It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE in a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So last night while I was asleep, I had a dream. In this dream I was in a dark room because I had pissed off the person that was in charge so they put me in there as a sort of punishment. At first I was nervous, but eventually I found a chair and began to just meditate. While I was in the dream though, I felt this extreme rush of energy through my "in-dream body" and opened my eyes to see that I was beginning to float out of my body (the upper half was already out, but I was having trouble staying calm enough to get all the way out). I was pumped. I have often wondered what it would be like to have an out of body experience. I was just wondering if someone else has had the same effect where they were so involved in their dream-world that they could have an OBE in it, and if that means that I could do it in "real life". Also, when I woke up, I could feel the tingling sensation I get sometimes when I meditate deeply. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

I had that experience last year. I floated out of my body & headed towards my bathroom.

I remember floating towards the window & noticed there was a blue tarp over a portion of the garage roof (not normally there) I suddenly felt very heavy & turned to head back to my bed.

I made it across the room but sunk to the floor in the doorway. All I remember after that is waking up & going "wow" to myself.

Awesome experience!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I've heard of people having them outside of dreams, but this all happened within the confines of a dream-world. I wasn't floating over my bed, I was floating over my body in the dark room, but the room wasn't as dark then. I would like to do something like that in real life though.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
OBE's cannot occur in the "dream-state"...as they are a form unto themselves of a simultaneous "awake and dreaming-state".

You were just dreaming. Period.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I guess in real you try it but somehow never succeeded, even it seems so near to accomplished.

This dream might just remind you. Might you already able to do it in real but just need a little bit thing that you might forgot or didnt know.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmmm some good points. I have already had a couple of involuntary OBE's in my life. Perhaps it could just be me subconsciously continuing to try even though I gave up a while ago. It just felt real at the time in the dream, but I can definitely see it just be my dreams trying to tell me I have before so why not again on my own terms. And perhaps I'm ready now.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I've also had several involuntary OBEs, a couple were from the dream state. I wouldn't consider any advice you get on here to be absolute. It is entirely possible you did have an OBE regardless of whether you were in the dream state. OBEs aren't even accepted by science, not much is in the metaphysical world. So when people try to tell you with certainty what has happened to you just take it with a grain of salt (it is just their opinion). Trust in yourself and what you believe happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This sort of experience has happened to me several times. I consider it a dream of an OBE. The thread has become confusing with people not differentiating that you only claimed you DREAMED of an OBE, not that you HAD an OBE. And of course like you said there is always the slightest possibility that it was really an OBE and this is true), but it's very likely not. I will just say that when you are dreaming (whether you realize it or not) and you try to exit your body, belief is everything. So you can dream that you OBE'd without relaxing your (dream) body, without being spiritually centered or whatever (which is very nice). In waking life an OBE requires a lot of factors, and near perfect relaxation of the body, and I'd even say a bit of luck (as far as your physiological factors especially) until you have mastered it. A pretty big headache I must say lol.

But a dream of an OBE is certainly a worthy experience and interesting in it's own right. Like I said I've had a few and cool things happen. I would also throw this out as a possibility: Robert Bruce and other expert astral projectors claim that people astral project all the time, they just don't remember. Maybe you have had this happen before and just don't recall it, but your subconcious knows what it feels like because you have experienced before, and thus you are able to dream about it pretty legitimately.

Because not EVERY dreamer dreams about this situation, apparently. So now I'm more curious to know if others have had this? What is different about people who dream about it and those who don't.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuralGal

I had that experience last year. I floated out of my body & headed towards my bathroom.

I remember floating towards the window & noticed there was a blue tarp over a portion of the garage roof (not normally there) I suddenly felt very heavy & turned to head back to my bed.

I made it across the room but sunk to the floor in the doorway. All I remember after that is waking up & going "wow" to myself.

Awesome experience!

I also started just floating around my physical environment. Since then each and every time I have left that location, it is through a patio type door or a window. It is interesting that you said this. I've even attempted to explain this away but sleeping in different locations. I am definitely experiencing something and I always find a window in order to leave.

I also have trouble with direction and location outside of my 5 sensory body when I OBE. I have also wandered around, "bumping" into things and even faltering. I've gotten better.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've had a similar dream experience. Except I was pulled out of my dream body by these two dudes in long coats. I vividly remember staring down at my dream self and hearing them say, "He's getting stronger, but he's not ready yet." Trippy.

top topics

join