first time,
i think your 100% right in the message of this song,
i came to the same conclusion straight away.

top topics

join