It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you should love Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
First, mods:: I put this in Social Issues and Civil Unrest because I feel it is definately a social issue. If you feel you should move it, go for it.

I know Anon has become a hot but touchy subject, especially here on ATS, but are they really bad for us on the interwebz? Maybe but are they good for the majority of people around the world? Well, maybe.

I was pretty sure that the only thing to come out of anonymous' hacking and vid campaign would be the end of the free internet. I have changed my mind.

See I believe the real goal here isn't to steal information from hacked sites or to bring down websites of perceived evil-doers, or even to post silly videos. It is about getting the masses to realize how really bad the world governments and corporations are corrupted. It's about, "waking the sheeple up".

The only point of all the hacking, videos, etc., is to draw attention to the truth. Anon is waging a war to win the hearts and minds of the medicated masses. I mean how many of you have been here on our comfey ATS boards yelling, "wake up!", to a bunch who pretty much already are? They have taken it to the streets essentially.

For this reason, I'm not so sure I'm against them anymore

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It has already started
They can arrest all the people they want.
Anonymous the idea has been adopted by many people now, and thousands are joining a day.

They are doing good, whether people here see it or not. But they're entitled to their opinion. You don't have to believe in them at all. But they are stirring the pot. They are out there. There MSM has acknowledged them. And thousands flock to the movement.

Its about exposing corruption, they have them sweating at the collar now and its barely begun. And before you spew garbage about 'censoring the internet''.. Its already censored. Everything is censored now a days. ATT has already capped some ridiculous amount of its customers downloads. Not to mention privacy has gone out the door on the internet these days. The government has all the information about you, and they obtain it through 'legal' means. Such as adding cookies to your computer to obtain search patterns. Monitoring you? more than possible.

Dont delude yourselves to thinking that Censorship wouldn't have happened without anonymous. It would have. And the internet kill switch? never gunna happen. Everything is too focussed on the internet infrastructure for it to be shut down. Every business needs the internet. Every agency needs the internet.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There is only one way to teach the truth, through careful explanation of the facts, reasoned argument, and logic. Even if the downside to this is not enough action, and the nay-sayers will say that words are meaningless while the country is being stolen, the fact remains you can only teach the truth through logic and reasoning, not hacking. Do you really think someone will say "Gee, I really get that 9/11 was an inside job because some guys are hacking Sony website," For that matter, has Anon ever said anything about 9/11 being an inside job? Or someone saying "Gee, I get it, the banks are bad, let's hack stuff" is this a really good idea?

How does one learn science? Through experimentation? Yes. But also by understanding the mechanics of the experiment. People can watch a rocket or a bomb go off and say "wow, science" but that hardly compares to the people who can make the rocket or bomb. It doesn't take much skill to push a button, it takes more skill to create the thing (even if it is a destructive thing, bad example I know).

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Sir, you are completely missing the point. They did not ONLY hack Sony but amongst the latest of their endeavors is Monsanto. If you only had a clue on how bad these corporations are shafting not millions but BILLIONS of people worldwide you would surely gain some respect for Anonymous, who in fact are taking a stand for YOU. The anonymous worker who works all his life and then dies, your anonymous son or daughter who has to work all their lives for nothing, they are taking a stand for you and me. However small or big their actions may be, it's not done for their own good it's done for the greater good. Get a clue.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Have you heard the colloquialism, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink? I don't think you can force anyone to learn if they don't want to. I believe the point behind anonymous isn't to be the news source for the masses but to grab their attention.

I myself felt like many people, that something was wrong but had no idea what. I began like many here, researching after someone sent me an email 10 years ago, that questioned the official story of 9/11. That opened the door and I couldn't stop the need to learn more.

Same concept, larger audience.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The internet is the last stronghold of freedom. Anonymous is simply flexing the power we all have. If people think Anonymous is doing anything terrible for the world then they need to look around their world. The fact that we even question the actions of Anonymous shows how influenced we are by mass media and corporations.

They're scary to people because they're an indefinable and loosely organized, fighting a new form of information warfare. But Anonymous is one of the few "organizations" (for lack of a better word) that puts OUR interests ahead of typical corporate, profit driven interests. This is new, strange and dangerous to corporate interests.

Regardless of how you feel about Anon (or anyone fighting the system), the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Sir, you are completely missing the point. They did not ONLY hack Sony but amongst the latest of their endeavors is Monsanto. If you only had a clue on how bad these corporations are shafting not millions but BILLIONS of people worldwide you would surely gain some respect for Anonymous, who in fact are taking a stand for YOU. The anonymous worker who works all his life and then dies, your anonymous son or daughter who has to work all their lives for nothing, they are taking a stand for you and me. However small or big their actions may be, it's not done for their own good it's done for the greater good. Get a clue.

Don't assume I don't know what is going on. If anything I spend too much time on ATS and researching conspiracy stuff. And yes I know that they hacked Monsanto's email accounts of their employees, which will just convince those corporations to run to the government for help to add more security to the internet (even if it doesn't stop the hacks). No one needs to take a stand for me, I do that for myself. I'm a watcher so I know what is going on in the anonymous world but my warning is to be careful about the man behind the mask, you don't know what his true intentions are. (and anyone can impersonate him by wearing said mask). This is like False Flag 101, Annonymous is the easiest group to impersonate and then blame attacks on.

As for the hacking, it is a smart strategic weapon, but it will only lead to more war. I prefer the truth even if it is through a slow medium and no one pays attention. My stand is not anonymous, my stand is the truth.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
that questioned the official story of 9/11.

speaking of 9/11, has annonymous ever mentioned the truth about 9/11? It's an honest question, maybe they have, but from what I've seen they've never mentioned it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

that questioned the official story of 9/11.

speaking of 9/11, has annonymous ever mentioned the truth about 9/11? It's an honest question, maybe they have, but from what I've seen they've never mentioned it.

I'm sure they'll expose this someday soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

And yes I know that they hacked Monsanto's email accounts of their employees, which will just convince those corporations to run to the government for help to add more security to the internet

That is government double speak and frankly, I am of the opinion this rumor was spread by certain agencies to DECREASE the support people like us would give to Anonymous.

Enjoy your box.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

See but you are coming from the thought process of protecting what we already have (internet). Are things ok now? I think that, that line of thinking won't help us.

We have to take chances at times to progress. Would it be worth the internet if millions in the real world learnedd the truth? Then we could not only return the internet but change the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

See but you are coming from the thought process of protecting what we already have (internet). Are things ok now? I think that, that line of thinking won't help us.

We have to take chances at times to progress. Would it be worth the internet if millions in the real world learnedd the truth? Then we could not only return the internet but change the world.

Precisely. Anon is getting people to think for themselves, do their own research on the corruption. And its working fairly well.

But everything here is a conspiracy, psyop, or counterintel. So.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It actually wouldn't matter if anon was a psyop if you think about it. They are bringing attention to real issues. The more attention given to anonymous, the more people see that there is something wrong and seek out the truth on their own.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd just like to say I just learned of ANONymous in the last 24 hours.
I get what they are doing. They are not asking any of us to hack anything.
They are trying to light a flame that will never be exstinquished.

They want you to find the corruption and not look the otherway
They want you to refuse to allow people to ignore these things.
The corrupt get away with being corrupt because we allow them by ignoreing it.

Ignorance is not bliss, it has become our prison.
Proactiveness is not terrorism or unpatriotic as our goverment wish's us to believe.
A true patriot, the one's that founded our country, were outlaws, gorillia fighter's and spy's.
They did not ignorantly fall in line when told to do so. They burned the line, they burned the tyranny.

Not only this, They want you to relize you have a choice.
Which is the goverments sick lil secret. Fake freedom or true freedom, you're choice.
Freedom has never been something just handed to you. As some choose to believe.
Our goverment works for us and if anyone truely studied the laws of our founding fathers, you would know the power of it comes from us. Not them......

Our founding fathers never said you cant run for prez unless you have the money.
The corrupt will continue corrupting our freedoms, untill we take a stand.
IF YOU DONT STAND FOR SOMETHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Wow great response. If I could I'd give you a million flags. I firmly believe that regardless of the nature of Anonymous, they are raising awareness to the fact that there is a problem.

People that have felt that things were wrong but didn't know how or why will start researching. When they find the facts about how corrupt and evil those in power are on their own, they become our allies.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anon is not a pyscops operation. It is grass roots from the bottom up. Nor is it all about hacking and denial of service attacks it is about freedom of information and speech.
Once peeps burned books now they shut down internet sites....

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

yep lovely response from you.. the faster peeps wake up the better..........

new topics

top topics

join