It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Walks Out - *Gasp* - Washington is Weak!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
***MODS - move appropriately please ***
Everyone is clamoring about Obama getting pissy and storming out of a meeting... what a freakin' joke. Now we're debating how immature it is and how Cantor started it...

Hell - it's the first thing he's done yet that I actually approve of - I'd approve more if he'd stay in and throw down over it.

Let me remind everyone of what Congress USED to be like - when we weren't all full of sensitivities, sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Beatings, Brawls, and Lawmaking: Mayhem in Congress

“If you are going to object,” shouted Lawrence M. Keitt [Preston Brooks' friend] who was sitting near, “return to your own side of the House. You have no business over here, anyway.”

“This is a free hall,” I responded, “and everybody has a right to be where he pleases.”

At that Keitt, whose seat was in the second aisle from me, sprang to his feet, strode down into the area, and advanced up the aisle in which I was standing, closely followed by Reuben Davis, of Mississippi.

“I want to know,” demanded Keitt, “what you meant by such an answer as that.”

“I mean just what I said,” I replied; “this is a free hall, and everybody has the right to be where he pleases.”

“Sir,” said Keitt, attempting to seize me by the throat, “you are a damned, black, Republican puppy!”

“Never mind what I am,” I retorted, knocking up his hand. “No negro-driver shall crack his whip over me.”

Keitt again attempted to grasp me by the throat; I struck out from the shoulder and he fell to the floor. In an instant John F. Potter, of Wisconsin, closely followed by Elihu Washburn, of Illinois, and a number of others who were standing in the area in front of the Speaker’s desk, came rushing up the aisle, Potter striking right and left.

Lovejoy, of Illinois, and Lamar, of Mississippi, were pawing each other in the area, each seeking to persuade the other to be still. Mott, a gray-haired Quaker from Ohio, was seen in the melee, his hand bleeding, but he afterward declared that he intervened in the interest of peace. Covode, of Pennsylvania, grabbed a heavy stone spittoon by his desk and marched down the broad aisle into the area in front of the Speaker. In the end he placed the cuspidor on a desk and returned to his seat, but, his attention being called to it, he took it back with him. Questioned later as to his purpose he said he thought that some one might draw a weapon, and if so he intended to tag him.

As [Potter] reached me he hit Davis with one hand, and [Tennesseean William] Barksdale, who had hold of me — in no angry mood but in way of friendly restraint — with the other.

Barksdale, not knowing where the blow came from, turned to Elihu Washburn and asked if the latter had struck him. Washburn replied that he had not.

“You are a liar,” said Barksdale, and letting go of me caught hold of Washburn. Cadwalader Washburn, coming up just then and seeing Barksdale and his brother, Elihu, in a clinch, struck out for Barksdale and hit him a glancing blow on the forehead which knocked off his wig. Barksdale, picking it up, put it on backside first, which gave him such a grotesque appearance that everybody nearby broke out in a loud guffaw.

Source: Saturday Evening Post

Now THAT'S what I want to see. I want to see some actual passion out of our idiot talking heads in Washington.

How about we drop all the crap and get real - these guys should be getting PISSED at each other. They should be screaming and yelling about it. We're talking two different philosophies combating for the future of our nation!

If they believe half of what they spout - they should almost be to blows at this point... not snarky little episodes.
edit on 14-7-2011 by gncnew because: Getting the right tags

edit on 14-7-2011 by gncnew because: asking mods a favor

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are already a few threads on this of course.

Ultimately, I think there just needs to be a full media blackout on this...eliminate the posturing both sides are doing and let them work in the dark until they sort this crap out.

Our politicians should not be celebs trying to cater to fans...they should be gremlins in the dark working anonymously to keep the country going strong.

I blame the media provoking this sports mentality in politics.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
While I agree with you. This post belongs in chit-chat or something similar. The Obama walk-out was already covered in the political news area. The news you posted is old as hell too...lol...not breaking.
edit on 7/14/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

He walk out because he did not know what to do. He should not be there.
Now have fun with that

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Obama can't take the heat so he walked out of the kitchen

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Washington isn't weak....it's business. You know business men don't fight!!! What? Ooooh, you think b'cuz Obama is "black", he's NOT a business man? Of course he is. He is the president of the United States of America, Inc. People in suits don't fight. They pay others to do the fighting for them.

top topics

join