It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1AM : 100F+ in the gulf of mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah totally normal... or is it...

Any expert on here? The guy who posted the video says this :

The Gulf loop current has stopped so this water will get hotter and the North Atlantic will get colder . This is how an ice age starts . We will have a very cold winter with lots of snow and ice as it did last winter . When the snow and ice stays year round in north then there will be more exponentially . More snow more reflection of heat from the sun . Like there wasn't enough going on . Good Luck to all[/ex
?

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Gulf loop current has stopped so this water will get hotter and the North Atlantic will get colder . This is how an ice age starts .

This disturbs me very much

Since i live in Canada we will be blasted if /or when the Ice age Comes back

GeoCraft- Ice Age

Good Read up on Ice Ages Here.

We are supposed to be going back into a maunder minimum possibly.

Around the year 2015 which could exacerbate the Cooling. That may be coming...

Space.com- Major Result on Sunspot Cycle to be Announced Tuesday.

I have read that the Ocean Currents are possibly the Largest Factor other than the Sun For Global Temperature Fluctuations and if this guy is telling the Truth. If the Gulf Stream has Stopped or /and Ceased Flowing Somewhat this could spell Large Cooling in the North Atlantic as he stated. Therefore implying if this Gulf-stream Claim Holds true. Europe and Northern U.S Canada Could be in For a Cold spell. Soon.

Web site About Gulf Stream Conveyor Belt Shut-Down Causing Ice Age

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
future focus - the gulf stream and the next ice age
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Video Link

So it appears at-least to me that if the Gulf-Stream ceases to flow the way it does and/or circumvents itself to the south instead of North and/or Circulates in a circle in the gulf of mexico and causes exponential heating.

Than it seems Europe may be the hardest hit for Climate.

And probably the East -Coast of the United States Canada.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be6544ef1f1e.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 14-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its sad that this has been talked about since this happened and no one in denial wanted to acknowledge it. Now look how hot things are getting.. SMH @ the GOM floor

edit on 7/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What’s interesting about this is the fact that the NOAA site doesn't even list Louisiana water temperatures. Only Florida (eastern Gulf) and Texas (western Gulf). Grand Isle is N/A. I’ve been saying for a while this is abnormal, there’s no real weather such as rain storms, etc. going on in the Gulf. Any tropical storm moves away from the gulf, such as going into Mexico or into Florida. Not good. This also explains why Texas is sooooo hot and in such a drought.

www.nodc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
fish get to chill in a hot tub, whats not to like

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I lived in Lake Charles for 4 years, and that's only 30 or so minutes from the coast. About this time of year, there is an event called red tide, where all the fish die off due to a bloom of aquatic algae that saps all the oxygen in the water. Nasty place, this. I mean, really really gross in the worst possible way. Imagine a swath of fish corpses in 100 degree heat 12 feet wide, running for miles along a shoreline. What a mess! As for a spike of heat in the water at 1 am in the morning...do you think it might have something to do with the warm waters emptying into the gulf from various intercoastal waterways and rivers like the sabine, which is at close to the westernmost point of the heating area? I would hate to think its all the coonasses taking a peepee into the gulf all at the same time...but if you've ever been to Holly Beach, you'd agree with me in saying that the above idea would actually improve the water quality!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Something that should be considered here is hot water contains less oxygen then cold water. It is possible that water heats and retains that heat without oxygen. Thus, we all know the part of the gulf has been depleted of oxygen through chemicals and the oil spill. Potentially, this is a man made disaster affecting water temperatures.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This is strange indeed however I have no idea what this means for us.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I await experts opinion!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Check out Weather underground maps.

I have no clue what to think of all this but the water is insanely hot all over the world.

I don't know if this is normal or what.

Wish someone could enlighten us.

I must note that the site says the water temps are 87degrees F. Last updated 10:54am July 14, 2011
edit on 14-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I DO think that it's directly associated with the BP thing! But also, it could be because it's been so ungodly hot here.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

We were going to go to Florida for a visit this week but put it off. Now I'm kind of glad if it's that hot. Yikes, Florida in July is hot and so, so humid. We had a 103 degree day here in MN and that was intolerable heat, especially without A/C. This Tuesday we're supposed to get another 100 degree day. Ugh. Not looking forward to that, either. If this heat from the Gulf is going to cause another cold, snowy winter then I'm definitely not looking forward to that cuz last winter was hard, cold and long. My son made the comment to me that global warming causes snowy and cold winters. Big sigh...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is terrible news.

the sacriest part of GW isn't rising oceans, it's changing or stopping currents

look out europe, get your snowblowers and parka's
edit on 14-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just waiting for the methane to start popping...

what was the name of that faultline again?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

That was the first thing that came to my mind....interestingly enough. I do wonder what would cause the phenomenon?

Still....I await for some wisdom.... COME ON ATS.....inquiring minds wanna know.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
We obviously need to look at past data to confirm if this indeed uncommon.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by StealthyKat

We were going to go to Florida for a visit this week but put it off. Now I'm kind of glad if it's that hot. Yikes, Florida in July is hot and so, so humid.

I live in Northern Florida and it has been terribly hot since the beginning of June. The heat in June was up around 100 for nearly 2 weeks but it was very strange because the air was dry. Around the 4th of July we had a break from the heat with highs in the upper 80s but then the humidity began and has not left. Our daytime highs are around 89-95 but humidity levels sit at or above 60% the entire afternoon so we get the heat index reaching 110-117 for about a week now. So I would recommend you definitely stay in Minnesota, at least until after September because next month is by-far our must humid and September is when we always have threats of hurricanes.

OP: There is no sites offering statistics on this that I know of but I will do a search. This seems very strange not because the water temperatures are at or above 100 because even in Clearwater, FL the water temperatures can reach 100 and still be normal but the problem I see is that this dramatic spike occurred well after sunset at 1am CST. Whether or not it has occurred before it is uncommon nonetheless.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
first of all the guy who made this video is dutchsinse or whatever, and he is a moron. he is one of the upper tier 2012 retards amongst the net. and second what he is talking about is a side effect of the monsoonal flows from mexico. it happens every summer, though this summer seems a bit worse, probably do to the few big storms mexico had early.

and this has nothing to do with an ice age. as long as the ice sheets at the poles keep melting, the earth will absorb more sunlight, and thus heat up.

and as of right now, highest water temp in the gulf is 92. but if you want to listen to a guy that probably pulls a few bucks fear mongering, go ahead.
edit on 14-7-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good deal!

Thank you for the clarification!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
According to NOAA the temperatures along Florida's Gulf beaches look perfectly normal to me. It has been an extremely hot summer so far this year, but luckily our tropical afternoon rains have returned and it has helped the last couple of weeks. The weather this year is more normal to what this subtropical climate is supposed to do. The last few years have been a little dry and odd, and the winters have been pretty cold.

In my opinion, this year is back to normal.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
global cooling in europe my ass

it's 40 c here for 2 weeks now. 29 at night.
can't breed normally from heat.
only global cooling that i see is using Mitsubishi cooling in Croatia. so made in Japan used in Europe is kind of global

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join