It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men who cuddle are happier!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I came across this and had to share

It seems men who like to cuddle are happier!

Researchers at Indiana University found that men who reported frequently kissing or cuddling with their partner were more likely to be happy in their relationship than those who did not. Women also experienced a cuddle boost, but the effect was smaller.

Personally I love to cuddle up with my man. It's a nice way to be close and intimate in a sense but without the sex.

I've always been a snuggler! Curling up on the couch with my man and a movie is a favorite.

So guys and gals are u a cuddler?

I know these studies are done by a small group however I will say that the guys I've dated who cuddled were happier. I never thought of it til I saw this and my experience is yes the ones who liked to cuddle were happier and less grumpy! I dated one guy 2 yrs and he hated cuddling or anything like it...he was always miserable lol
Still is!

The study, published in the August Archives of Sexual Behavior, online now, surveyed over 1,000 couples living in Japan, Brazil, Spain, Germany and the United States. All of the men who took the questionnaire were between 40 and 70 years old and had been either married or living with their partner for at least one year. Researchers examined relationship happiness as well as sexual satisfaction.

I know some of u who need some cuddling!!

Sorry for any errors I did this from my phone so deal :p

yourlife.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I agree.

But to find a nice woman to cuddle, isn't so easy nowadays when you're unemployed.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yea cuddling! Hubby is a cuddler. He has one of those big "Monster" recliners that we both fit in comfortably. Any time we watch a movie, it's the big chair instead of the couch. I love it!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Keep on cuddling!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I agree.

But to find a nice woman to cuddle, isn't so easy nowadays when you're unemployed.

Hey GM!

Well the right women will want to cuddle with u no matter your job status!

I supported a bf yrs ago who got laid off. I never thought less of him for it, it's life! It wasn't his fault they cut back on workers. He winded up getting a job a few months later and even though we are not together we are still friends. He even thanks me still for helping him and believing in him. I'm rare from what I've been told lol I just think I'm old fashioned and believe if u love someone you are there for them thru good and bad! Too many give up on what could have been "the one" so to speak when things got bad then wanted him/her back when things got better.

I always say " if u can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best"

edit on 7/14/2011 by mblahnikluver because: Darn iPhone autocorrect

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yea cuddling! Hubby is a cuddler. He has one of those big "Monster" recliners that we both fit in comfortably. Any time we watch a movie, it's the big chair instead of the couch. I love it!

Awe that's sweet!

My bf is a cuddler too! He's very affectionate and I love it.
I like when we got to a movie and puts the arm rest up so I can cuddle next to him in the seat.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If only I had a woman to cuddle with...sigh!
Maybe I'll just hire a professional cuddler and get happy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Nicely said, and indeed women with that mentality are rare.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Or, Hire yourself out as a professional cuddler and everybody wins!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Researchers at Indiana University found that men who reported frequently kissing or cuddling with their partner were more likely to be happy in their relationship than those who did not. Women also experienced a cuddle boost, but the effect was smaller.

Isnt that a bit backwards?
I would have thought it obvious to say men who reported be happy in their relationship were more likely to be kissing or cuddling with their partner than those who were not.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by chrismicha77

Or, Hire yourself out as a professional cuddler and everybody wins!

Hmmmm...didn't think of that!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Isnt that a bit backwards?
I would have thought it obvious to say men who reported be happy in their relationship were more likely to be kissing or cuddling with their partner than those who were not.

What do u not get?? It's self explanatory.

Men who cuddle are happier. Did u read the article or just the excerpts?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I get cuddled to death! I mean I seriously don't get to breath my own air! LOL! I like it ( when it's not too hot) and he is a pretty happy guy. I would have to say the study has some merit, my ex-husband did not cuddle and now he is an ex....Hmmmm. Maybe even if you men aren't big on cuddling you should start, could save your relationships, and cuddling sometimes leads to "mashing potatoes"! HAHA!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Haha mashing potatoes! That's awesome.

The newscaster made a comment about cuddling and why men do it lol something like mashing taters :p

I like ur avy too!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Being a man who likes to cuddle can have devestating effects for him if the woman doesn't reciprocate.

Some women are just naturally cold and incapable of anything physical except a good rogering. (tell me about your father?) lol.

Modern life eh?.....
edit on 14/7/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I like cuddling...

Spooning leads to forking, as they say.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The beginning stages of suffocation.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Back when I used to date girls, practically all I would do was kiss & cuddle. My favorite thing to do with my girlfriend was just watch a movie and cuddle.

Unfortunately, they all got bored with me since I never made a move beyond cuddling, left me for obnoxious douchebags. Probably ended up leaving them too because they wouldn't cuddle enough.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted more out of those relationships, but I'm just not the aggressive type. I find it difficult to make the first move.

Nowadays I don't get to do any cuddling, and I'm miserable, so I guess its true.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you and Thank you! I would tell the story of where I got the phrase but I think it would be flagged, lol!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

They just werent worthy of your cuddling

My bf isn't very aggressive either but I am so good thing for him!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join