It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-Time Cloak Possible, Could Make Events Disappear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What if you could rob a bank, make out with the girl of your dreams, or infiltrate the deepest darkest secrects of the Gov. It all could soon be possible. The scariest part of it all is when the government gets its hands on this technology, WHAT will they do with it??

It's no illusion: Science has found a way to make not just objects but entire events disappear, experts say.

According to new research by British physicists, it's theoretically possible to create a material that can hide an entire bank heist from human eyes and surveillance cameras.

"The concepts are basically quite simple," said Paul Kinsler, a physicist at Imperial College London, who created the idea with colleagues Martin McCall and Alberto Favaro.

Unlike invisibility cloaks—some of which have been made to work at very small scales—the event cloak would do more than bend light around an object.

(Also see "Acoustic 'Invisibility' Cloaks Possible, Study Says.")

Instead this cloak would use special materials filled with metallic arrays designed to adjust the speed of light passing through.

In theory, the cloak would slow down light coming into the robbery scene while the safecracker is at work. When the robbery is complete, the process would be reversed, with the slowed light now racing to catch back up.

If the "before" and "after" visions are seamlessly stitched together, there should be no visible trace that anything untoward has happened. One second there's a closed safe, and the next second the safe has been emptied.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

What could it be used for, what would our gov. use it for, or if it fell in the wrong hands??

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"Security" would use this. It's hard for an enemy (assassin) to judge defenses if they can't see your defenses. I could see the Secret Service employing this. I could see private companies like "Blackwater" using this, and easily abusing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
WOW

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Aren't civilian technologies something like 10-20 years behind on what the government currently has? At least thats the popular belief. Well when I read about stuff like this it makes me think of the stuff that the government has had and been using for a decade or 2.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If I could only make my wedding event disappear, like it never happened.
Oh wait, I can, it called a lawyer and a divorce.
Seriously though, the implications of this are hard to wrap the mind around. If they are announcing this now, how long have 'they' (whomever the they is) had it and has it been tested on the public previously?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

thats probaly what they are doing with the chem trailing hideing elenin honda and of course don't forget planet x seems like they are already doing it

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think this has already been discussed here...
Here, here and here too

But it is a pretty crazy theory! If this could happen, then you can't really even trust your eyes anymore (even though I question everything that I "see"). Let's hope this is theory only and stays that way! I would hate to see the technology in the hands of those with malicious intent.

And I can't help but think that maybe this technology is used in alien abductions... but that is just giving an explanation to something that may or may not even exist!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick

thats probaly what they are doing with the chem trailing hideing elenin honda and of course don't forget planet x seems like they are already doing it

Very plausable indeed! Makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
first off --pics or it never happened---

anyways wouldn't there be pics of the safecracker setting up his cloak and then when the safe turned up empty might be a little clue as to what happened

but then what do I know

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I question how our government stumbled upon this technology. I wrote a thread on this a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of these technologies have coincidental aspects to technology displayed by UFO's. Witness accounts have seen UFO's cloak themselves or disappear in a blink of an eye.

Invisibility, alien technology or a man made development? Keep in mind, we still use the combustion engine and wires to transfer electrical current.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If the source hadnt come from Nat Geo then I woulda dismissed this claim outright. However I do belive Nat Geo to be a respectible organisation and are often on the leading edge of the most newest and latest scientific discoveries. So that being said,the implications of such technology are mind boggling. Brings to mind such movies as the Adjustment Bureau. such a technology would be abused very quickly.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

to be quite honest have been saying that to the missus for the last year or so, been waiting for the opportunity to say it aloud without seeming crazy,, I noticed the skys a few yrs back and said it was strange and then the chem-trailing evidence started to come my way, and I always said to the missus whats up with the skys, aren't we allowed sunny days anymore, and offhand half jokingly would say, what are they trying to hide what don't they want us to see, and then I read this and ahumm, we all know they are at least 30yr in front with there tech so who knows could this be the smoking gun

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Wow I hadn't seen the parallel to The Adjustment Bureau, way to think!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Time cloaking is possible because of a kind of duality between space and time in electromagnetic theory. In particular, the diffraction of a beam of light in space is mathematically equivalent to the temporal propagation of light through a dispersive medium. In other words, diffraction and dispersion are symmetric in spacetime. That immediately leads to an interesting idea. Just as its easy to make a lens that focuses light in space using diffraction, so it is possible to use dispersion to make a lens that focuses in time. Such a time-lens can be made using an electro-optic modulator, for example, and has a variety of familiar properties. "This time-lens can, for example, magnify or compress in time," say Fridman and co.

source

Interesting indeed, thanks for the heads up

go into your cloak and magnify your cat nap into a full nights sleep or your life's work into a day and party ha maybe I am lazy hehe

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Currently, nobody knows how to do that except in fiber optics, in which the speed of a signal can be varied by a few percent by changing the intensity of the light.

yeah, i think people would suspect the huge apparatus the crooks have installed all around the bank to make the event disappear before it was turned one.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Intersting. Unfortunately, we will never see the light of day on this. Let's say they are able to pull it off. Big Brother will no way make this available to the whole world. If they achieve cloaking time, any whistle-blower would end up being offed and we would never know about it since they can make event invisible to us.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
Aren't civilian technologies something like 10-20 years behind on what the government currently has? At least thats the popular belief. Well when I read about stuff like this it makes me think of the stuff that the government has had and been using for a decade or 2.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

I've heard it to be as much as 45 years, who knows.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I thought this sounded familiar and I remembered something similar was posted sometime back. Granted this uses a computer, however the principle is the same.

ATS - Never trust a live feed again

edit on 14-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Cool video, thanks!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just trying to keep things outside the box as it were lol Thanx.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join