It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips about hair loss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi guys, I would like to ask you, what is the most effective way to stop hair loss and reverse balding? I have receiding hairline, I am currently NW 1-1,5. I read about Matthew Gardson's method, is it effective? Has any of you tried it? What worked for you? Thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Believe it or not, Rogaine works bro for frontal balding as well. I know it says it doesn't but I've regrown my receeding hairline back. Of course, it's going to take a few months to see any changes. I've been using the generic brand (can't afford the real stuff), and it works fine!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I also started losing my hair when I was just 19, and for 2 years I always wore a hat untill I just shaved my head, now im 25 and I think I look pretty good bald
and I save money too by not buying shampoo

A clean shaved head looks better than a comb over

edit on 14-7-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I am using Neocapil (2% minoxidil). I have been using it for over 9 months now, it does not work very well. Rogaine is very expensive, from what I know. Do you know about matthew gardsons method?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry I know this isn't useful in any way, but if you come up with an answer, let me know! I don't have a receding hair line yet, but if my dad's side of the family has anything to go by, then its just a matter of time!

Also I'm not so crazy about the idea of surgically implanting hairs from my butt-cheeks to my head to save me from a receding hair line!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
reply to post by chrismicha77

I am using Neocapil (2% minoxidil). I have been using it for over 9 months now, it does not work very well. Rogaine is very expensive, from what I know. Do you know about matthew gardsons method?

Here's what I do and it's pretty inexpensive. I buy the generic Rogaine at Dollar General for $8 (one month supply), also, I use Nizoral shampoo, it's a very effective combo.

I've heard of this treatments for hairloss but never used them. Although, I did use a mustard and baking soda like paste I use to mix up, it actually worked pretty damn good.

STAY AWAY FROM BALLCAPS!
edit on 14-7-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm female and the amount of hair I lose when showering or styling my hair is insane!

It's amazing I still have hair!

It freaks me out! Women can't go bald! I'm by no means bald but it still makes me wonder. I'm 32! A few of my girlfriends have the same problem but we all have thick hair.

I'm not above using something to keep my hair on my head! I have to swiffer my bathroom every other day because of the hair!!

I was on accutane 7yrs ago and that did affect my hair and nails but I didn't think it still would! While on it I was put on some prenatal meds for my hair and nails. It worked great but I don't know the name.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I too loose my hair while showering, and it's a lot, but my hair lose was due to playing baseball and football for so long. It's not really that I'm going bald but I'm a good looking guy, so I've been told, and I'd like to keep what I got.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I too loose my hair while showering, and it's a lot, but my hair lose was due to playing baseball and football for so long. It's not really that I'm going bald but I'm a good looking guy, so I've been told, and I'd like to keep what I got.

Bald men are sexy!

I like bald men or those with crew cuts ie military hair style...ohhh my favs!

My ex loved his ball cap but it made him go bald! The doctor told him not to wear it all the time but no he didn't listen.

Ball caps are bad for hair loss guys!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I personally dont care.
A few months ago I had a dream where I hadnt had a haircut in a while and woke up one morning with a full Justin Beiber like head of hair. I was going to shave it all off again!

In real life I probably would too. Might show a few people first for the lols, but its not staying.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sensitivity to certain foods can cause problems like eczema and hair to thin out. For me it was dairy products; once I stopped drinking milk my skin improved and my hair is fuller. Also, consider the shampoo you use; if it's perfumed try switching to a more natural or organic one. Avoid other hair products that may contain harmful ingredients.

Taking Rogaine or other chemicals wouldn't be necessary if you can eliminate the cause of the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Bald men are sexy!

I like bald men or those with crew cuts ie military hair style...ohhh my favs!

So says my wife. I, however, find my face with a bald head, or with crew cut to be quite ridiculous. I'd much rather have my Elvis cut, which I can no longer do due to my hairline receding.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

I dated a guy with the Elvis cut and side burns! I liked it! It even had some salt and pepper in it, liked that too!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
do like me ... GROW DREADS ... even if you do start to bald as long as you gots the locks youll still look badass haha ... im not balding just sayin even old balding men with dreads still can put the fear in ya

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't have any advice involving hair loss, but does anyone have
any advice about going grey? lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite
I don't have any advice involving hair loss, but does anyone have
any advice about going grey? lol.

Eat healthy natural foods, lots of colourful vegies like sweet potatoes. Get the right essential good fats into your diet like olive oil, coconut oil, avacadoes, fish oils.

I went from blond to grey, the grey only seemed to last for about a year, and for some reason, it turned reddish brown with only a little bit of greyness now.

The only thing I can think of is that I started to eat better. Or I could just be an anomaly.

My husband's hair turned white a couple of years ago, and he shaves it every spring - it freaks him out looking into the mirror and seeing white hair. He looks younger when he's a nice, shaved bald.

He also doesn't like the healthy foods the way I like them, his hair turned white, and my grey almost vanished

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I rock the military cut!

top topics

join